Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Celestia's cousin, apparently, is an alicorn

ManaMinori

It's canon. The show staff and IDW staff have confirmed that what happens in the comics and pony books are canon until the show itself contradicts it, so I'm taking their word that its canon. Anyway, I'm surprised that I haven't seen anyone ( to my knowledge) talking about the adorable addition to the alicorn family- that being, Celestia (and Luna's, I'm assuming) cousin, Leon. Granted, he's only shown up in the French magazine, but hey- canon, still, says show staff. He looks exactly like Prince Blueblood, Luna and Celestia's nephew, by adoption, but he's an alicorn. The similarities in appearance to Blue make me want to think that Leon is either Blueblood's younger brother (or clone?) and just an ascended alicorn, at such a young age, or a born alicorn, and whatever bloodline he came from has someone in there with some crazy strong genes, to get their stallions coming out looking that identical to one another, in ages so far apart.

Leon_is_introduced_in_the_French_My_Litt

I tend to go along with the canon status of the comics and novels, but a magazine that a LARGE portion of the fanbase has no access to raises a giant red flag in my eye.

Needless to say, I am skeptical of how canon that actually is.

• Brohoof 5

It's canon. The show staff and IDW staff have confirmed

Source, please? :please:

I have to admit though.. I remember seeing this image back in like, 2012 and I don't remember seeing the staff saying it was canon.

Considering they changed his name there, I wouldn't put too much stock in it either. 

I'm pretty sure they change the ponie's names in different countries, to better suit the language there, though.

I'm pretty sure they change the ponie's names in different countries, to better suit the language there, though.

No it's Blueblood is his name in the French Dub. It is Vladimir in the magazine. 

Also, is Panini Kids a subsidiary of IDW?

I tend to go along with the canon status of the comics and novels, but a magazine that a LARGE portion of the fanbase has no access to raises a giant red flag in my eye.

Needless to say, I am skeptical of how canon that actually is.

does the fandom in other countries have access to things released in the U.S., though? And regardless of whether someone has access to it or not, doesn't invalidate the claims that the staff made, in my opinion, of official mlp stuff being canon until proven otherwise by the show itself.

does the fandom in other countries have access to things released in the U.S., though? And regardless of whether someone has access to it or not, doesn't invalidate the claims that the staff made, in my opinion, of official mlp stuff being canon until proven otherwise by the show itself.

The thing is though we have to be careful how we interpret such a statement. I know that the staff has said that the comics are canon, and I know that applies to novels and other books like the "Journal of the Two Sisters." Magazine side-stories don't have the same access that the the IDW comics have to the show staff.

It's not as easy to say that all non-fan printed material is canon, and unless someone else adds clarification to that, I personally can't and won't accept it.

No it's Blueblood is his name in the French Dub. It is Vladimir in the magazine. 

Also, is Panini Kids a subsidiary of IDW?

.....................well that's.......inconsistent. =_=

-raspberries-

Damn. I just don't feel like this confirmed appearance of an alicorn- male, no less, should mean nothing at all, if it's in an official magazine and closer to canon than what the fans, themselves do.

Rarity and Blueblood dancing together... without fighting?

Young Alicorn?

Hey, this might explain why Blueblood is such a jerk... (Even though we already HAVE a theory on that: He's faking it, he uses the jerk persona to get rid of golddiggers and other unwanted advances without causing a diplomatic incident.)

Still... Until an english translation hits the internet, I'm not buying it.

Maybe Leon is Princess Skyla's brother? And poor Twilight, must have been rough with their marriage ending. :(

so alicorn Cadance divorced Shining Armor and married Blueblood, thus, producing Leon?

well fudge. There goes my headcanon of Skyla X Leon >_>

• Brohoof 1

img-3470253-1-Leon_is_introduced_in_the_

Forget Leon, where's Applejack's hat? And why does it seem like Luna is almost never included in these things? Poor Luna. :(

so alicorn Cadance divorced Shining Armor and married Blueblood, thus, producing Leon?

well fudge. There goes my headcanon of Skyla X Leon >_>

This is turning into Game of Thrones.

The show staff and IDW staff have confirmed that what happens in the comics and pony books are canon until the show itself contradicts it,

So according to a little book that's very hard to get, Cadance was a pegasus once? Nightmare Rarity happened, too?

And Twilight's mom was the author of Daring Do...

img-3484958-1-xx1cCE1.png

...until "Daring Don't" happened?

This is so lazy of them, that i still deny this decision. :pout:

I mean, let the comics and stuff be canon or not, but don't let it switch around.

Edited by Gary S.

• 2 months later...

Hi, guys.

I learned not too long ago about Léon. Who is Léon, you might ask? Well, the official French MLP magazine apparently had a story that showed us yet another relative of Princess Celestia's! I'm kind of interested in MLP's royalty, so I want to know as much as I can about this guy (though there's probably not much to know).

Problem is, I've only been able to find a single image of the story. I've found this same pic in a couple different places (Equestria Daily, the MLP Wiki) and I want more context, more info. We can see two "panels" in the pic, but I figure there's more between the two that isn't included in the pic.

So if anyone could provide a more complete picture of Léon's part in the story, or at least more info, that'd be great. As it stands, for all I know the story could end up revealing that it was just Prince Blueblood under an age spell and there is no Léon.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, I consider expanded universe canon, personally - and just one more alicorn existing isn't necessarily so bad, is it?

I think at this point they are incredibly protective of alicorns and their existence. Princess amore was a Unicorn after all, and given all that she did for the crystal empire, I really think the only reason they wouldn't have her be an alicorn is because they have very, very specific designs on alicorns place in the universe. Heck, it was even mentioned in one of the e-mails between sony and hasbro about making the 2017 movies about how important the backstory for alicorns is in their universe.

I don't think any alicorns would be greenlit as canon unless the crew for the show explicitly has an idea and purpose for them. (like I don't think Skyla will ever be made canon either unless the Crew comes up with a purpose for her)

Unless that was an actual story backed by Hasbro I doubt the Leon bit is canon at all; considering that, IIRC, was from a French source that had Rarity and Blueblood dancing together.

@ Unlikeable Pony

One could also argue that Princess Amore was a unicorn to show that not all princesses have to be alicorns - Or that her being an alicorn would force them to explain the vague talk of other alicorns elsewhere in the journal.

I didn't quite read your line on the 2017 movie, I'll admit, as I was worried about spoilers for it.

@ PathfinderCS

Hmm, what do you mean by "backed by Hasbro"? It's an official magazine, isn't it? As for the matter of Blueblood... That could work depending on how you interpret his appearances in Sweet and Elite.

Edited by Knight Dash

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Last night I finished up the fanfic "The Best Night Ever" and read a few chapters of the sequel, "This Platinum Crown". I already liked how TBNE followed the Word of Faust on Blueblood -

but it looks like in This Platinum Crown, the author of the fic not only reveals Blueblood's name as "Vladimir", but Leon gets mentioned in passing. :D

Maybe Leon is Princess Skyla's brother? And poor Twilight, must have been rough with their marriage ending. :(

The marriage thing was in a fanmade spoof of the magazine stories. The actual magazine stories aren't anywhere near as ridiculous.

The marriage thing was in a fanmade spoof of the magazine stories. The actual magazine stories aren't anywhere near as ridiculous.

That was a joke of course. I was in no way being serious when I said that. :P