Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Welcome to the Herd episode starter kit

Ashbad

Sup, I've been thinking of throwing a list of episodes for my non-brony friends to watch over Spring Break, just a little episode pack to incite a few of them to join Bronyville. Any ideas as to what episodes I should use? They said, for the most part, they'd watch 4-5 at most before judging.

Do you think I should have them watch the pilots? Those seem to be turn-offs for newcomers (honestly, it took two tries to get past them, and once I did, episodes 3/4 drew me in)

(edited)

It was the first two episodes of the second season that really made me realize "I'm watching ponies and I love it", so I'd say throw those in there.

Edited by lordbababa

Dragonshy and Lesson Zero are GREAT episodes...

"She even comes with her own notebook and quill, for when you want to pretend she's doing her homework!"

• Brohoof 1

Dragonshy :wub:

Hmm, I think someone might have an episode bias ... :P but yes, that was a good episode.

It was the first two episodes of the second season that really made me realize "I'm watching ponies and I love it", so I'd say throw those in there.

Yes, those two were awesome; perhaps I can end up with the first one being the last in the list, and not include part II, so that they have the urge (possibly) to go figure out what happens ;)

• Brohoof 1

i think the sonic rainboom (se1 ep16) would be preety much mandatory to show its not just for little girls. my personal fav ep is the cutie mark chronicles, however you need to be a brony, and have watched a few episodes to like it.

You may want to show them fan-labor instead of episodes. They should be able to appreciate well-made artwork, music, ect regardless of if they like ponies.

If you want my suggestions, I would say:

Putting Your Hoof Down

Return of Harmony Parts 1 and 2

Super Cider Squeezy 6000

Boast Busters

I wouldn't show the pilots. They are the only episodes I never go to re-watch.

To introduce newcomers, I always suggest that they watch six episodes before judging: one for each main character. Specifically, I recommend (in no particular order):

Dragonshy

Sonic Rainboom

Lesson Zero

SSCS6K

Party of One

Suited for Success

Hmm, I think someone might have an episode bias ... :P but yes, that was a good episode.

No, I didn't really even make my name because of the episode. I just liked the name and it just happened to be an episode that I liked too. Also, I'm not the only one who put that. :P

The first person I converted, I used the episodes (in order):

Bridle Gossip (this one works wonderful)

Swarm of the Century

Lesson Zero

Party of One

Friendship is Magic Pt 1

Friendship is Magic Pt 2

After this he watched the rest himself

Lesson Zero I cannot stress enough, it's an essential episode to show just how good the show can get. I'd also suggest you show Bridle Gossip for its humor, Winter Wrap Up to show them the very best of the show's music, Dragon Quest for its male-friendliness, and A Dog and Pony Show because I dunno, I just really like that episode... :lol:

Hmm, so far my list is this, based on input:

Sonic Rainboom

Lesson Zero

Dragon Quest

Dragonshy

Winter Wrap Up

(edited)

Sonic Rainboom (converted 2 non-bronies with one facebook post of this episode)

Dragonshy (the ponies encounter a dragon, nothing with a dragon can be too girly)

Winter Wrap Up (that song is catchy)

Party of One (proves that not everything in Equestria is sunshine and rainbows)

Over a Barrel (good mix of humor and drama)

EDIT: After asking some brony friends, Bridle Gossip could be substituted for Dragonshy as the fifth choice.

Edited by Hatguy

I think Swarm of the Century. It shows how each of the mane 6 deal with problems which is a nice way to introduce the characters without getting too boring.

Also the Discord episodes. Discord is undeniably awesome.