Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mlp royalty manes

RainbowTashie

Anyone know why luna's mane was a pretty blue colour at the start of the series and then in luna eclipsed it starts being the glittery one we always see? also why do princess Celsetia's and Luna's mane randomly float in the air i don't think it adds anything besides princessyness :P and if that's normal after alicornification where is Twily's and Cadance's flowy mane! huh huh huh?

Princess Luna's magic was drained when she reverted to her normal state, and it over time grew back to normal. Princess Cadence and Twilight are alicorns, but their magic isn't as strong as the main 2 princesses. You see in the season 4 finale that Twilight's mane does flow when she receives the other alicorn magic, but it fades. I dunno why her mane faded back, but whatever. It looked badass nonetheless.

It may be because of magic concentration. Their magic becomes more and more concentrated as they get older, the reason Luna's mane was blueish when she came back from being Nightmare Moon was because transforming had taken a lot of magic. So once Twilight and Cadence are older their manes will be all flowy too.

Also, when They gave Twilight their magic their manes and tails stopped flowing. Also many fans point out that sometimes Celestia's tail "runs out of batteries" but maybe its because she happened to have used a lot of magic very recently 

• Brohoof 1

i think its beause they have a lot more magic than other pony's. It might make their hair the way it is. Because when they gave their magic to twilight their hair stoped flowing. :tAjTk7v:

I feel saddened that i didn't notice this,,,

Princess Luna's magic was drained when she reverted to her normal state, and it over time grew back to normal. Princess Cadence and Twilight are alicorns, but their magic isn't as strong as the main 2 princesses. You see in the season 4 finale that Twilight's mane does flow when she receives the other alicorn magic, but it fades. I dunno why her mane faded back, but whatever. It looked badass nonetheless.

Just to make that ep more epic than it already was :P

It may be because of magic concentration. Their magic becomes more and more concentrated as they get older, the reason Luna's mane was blueish when she came back from being Nightmare Moon was because transforming had taken a lot of magic. So once Twilight and Cadence are older their manes will be all flowy too.

Also, when They gave Twilight their magic their manes and tails stopped flowing. Also many fans point out that sometimes Celestia's tail "runs out of batteries" but maybe its because she happened to have used a lot of magic very recently 

That's really cool if this is true. It makes it a bit more meaningful than my mane goes swoosh 'yay' Twilight's flowy mane would be perdy :3 is it bad that this reminds me of pikachu's cheeks sparking when he has too much electricity stored in them :P

it doesn't explain the fact why Luna's mane was just blue before though.

Surely she would have less magic when she gave it all to Twilight then from the transformation from NMM.

I wonder if it flows while they sleep at night or maybe they use a spell to make it move?  I would think

maybe to fit the "image" of what the ponies might think a "Princess" is they might make their manes flow

a bit.

Yeah i agree with you, celestia and luna are older so they've more experaince in magic :)

I wonder if it flows while they sleep at night or maybe they use a spell to make it move?  I would think

maybe to fit the "image" of what the ponies might think a "Princess" is they might make their manes flow

a bit.

I think their manes flow slower when they sleep... IDK why but its just a thought

I think it still flows when they're asleep.

Not really a proof but: