Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Resurgence OOC Reboot (Post-Apocalyptic, Sci-fi, Anthro, Dark) -Closed-

EcstaticWind

I'll get a proper character page up ASAP, no worries.

As for a prominent flaw, It probably goes without saying, but for Etmas, it's his gambling. Small time stuff he can pass over without a care, but the bigger the risk and reward: the bigger the draw. This also means that he's all for trying absurdly dangerous things, even at the best of times. He always expects to come out on the winning team, simply because he usually does.

When your naturally lucky, it gets really easy to take that luck for granted.

BIO here: still working on it, but this is the page link:

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/etmas-may-r7658

Edited by Cinder

Hmmm... I guess I can give it a try...

Frozen's biggest flaw is probably her loyalty. She is quick to form bonds due to a lack of friends as a child, and rarely breaks them for the same reason. However, she also expects the same of the people she bonds with, and a few betrayals will lead to her going on edge and becoming incredibly untrusting.

How's that?

And happy breaking!

Fixit is impatient, sometimes unfocused and hellishly stubborn. He almost never compromises on points of contention, is inclined to become angry when people refuse to just act or to see his point of view, and will often get distracted by minor details (can't see the forest for the trees.)

I would love to participate in this roleplay, and I think Goldseek would be perfect for it. He would be a Striker, equipped with a Sword, a Shotgun and a Stun Baton. Also, before I start writing an edited backstory for this RP, could I have an idea of what life is like in the Citadel.

Some of Blackheart's flaws could include...

His masochistic nature, which he will endanger himself to protect others.

His Social Awkwardness, he doesn't know how to socialize very well and is very shy.

His love of knowledge. If there is any remaining historical artifacts and such he would try everything in his power to collect and preserve it. Without a history, how can there be a future (One of his sayings)

I guess you could also throw in his bullheadedness/bravery in the face of danger. Meaning he doesn't back down from a fight. (This mainly goes for monsters. With other ponies he might try reasoning with them.)

Again, it's about that hidden family wish. Bulawayo has this hidden pressure of wanting to fulfill his families desire to see the old lands that his ancestors once lived.

As for a more obvious flaw, if ever the chance someone has similar knowledge that he has he prefers things be done by his preference. Like say, if there by example a second medic. Bulawayo do his absolute to assure that his training and experience is used first. Otherwise he could become rather irritable.

Cosmic's main flaw (not really a flaw, per say, but a method of exploitation) is his love for his 26 year old sister. He will do just about anything for her, and if she's in danger he'll protect her at all costs. Other more minor flaws include how impatient he is and how grossed out he can be.

@@Laserbolt@@@@The Shadow Stallion@@@Archi the Atmomancer@@Commander Tangent@@FractalMoon,

I know I said we were closed, but there's a good reason for this one. Rusty Trails is accepted, and to give Bulawayo some competition as a medic, I shall add a character of my own.

Meet Faithful 'Faith' Belief: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/faithful-belief-r6244

Class: Medic

Primary Weapon: Marksman Rifle

Secondary Weapon: Light Pistol

Class Feature: Healing Spell.

@@Laserbolt@@@@The Shadow Stallion@@@Archi the Atmomancer@@Commander Tangent@@FractalMoon,

RP Thread is up: http://mlpforums.com/topic/117669-resurgence-rp-reboot-post-apocalyptic-sci-fi-anthro-dark/

Edited by Windbreaker

I have an armor idea for blackheart if we can post up pics of armor x3

Also I have to say, I really do like the setup of this RP. The whole squad thing with the roles. Makes it feel like a Halo, Warhammer 40k, or even Mass Effect RP, but with well... anthro ponies XD

I was feeling more XCOM or Wasteland with ponies, but those other things work well too.

@

I just had a question, do the characters in the RP have ranks? If so, should they be referred to as such?

@@FractalMoon,

Yes, they do have ranks. Using this ranking system: http://www.militaryfactory.com/ranks/army_ranks.asp

As of now, most of the squad is ranked at Private First Class, the newbies (Rusty and Faith) are Private, and Sai was assigned the rank of Sergeant. Also note that Faith mentioned her brother being Sergeant Assured Gambit.

As for referring to everyone by ranks, I'm not familiar with military etiquette, but formality is only required on the Citadel, but it's up to Rascal if Sai prefers being referred to by her rank or not.

And this RP was actually inspired by most of the examples listed. Not so much XCOM, but Halo, Warhammer 40K and especially Mass Effect had a hand in inspiring this RP.

I'm fine with being called by just my name, or Librarian, or ma'am or anything like that. Sai doesn't really have need for rank. 

But also, I would just like to request this, if anyone is planning on writing their characters speech in a different colour than black, can I ask that you don't choose pink/red? I can't see pink, and red I have trouble with sometimes, and I would love it if I was able to read what characters were saying than not.