Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Anyone else a fan of SWAT Kats?

ShadOBabe

Deputy Mayor Calico "Callie" Briggs was my favorite character. She's just so cool! She held Megacat City together even though the mayor was a bungling oaf.

img-3410622-1-darkcallie_ske.jpg

Speaking of the Mayor, remember when he was the one to (re-)kill the Red Lynx?

• Brohoof 2

OMG, look at all the replies this thread got while I was asleep last night!!

I'm at work and the quote feature doesn't work on the computers here, so I'll reply to them when I get home tonight.

I'm surprised not a single person has posted an image of their jet fighter yet XD

OMG, you're right. Let's fix that right now!

swat-kats_L07.jpg

The Turbo Kat was a beast. XD

OMG yes! That show was awesome

I enjoyed the series, once upon a time. :)

WHOOHOO!! More fans!! <33

Deputy Mayor Calico "Callie" Briggs was my favorite character. She's just so cool! She held Megacat City together even though the mayor was a bungling oaf.

img-3410622-1-darkcallie_ske.jpg

Oh absolutely. She was a HUGE bad@$$.

Loved her!! 83

Speaking of the Mayor, remember when he was the one to (re-)kill the Red Lynx?

Indeed!! He still annoyed the crap out of me though.

• Brohoof 3

I faintly remember SWAT Kats coming on sometimes when I was a kid and thinking it was weird. The episode that stands out to me was one where the skinnier one thinks he accidentally injured an elderly couple. He's feeling guilty about it, so he visits them in the hospital, only to find out they were bad guys in disguise trying to make him feel bad.

Am I remembering that correctly?

I faintly remember SWAT Kats coming on sometimes when I was a kid and thinking it was weird. The episode that stands out to me was one where the skinnier one thinks he accidentally injured an elderly couple. He's feeling guilty about it, so he visits them in the hospital, only to find out they were bad guys in disguise trying to make him feel bad.

Am I remembering that correctly?

Pretty much. Basically they were just random thugs hired to fake their injuries and blame them on the SWAT Kats.

Not only did it give them bad press, but it greatly upset the "skinnier one" (Razor), who's known as a sure shot. He almost quit entirely, because he couldn't handle the guilt of the idea that he might have accidentally injured civilians, which was the bad guy's intent.

• Brohoof 2

Pretty much. Basically they were just random thugs hired to fake their injuries and blame them on the SWAT Kats.

Not only did it give them bad press, but it greatly upset the "skinnier one" (Razor), who's known as a sure shot. He almost quit entirely, because he couldn't handle the guilt of the idea that he might have accidentally injured civilians, which was the bad guy's intent.

Very weird. If I remember correctly, the thugs revealed themselves right there in the hospital, which probably undermines the plan.

Very weird. If I remember correctly, the thugs revealed themselves right there in the hospital, which probably undermines the plan.

No, they said something to give up their ruse and Razor pulled their disguises off.

• 2 weeks later...

Looked up an episode on the internet and watched it with my friend not too long ago. It was the episode where Dr. Viper takes over this skyscraper with his plant minions and intends to transform the city into his own swamp paradise.

Dr. Viper was always one of my favorite of the villains. His minions were always sweet to.

Dr._Viper.jpg

I also found this.

pony_yuri_and_viper_by_amandataylor-d5rx

Not the best artwork, but I was surprised to find a Swat katz/pony related piece of art

• Brohoof 1

Looked up an episode on the internet and watched it with my friend not too long ago. It was the episode where Dr. Viper takes over this skyscraper with his plant minions and intends to transform the city into his own swamp paradise.

Dr. Viper was always one of my favorite of the villains. His minions were always sweet to.

img-3436957-1-Dr._Viper.jpg

I also found this.

img-3436957-2-pony_yuri_and_viper_by_ama

Not the best artwork, but I was surprised to find a Swat katz/pony related piece of art

Oh yeah, Dr. Viper was probably my favorite as well. And that's a pretty sweet pixel art you found of him!

LOL at his pony self. XD rule of the Internet, if it exists, there's a pony of it.

I liked her glasses, too. I wanted a pair like that, with one big lens for both eyes!

Haha!! That would be pretty cool. Just as long as each of your eyes don't need a different prescription.
  • Brohoof 1

img-3436957-1-Dr._Viper.jpg

I also found this.

img-3436957-2-pony_yuri_and_viper_by_ama

Wow, Pony!Viper looks quite bishonen.

P.S.: Who's the mare?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

To bad Ted Warner hate a hateboner for it and cancelled it.

You know, I've actually heard some stuff that says he gets a lot of inaccurate blame for that.

I'm not sure what to believe about it. Though I know he's quoted as saying, "I don't want shows that encourages kids to shoot people."

And if he's applying that to SWAT Kats, then he's an idiot.

Edited by ShadOBabe

You know, I've actually heard some stuff that says he gets a lot of inaccurate blame for that.

I'm not sure what to believe about it. Though I know he's quoted as saying, "I don't want shows that encourages kids to shoot people."

And if he's applying that to SWAT Kats, then he's an idiot.

He's especially an idiot because his pet show(Captian Planet) had an episode discussing the merits of population control via limiting births per person and calling people that "had to many kids" selfish.

Keep in mind it wasn't a bad show, it just had crazy bullshit like that fly out of left-field every so often. 

He's especially an idiot because his pet show(Captian Planet) had an episode discussing the merits of population control via limiting births per person and calling people that "had to many kids" selfish.

Keep in mind it wasn't a bad show, it just had crazy bullshit like that fly out of left-field every so often.

Haha!! Yeah, I get it. I remember loving Captain Planet as a kid.

But I don't remember a lot of those crazy episodes people cite. XD

• Brohoof 1

Haha!! That would be pretty cool. Just as long as each of your eyes don't need a different prescription.

My eyes are a mess, I still like Callie's glasses though. That's a great look for her. A couple of years ago, I said "Shiver me timbers" put on an eye patch, and the entire SwatKats series ended up magically on my hard drive. It's time to pull out the DVD and watch them again!

My favorite episode  is "Bride of the Pastmaster" I love time travel stories! In it, we meet Callie's distant ancestor, Queen Callista. Look at this model sheet. The queen has got PLOT!

queen_callista_model_006.jpg

My eyes are a mess, I still like Callie's glasses though. That's a great look for her. A couple of years ago, I said "Shiver me timbers" put on an eye patch, and the entire SwatKats series ended up magically on my hard drive. It's time to pull out the DVD and watch them again!

My favorite episode  is "Bride of the Pastmaster" I love time travel stories! In it, we meet Callie's distant ancestor, Queen Callista. Look at this model sheet. The queen has got PLOT!

LOL!! I'm gonna buy the DVD set just as soon as I get the chance.

And haha, that episode. All I remember from it right now is that Razor gets designated a destined hero by a prophecy, he gets a crush on the queen, and the T-Bone makes fun of him about it because he gets wrapped up in the "Sir Razor" thing. XD

• Brohoof 1

LOL!! I'm gonna buy the DVD set just as soon as I get the chance.

And haha, that episode. All I remember from it right now is that Razor gets designated a destined hero by a prophecy, he gets a crush on the queen, and the T-Bone makes fun of him about it because he gets wrapped up in the "Sir Razor" thing. XD

I really should be good and buy the DVDs. Mine are high quality, but not from a DVD source.