Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Too Old To Be A Blank Flank

LoCrois

The mare from the nik nack stand ran to catch up to Stormy then asked "I am sorry I did not say this earlyer but does your name happen to be Stormy? I had a friend that talked about you he said you were misterious and wanted to know more about you he left only a few minutes ago he said he was going to walk to ponyville, I thought you might want to know he's a nice stallion" Banner said remebering what happened just this day

(I did not have connection for a few days good thing I set my self in a position that left me quite a bit of time)

• Brohoof 1

@@thor9356 "Oh, no, I was... I dunno..." She thought about sharing her problems with him, but she then felt like it'd not be a good thing to do. Cosmic looked down at his hoof, holding out for her hoof, and then looked up. "Don't you feel sad about the whole thing? About your brother?"

"I do." He sighed for a moment continuing to stare at her hoof. "However, I think my brother is doing just fine. He had his reasons for leaving and honestly, I sort of envy him. He gets to see all of Equestria and I...I'm here. I know he'd be proud of me, but this all of this just feels more like a cage. A cage built from expectations not from my parents, but from myself." The young earth colt confessed, it was weird that he was telling this to a mare that he had met today, but there was something about her that he liked.

@@thor9356 "Oh..." She didn't know what to say, she didn't know what to do, she wanted to comfort him, but she felt like everything she could say would hurt him in one way or another, so she refrained from saying anything at all. She pulled away her hoof from his, and thought quickly something else to talk about, and spurted it as soon as the thought came to her head. "Um, nice weather we have been having lately, huh?" She smiled, trying to hide how stupid she felt the second after spurting such silly commentary out.

@@Cosmic Star,

"I guess you could say that. Sorry about being such a Debby Downer though. We should probably move onto something a little more positive eh? What was it that caused you to pursue Astronomy?He asked the mare. The young colt felt a little sad when she pulled her hoof away from his and was afraid she mistook it for him trying to flirt with her.

@@thor9356 "Uh... Well... I mean... It's a long story..." She awkwardly looked around. "You see, until some few year back, I didn't have a cutie mark, even though I was almost completely grown already. It was really weird, everyone got them from foal school, way back, and everything I had tried doing didn't help, even my younger sister had gotten hers already, and my parents were beginning to get really worried, and I was so lost... Then, one day, I met this pony, and then, we got to talk about random stuff, and then, we talked about... Stars and stuff. Which I've ALWAYS loved, you see, since I was a little foal, I've read all about the sky and its stars and such. But that was just like, a hobby... And yet... When I talked to him about Astronomy, that's when my cutie mark finally appeared, to mine and everyone's surprise. That's when I realized that maybe reading about the stars shouldn't just remain as a hobby, but I should pursue actual education on Astronomy, and, I don't know, maybe become an Astronomy teacher? Or professor?" Her face had illuminated while she spoke her story. "But... I haven't been so sure of that as of lately... I don't know... I feel like this is harder than it should be...." She had saddened up once again, and any trace of her joy from some second ago had vanished completely.

@@Cosmic Star

"Isn't everything harder than it should be? If it were easy, everypony could do it. We all face trials, but that's when we're tested on our passion of what we love. No pony likes dealing with these things, but when you get through it, it's one of the best feelings you get." Neutron said trying to reassure the pegasus.

"It's just that.... If it was just school, I'd be dealing okay... Not fine, I mean, I would have difficulties, still... But..." She sighed, and decided to continue. "I just miss so hardly my sisters and my parents... I know it sounds silly, but, some days, I miss them so much, it's impossible to put thoughts together... It just... Hurts...." She lowered her ears looked away.

@@Yoshikupo @@Unicorncob

Stormy just shurgged,"You can say it I've got a thick skin I'm not gonna be wounded by the fact I don't have anything really special about me it sucks but I stopped letting it hurt me a while back." she said as she looked at his flack and covered her's up more with her wings before looking rather surprised by the mare that came up from the nic nak stand,"A friends of mine....did this friend have a name?" she asked curiously.

Edited by LoCrois

@@LoCrois

"I would certainly consider this little ability of yours to be 'special'," The pegasus commented, his smile fading slightly as the mare from the stand approached them. He wasn't upset at their conversation being interrupted; more curious as to who she was and what she wanted.

He realised he hadn't formally introduced himself yet, and internally told himself off for it. He'd be sure to once this mare was done with her business and scampered off back to her nic-nacs.

• Brohoof 1

"It was Chain Brace" Banner replied to Stormy "I cant forget his name after today, I mean he did make me a buissness in one day with very few bits, did you know that theres a spell that can fuse almost anything?" Banner continued to say in a bit of amazment and then pulls out a book from her bag "infact he gave me this so I could learn more magic" Banner shows Stormy the cover of the book that says "the spells of equestria v.3"

• Brohoof 1

@@Unicorncob, @@Yoshikupo

Stormy smiled a bit,"Oh yeah...he was nice..and well I'm glad he helped you he did seem very nice when we met even if I kinda did duck out on him still feel a bit bad about that...and yes it's a good read I would suggest if you're having some trouble with your magic to read Elwick's guide to basics it like like a kids book but it's not it's actually a very good read and will help you out a lot cause some of the spell books such as the one you have read like VCR instructions and Elwick actually went the extra step to break things down in a way anyone can understand them really I'm sure if you read that you could be doing higher level magic in no time." she said trying to offer what advice she had and felt a bit bad since the Stallion she met just seemed to be standing there,"Have you ever read anything on magic?" she asked curiously.

Edited by LoCrois

@@LoCrois

@@Yoshikupo

The stallion waited politely during the mares' conversation, but not without listening in with interest. These two were obviously quite keen on magic. And this stallion, Chain Brace, seemed like an interesting pony, if this mare's claim was true.

As for Stormy's question, "I've read a few items regarding magic," he answered truthfully, "though I try to avoid common books. The likes of witchcraft, Zebra enchantments and the like, those are what interest me. If simply for their rarity." He added with a chuckle.

Perhaps, if he was lucky, he'd get to meet this Chain Brace, and find out just what kind of pony he is...

Stormy thought for a moment,"Hmmm may I suggest you read a book called Meek Magi it's a book of unusual spells and other works of magic found by a group of ponies who traveled all over documenting what strange and unusual magic they could find it's rather good I even got to meet one of the writes once it was kind of cool." she said smiling as she thought.

@@Cosmic Star,

The young colt frowned, he didn't like seeing Cosmic so down. "Well Cosmic, if you miss them so much then obviously they miss you just as much! I mean my parents do and I'm sure my brother does too. However, you're family wants what's best for you and they wouldn't want you to give up for their sake." He stated to the sad pegasus trying to convince her to keep going.

@@LoCrois

"Hm, interesting," The pegasus muttered to himself, nodding. That does indeed sound like an interesting read. He'll certainly have a look for it in the library at home. "I shall certainly look into it, thank you."

"Oh, my manners have escaped me," The stallion bowed his head to Stormy, "Dusk Waltz, I'm pleased to make your acquaintance."

"well Chain kind of just gave me his bag and he said I could keep what was left" Banner started to see if she missed anything in the bag "oh my" she said "he said he took out these" she brought out a bag of food "he's going to go throw the everfree forest and he said he was hungry over an hour ago, I hope he can get food somehow"

(edited)

@@thor9356 She looked at the colt, and a glimpse of determination could be seen for a second on her eyes. "You are right. I can't just give up. Also... If I go back, then what will I tell my parents and my sisters? I came to here because I was sure, or at least I thought I was sure, of what I wanted to do with my life."

Edited by Cosmic Star

@@Cosmic Star,

"You know if you think about it for a moment. Because of your family and that person who talked to you. I'd say you have more than enough reason to continue your pursuit, but I cannot stop you from changing what you want to do." He told Cosmic Star telling her his opinion on the situation. 

(edited)
@@thor9356 She shook her head. "No, you're right. I have to keep on going. It's just school, after all..." She didn't look completely sure or even convinced of her own words. "Say... Do you have classes to go? I don't want to be stopping you from attending your classes..." She looked around for a clock... Edited by Cosmic Star

@@Cosmic Star,

"I'm actually all finished with classes, I just hope i'm not taking up your time Cosmic." He said to the mare, but didn't want to inconvenience the pegasus any further. "Well, I can leave you alone if you want." The young colt said preparing his saddlebags and getting ready to head out.

(edited)

@@Yoshikupo, @@Unicorncob

Stormy smiled and bowed too the two standing before her,"Stormy Clouds in case you didn't hear." she said smiling,"And it's nice to meet both of you and I hope you like the book Dusk." she said before looking to Banner and frowning a bit and took the bag of food from her and placing it in her own bag,"I will take Chain the food for you if he's not use to going through the Everfree forest or this is his first time he's more likely to get into trouble than to not...I should know." she said and nudged at her half missing ear before hopping into the air and hovering there,"I'll send word once I've gotten Chain safely out of the forest so don't worry ok." she said smiling as she started to fly off.

Edited by LoCrois

@@LoCrois

@@Yoshikupo

Dusk nodded to Stormy, and watched as the two mares' exchange took place. As the pegasus began to take off, a split decision was made; this Chain pony must be powerful if he can arrange to set up businesses, which means he must have some nice valuables to have a look at. Plus, it couldn't do much harm to enter the Everfree Forest; he'd read about it before, but he's never explored it properly. Perhaps now was the time.

With that, he took off after Stormy and flew to her side.

"I hope you don't mind if I accompany you, I'd like to meet this 'Chain'."

@@Yoshikupo, @@Unicorncob

Stormy nodded and smiled,"Well I don't see why not but we need to be careful I'm use to going into the Everfree forest cause of different things I or other can't normally find from just everyday exploring." she said and pulled out her map of Equestria,"Ok so here we are in Baltimare....wow Chain must have just came here for something and back tracked or took the train past Pony Ville to make a stop some place else first and had planed the take a path to Everfree to get back to Pony Ville...but either way we can't really be sure so I guess we'll just fly following the train tracks till we see Rambling Rock Ridge then we can cut across to Everfree and see if we can either spot him of meet him there." she said trying to think of the quickest course of action.

Equestria Map

@@LoCrois

@@Yoshikupo

Dusk took a glance over to the map, muttering and nodding to himself.

"Perhaps, if a train is coming from Baltimare, we can hitch a ride on the roof," He suggested, his hoof gliding across the map as he explained his idea, "We can ride it through the mountain and depart into Ponyville itself. Then it's a simple matter of walking through town to the forest.

"It will save us a lot of time and energy, instead of flying through the canyon ourselves." He concluded, giving Stormy a cocky grin.