Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Bad Movies with Overblown reputations

TheAnimationFanatic

The Cat in the Hat: I know now that this movie has hardly any jokes that aren't an adult innuendo or hardly anything to do the original story, but since I was into Dr Seuss at the time so I kinda liked the movie.

Thunderbirds (2004): I honestly don't see why SO many people hate this movie. The designs of the machines are quite cool, the story was okay and I didn't even mind the cast. I didn't even mind that Gordon Tracy was meant to pilot Thunderbird 3 and Alan was meant to pilot Thunderbird 4. I mean it's not like they made Scott the father of the sons and made Jeff one of the sons.

The Transformers movies: Racism and human characters aside, the battles and the way the robots transform are AWESOME!

post-31321-0-73371900-1421593242_thumb.jpg

post-31321-0-95186000-1421593260_thumb.jpg

post-31321-0-89868000-1421593286_thumb.jpg

The first film that comes to my mind is the 2010 A Nightmare on Elm Street film. This remake has been laughed at by many horror fans. I can't say that I do think that it is a good film, but most of the issues with this movie are just minor things, the biggest problem is just that the actor for Freddy has been changed and it doesn't work. I personally don't think you should throw so much shit on a "meh" film just because it was not able to bring back the original actors. If you saw this film before the originals, you would probably not complain about the movie much at all.

Edited by Jokuc

The Star Wars Prequels...or at least episodes 1&3. Are they the best movies ever? Of course not. Do thy have their problems? Yup. Are they still enjoyable? Definitely.

• Brohoof 2

I'll second the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy.

Yes, they're soapy, fake-looking, have hilariously inept romantic dialogue, and poke all sorts of goofy holes in the mythology. But the acting isn't THAT bad, the non-romantic dialogue is serviceable to good, and the core story is actually quite strong. For better or worse, they're fully-formed directorial visions, with their creator's personality stamped all over them. I find them a million times more interesting than most of what Hollywood puts out these days.

Ditto on the Star Wars prequels, episode 3 had its moments especially. I mean watching the clones turning on the jedi during order 66 and Anakin and Obi-Wans duel were very memorable.

Edited by EternalNight

Atlantis The Lost Empire. It has about 50% on RT and Metacritic, but I think it's a good movie. Not great, but it has so much going for it! I think it's a shame we don't see any more dark, more adult-themed animated movies in the mainstream these days. I think some of that has to do with this movie, but I'm honestly baffled by the negative reaction to it. Funny enough, I remember seeing this in the theaters when I was 4. I remember that quite vividly. Don't remember 9/11 a few months later. Priorities of a child I guess :lol:

What are some movies that you think people over-exaggerate how bad they are? For me, it's Cars 2. Yes It's not a good movie, yes the jokes fall flat. But it's not painful to watch.

I thought Cars 2 was awful. The art was beautiful though.

The 3rd one should be.. just terrible.