Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anypony else trying to figure out what their cutie mark would be?

Emmathebrony

Hello Everypony!,

I've been thinking and I can't figure out what my cutie mark would really be.  I really want something unique to represent me, but I'm not sure what it would be. My fiancce's is simple her's would be a jingle bell she's obsessed with them they make her happy...but me I don't know.

I was wondering if anypony would have any ideas? Or if anypony else wonders what their cutie mark would be too?

There are so many things I like and so many things I would like to think I'm good at but I'm not sure.

I always wanted to be an author since I could scribble but I've never finished a book or anything longer than a short story...I work on it everyday though.

I was born singing, and born musical, I played the cello for twelve years, the drums for three, the piano for a few months now I own a ukulele and I'm saving up for a guitar..I've only written one song that I'm satisfied with...in High School I was the lead in a few musicials.

I love ghosts and tarot cards and I'm convinced my grandfather who committed suicide when my mother was four is haunting me and trying to get me to end the cycle of self hatred in our family.

In middle school I created my own word: Nai, which actually is a word in Tai, it means deer. But when I came up with it, it was meant to represent a personality trait that everyone else had and I didn't now I view it as a wholeness and an acceptance of self...

My favorite season is fall because it's in between life and death and oooo all those lovely colors.  I view myself as having a really powerful darkside and a super powerful light side as well and I'm trying to love both sides...My favorite song is Blinding by Florence and the Machine.. My favorite color is silver and I have a crap ton of favorite animals...Oh I'm also sort of obsessed with "Christmas trees" I view them as Yule trees though and I love them because my family has always decorated them in a way that it looks like the christmas tree is an entire town and I used to use my imagination to escape into that world..

My favorite food is overly buttered popcorn.

Idk.. It's really hard to figure out just one thing that makes me special or my super special talent and that makes me feel not special at all..

Anypony else understand?

Edited by Emmathebrony
  • Brohoof 3

Same here, i thought i would have 'writing' as my cutie mark, but nope, my writings aren't good yet, i'm still learning though, but i could be on design and other stuff, but i don't know?

It's not really something you asked yourself, it's more of finding an answer within yourself. If it was as simple as asking a question, then everypony would have one, but it's not that easy.

Time to go soulsearching!!

I had a similar issue myself. Holding into memories from past lifes, ancient civilization. Many incarnation, races, cultures, feelings, colors and emotions I've experience within Creation. Experience dripping all over, from my heart, in form of pranic ecstasy.

When you've been here for a while, you literally ask yourself. "Who am I?" It's like a multifaceted diamond, in between two mirrors facing each other.

I was thinking about the "infinity" symbol, but even then, it's just a symbol. It falls short.

Now on earth, surrounded by lower frequencies of perception, in form of human beings. Sometimes it feels like I'm at the zoo. No offence. I take joy on interacting with human consciousness, even though it's kinda primitive sometimes.

So, yeap. Rising up the global consciousness at the moment. Fine tuning your emotions and thoughts into higher sentient-perception, beyond gamma. It gets so much better!

So at the "end" I gave up. No cutie mark for me. No labels.

Infinite nature.

Actually I have a pretty good idea of what mine would be as it is emblazoned on my ponysona. Albeit one can't see it in my avatar picture but I carry it with me in my RPs and in my heart.

My cutie-mark is a pen crossed with a sword. Now, like the OP I am a complex individual. We all are. Coming up with a concise summation for our entire personas can be a daunting task. However, a good way to look at is to take the examples we have available to us.

Is Twilight's cutie-mark a book? No, but she's very studious. It does convey something rather subtle though. On the surface, it's a star burst that convey's a meaning of magical energy. However, if one looks closer (without getting called a pervert and receiving a well deserved smack ^_^), one can see five smaller stars with the big one in the center. In other words, Twilight's cutie mark was a prediction of her virtue of friendship, particularly that she would be the heart of the group. That's in addition to symbolizing her affinity for the stars as her dalliances with astronomy and sympathy with the Princesses, and her raw magical proficiency. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Or Applejack's, the seeming simplest of all. Sure she is an apple farmer and certainly has a love for the fruit, but she also loves something else, her family. All of the apple family have cutie-marks. AJ has three apples as her cutie mark, this could mean that she sees unity of her clan as central to her life.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

As for myself, I am studying to become a writer and I practice martial arts; especially those that involve swordsmanship. However, I also like video games, movies, mythology, theology, science, philosophy, and comic books. Why aren't those featured in my cutie mark?

Simple, they already are. The pen and sword represent a central thesis of my worldview.

"The pen and sword, in equal accord."

~The Book of Five Rings by Miyamoto Musashi.

Far from the famed "pen is mightier than the sword" that I have long sneered at, the samurai (or at least one of their paragons) believed in a balance between the arts practiced in peace and the arts practiced in conflict. A similar concept was held by some of the knightly orders of Europe, expected to be skilled in song and literature as well as arms.

While the actual reality of those samurai or knights who actually lived up to this ideal was hit or miss, the ideal was still there and deserved to be strived for.

The pen means many things: my desire and talent of writing, my interest in the introspective schools of thought, that I hold artistic expression in a high place.

The sword likewise: my study of actual swordplay and it's connected arts, my sincerely held idealism, that I cling to many things considered obsolete in the modern age.

The union of the two even conveys meaning. Namely, the promise to act on my ideals and goals rather than to hold them in inept condemnation or socially cowed silence.

So, your cutie mark need not be so comprehensive as to encompass everything that you are. Rather, let it be you in broad strokes. The only mistake one could make is if their cutie mark conveyed a false meaning.

We certainly saw how negatively it effects ponies when THAT happens.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 3

Just for the heck of it, I tried making what I think would be my cutie mark. Brohoofs to anyone who can figure out what everything represents.

Qup8WKp.png

Edited by Regulus

post-18984-0-79845300-1399345014.gif well i have to say i consider myself as a  creative pony, i like to innovate and be original, since i was a foal i never liked to follow the others cuz is boring and thats not me, so i decided to make my own world, am not sure what Cutie Mark will represent that but i am good with my jobs
  • Brohoof 1

Personally, I think my cutie mark would be motorsport related.

I have been considered above-average when it comes to driving. My knowledge with driving is substantial. When it comes to setting up a car for a specific track, Im pretty good with that as well. Race strategy may be my weakest point though.

(I should point out that I'm not a real racing driver, I just pretend to be. But it all can transfer to the real thing.)

Edited by Indigo Racing

Hello Everypony!,

I've been thinking and I can't figure out what my cutie mark would really be. I really want something unique to represent me, but I'm not sure what it would be. My fiancce's is simple her's would be a jingle bell she's obsessed with them they make her happy...but me I don't know.

I was wondering if anypony would have any ideas? Or if anypony else wonders what their cutie mark would be too?

There are so many things I like and so many things I would like to think I'm good at but I'm not sure.

I always wanted to be an author since I could scribble but I've never finished a book or anything longer than a short story...I work on it everyday though.

I was born singing, and born musical, I played the cello for twelve years, the drums for three, the piano for a few months now I own a ukulele and I'm saving up for a guitar..I've only written one song that I'm satisfied with...in High School I was the lead in a few musicials.

I love ghosts and tarot cards and I'm convinced my grandfather who committed suicide when my mother was four is haunting me and trying to get me to end the cycle of self hatred in our family.

In middle school I created my own word: Nai, which actually is a word in Tai, it means deer. But when I came up with it, it was meant to represent a personality trait that everyone else had and I didn't now I view it as a wholeness and an acceptance of self...

My favorite season is fall because it's in between life and death and oooo all those lovely colors. I view myself as having a really powerful darkside and a super powerful light side as well and I'm trying to love both sides...My favorite song is Blinding by Florence and the Machine.. My favorite color is silver and I have a crap ton of favorite animals...Oh I'm also sort of obsessed with "Christmas trees" I view them as Yule trees though and I love them because my family has always decorated them in a way that it looks like the christmas tree is an entire town and I used to use my imagination to escape into that world..

My favorite food is overly buttered popcorn.

Idk.. It's really hard to figure out just one thing that makes me special or my super special talent and that makes me feel not special at all..

Anypony else understand?

Blank flank? Well, look no further!

wind_chaser_profile_by_pegasusexpress201

I'm entirely out of touch with my strengths. There are so many things I can and can't do and yet I feel as if none of it matters anyway. I don't know what I should do with my life, I let others make the decisions for me.

I guess I can write well, I guess I can draw well, there are a lot of things I used to aspire to do in real life but never got the chance to even work towards doing them.

I was extremely depressed and hopeless for a long time, not wanting to do anything. I'm not as depressive and hopeless as I was a few months ago but I still feel in a powerless and useless position as to finding where my strengths actually are in real life and how I can use them.

There is some good to being a blank flank. You're still finding yourself. Your life is not yet on the set path that the concept of having a cutie mark would yield to you. There is still time to make new experiences. You still have a chance at self-discovery no matter how hard the world tries to take it from you. You have to go out there and find it, and like the message of MLP states, friendship is one of the things that will help you. I've made a few friends and bettered myself as a person. Although they couldn't make the real life problems go away, they really made me better at handling them.

I really wish MLP would do an episode about an adult blank flank just to show how good it can be not to be on that path. My OC fills the niche that has not yet been filled by the show.

Edited by Wind Chaser

I don't know what my cutie mark would be either. -_- I don't have any "special talents", since I'm a boring person who isn't very good at anything.

My OC's cutie mark is a silver star, but my OC is quite a bit different than me... 

My friend made a ponified version of myself, which I call my ponysona; he originally used a Harry Potter cutie mark, but I'm not as big a Harry Potter fan as I once was, so I changed it. Now the cutie mark is two hearts in the color of my OC and my boyfriend SparkWolf's OC (you can see it on my profile)

I don't think my special talent is loving Wolfie, but it's still a cute cutie mark :P

• Brohoof 1

I'm still working on mine but what I've got atm is 2 dice next to each other and a hand of cards behind it because when it comes to any game of chance my friends say I'm just insanely lucky like unnaturally so