Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching It's a Nice Day in Invermare(Casual SoL/Romance) [Sign-ups & OOC]

sunne

RP Link :Click here

It's a bright, cheerful Summer day in the town of Invermare, and the nearby Fairmount Hot Springs.
Ponies are trotting about, smiling and waving at anypony they pass. Flowers are blooming in gardens. Pegasi happily make their way through the sky, clearing any clouds that shouldn't be there. Just about everyone is content.
It's just a nice, peaceful day.

About Invermare:

Invermare is a fairly small town near the Equestrian border. It's got a surprisingly large population, but it is still rather peaceful. It's modern enough to have sidewalks on most streets, much like Manehattan, but it's still quite connected to nature and doesn't have any skyscrapers. There aren't too many schools. 

There is a fairly well-known hot springs resort not far from it, named Fairmount Hot Springs. It's got three large pools: A warm pool, a cool/cold pool, and a diving pool, with two diving boards; one extremely high and one is fairly low down. They have a quaint little gift shop. They also have a ski hill in winter. And of course, accommodations. 

(Invermare and Fairmount are loosely based on a town and hot springs resort that aren't far from my hometown, named Invermere and Fairmont)

Rules:
Basic forums and Roleplay World rules. No swearing, PG-13, etc. If you don't know them, go read.

Romance is allowed. So is implying that your OC  "had some fun" with another, but no further than implying. If you want to go into detail, do so over PM. Also, this must be agreed on by both RPers

This should be obvious: No godmodding and no Mary Sues/Gary Stus!

No over-dramatizing things, and nothing too serious. This is intended to be a lighthearted, fun, casual RP, not a tragic RP. I don't want to see ponies committing suicide, or getting into a small accident and breaking every single bone in their body. Some tenseness or seriousness is fine, but don't overdo it.

I want to see fairly normal ponies out there, not battle-ready powerhouses with two ak47s hidden under their belt. Sure, your pony can be an oddball, but again, nothing too... big.  Just as long as they can fit into a casual RP :3

Uh... Max 2 ponies per player, and preferably, one in Fairmount, and one in Invermare, but not necessary. Of course, you can always have a pony go from one to the other within a day. Only exceptions are GMs, and at the time of writing this... the only GM is myself. This is to help fill out space, and a way to make sure as many people are able to interact with other characters at a time. Also for me it's because I like playing several characters.

Setting:

This should be obvious. It's in Invermare, canon Equestria. This means an extra rule: no technology that  the Equestria in the show doesn't have. Meaning: no cars, no phones, no robots. xD
It's a few months after the time of Season 4's ending, so most ponies have all but forgotten about Tirek and the like. 

Characters:

Sweet Sunrise - @Mint Drop
Kisu - @Mint Drop
Muata -
Star Snare -
Imaia and Ahaban Steelwings -
Dogboots - @thor9356
Lektra Bolt - @bronislav84
Lorem Ipsum - @Filthy Cropper
Mezra Umbra - @Gloomfury
Icy Wind -
Aria -
Tilt - @Tilt
Lightning -
Imperial - @EldarSteve
Horsefly - @slimmyjimjim

Have fun! c:

P.S. Sowwy for all the rules. Most of it is just ensuring this doesn't get derailed, because I have seen RPs that have gotten derailed or ruined because of these things.  :adorkable: 
P.P.S. I'll be adding in my other characters later. Edited by Mint Drop
  • Brohoof 1

@,

bekr pls u no u lub et

:0 I'd been wondering when you were going to use her. While she's not exactly normal, she's still interesting, and I think she'd be an interesting addition to the RP :3
Accepted c: 
Where will she start? 

• Brohoof 1

@@thor9356
While he seems like a pony that would fit into some SoLs, I'm not so sure that he'll fit into this one. This is purely because his entire talent is computer related, and I've mentioned that this is in canonical Equestria. While there are glimpses of technology within the show, there's nothing advanced enough to warrant the kind of talent.
Sorry, but I can't accept Back Track  :( 
(I really am sorry. I hate telling someone their character isn't accepted :( )

@,

She seems like an interesting character :3
Accepted.
i'd like to see her reaction to Muata. xD 

• Brohoof 1

i'd like to see her reaction to Muata

@,  

^ That.

Changeling post-changeling invasion, but had nothing to do with it meets middle aged guard-pony affiliated with the conflict. This'll be good.

• Brohoof 1

Actually, robots could work. Hear me out a second.

While I expected a completely modern-day-like pony like Back Track wouldn't work for you, magic can replace technology. If you consider that magic spells can replace technology, a purely mechanical 'robot' with a complicated enough spell for the artificial intelligence part can work out. I'll understand if you don't want to involve even magic based advancements either, though.

I'm not sure if I'll have time for this even if you would take me. I just wanted to offer an alternative.

@,

I'm actually looking forward to see how Muata develops in this RP. 

You're telling me, mate. I've found it hard to give her character, but I'm hoping the more I RP with her, the more definitive I can make her persona.

Actually, robots could work. Hear me out a second.

While I expected a completely modern-day-like pony like Back Track wouldn't work for you, magic can replace technology. If you consider that magic spells can replace technology, a purely mechanical 'robot' with a complicated enough spell for the artificial intelligence part can work out. I'll understand if you don't want to involve even magic based advancements either, though.

I'm not sure if I'll have time for this even if you would take me. I just wanted to offer an alternative.

You do have a valid point there, one I didn't think of. Thanks for that. Magic-based advancements would probably be fine for this RP, depending on the advancement itself. Feel free to submit a character if you think you'd be able to participate c:

@

Oooh, I've never had a Saddle Arabian OC in any of my RPs before :3. Accepted!

You're welcome. What do you think of the way Lektra uses her specific talent with magic? Too advanced for this? She's in my signature.

I might have time depending on the activity level you require, and I like making friends IC or OOC and meeting people. I tend to meet cool people when I RP.

@@bronislav84
I'm wanting this to be a fairly leisurely RP, where nobody goes too fast. 

I skimmed over Lektra's page, and I absolutely love her :wub: 
I think she'd be a good addition to the RP c: if you think you can handle it, you're in.