Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

One ring to suspend them all :/

Buck Testa

The wide spread use and utter stupidity of zero tolerance policies continue to amaze me.  Nothing quite combines cruelty and stupidity the way zero tolerance policies do.

Yes.  Humans evolved to have the largest brains on Earth so that we could use them, not to create bullsh*t policies that enable people to avoid using them.  Each case if different.  People need to think.  Zero tolerance doesn't work.  Airport security is no different.  I have a friend who was caught with a tiny pocket knife.  He's an Eagle Scout, like me, and he took the same bag to the airport that he had taken camping.  He didn't empty it thoroughly enough, obviously.  So he made one little slip up.  He was arrested, cuffed, hauled away, the whole sha-bang.  He had to go to court.  Ended up paying a hefty fine, I believe.  Couldn't they have just confiscated the knife and been done with it right then and there?  It was a cheap, crappy knife, anyway.  That would have been fine.  Just take the knife, and send him on his way.  F*cking insanity.

• Brohoof 1

Well. I gotta say the teachers need to go back to college. But I don't live in that country so I'm not one to judge the state. However I find suspending a kid for 'the one ring to rule them all' prank, honestly they need need to re-learn how to be teachers, it's not like he's going to try to take over the world, then they have to find a hobbit named Fiddo to desroy the ring again.

Relevant story; a few years back there was a senior at my school that drove to school the day after celebrating her birthday the night before and left her car in the student lot with the windows down. She had accidentally left the knife she used to cut the cake in the backseat of her car and some parent walking through the parking lot saw the knife and reported it to the administrators. They suspended her and kept her from graduating with the rest of her class, she was valedictorian.

Edited by HunterTSN

• 1 month later...

Wow, that's just... No. I heard some kid got suspended or expelled because his/her friend was holding a knife and we're going to hurt/kill themself and the kid tried to get rid of it. They said he should've told the teacher, but there wasn't enough time

I cannot say I am too surprised when these types of things happen anymore. I am actually waiting for a kid to be expelled entirely for trying to caste a spell from Harry Potter on another kid. That's the real threat here, wizard spells.

Oh, Texas. It's like a tiny 'Murica inside the actual 'Murica.

Gotta love that lil' big state.

When my dad retired, my folks moved to Texas.  My youngest sister was still in school.  She's having trouble in class, my mother goes to the school & asks the science teacher "What can I do?"  Teacher tells her "Well, it is clearly God's will your daughter should flunk.  Try going to church on Sunday & praying"

She also said one of her teachers was throwing out her homework & giving her a hard time for not doing it (IIRC, it was the English teacher who publicly humiliated her every day for having a Yankee accent)

Principal wouldn't believe it.  My mother wound up taking pictures of her homework & dropping them off at the principal's office + having my sister tape the teacher.  Principal still wouldn't do anything (teacher had tenure).  Mom eventually had to hire a lawyer & threaten a class action law suit to get my sister transferred.  Guess who ended up home schooled?

My sister's IQ (measured by tests) dropped 20 points after 1 year in a Texas school.  Don't get me started on Texas.  What freaks me out is that Texas schools weren't rated the worst in the nation -either Louisiana or Arkansas was worse (ICR which) 

Y'all are a bunch of sissies to get so worked up over this, it does not, will probably not, and possible can't even affect any of y'all in any way.

It was illogical, and probably not handled correctly, but what will you do? Hop in your time machine and kidnap the kid before he makes threats? Really y'all, put on your thinking caps. Its trivial, and will happen again in a month somewhere else for some other dumb reason.