Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What scene peeves you the most?

Pip_Gobbler

So for me, it's the scene where Twilight ordered 12 cupcakes, but instead gets 13 from Mrs. Cake. Instead of just, you know, eating it herself or something, she gets paranoid that if she gives someone an extra cupcake that they'll think she's playing favourites.

So instead of doing the logical thing and eating it, she messes up 13 perfectly good cupcakes by removing almost all of the frosting!!! I was like noooooooo xD

BUT then of course afterwards there is (some) redemption because we see that the frosting hasn't gone to waste and Spike pulls a tazmanian devil and noms it all up...which spawns one of my favourite Twiquotes "Very efficient!....and a little bit gross" lol

What if anything bothered you guys?  :muffins:

PS now thinking back, I also don't like the episode where Fluttershy sings with the ponytones and Pinkipie goes way out of character, constantly making fun of her, I thought that was super weird.

• Brohoof 7

Pretty much any scene that involves an awkward situation where a character or group embarrasses themselves, or where they are found out to be liars. Two words: "Twilight Time."

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

What scene peeves me the most? Damn, I can't even pick one....

There's this: 

https://youtu.be/nDyK6AJ-r1k

And there's this: 

And, of course, there's this: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwZ4suij8oM

I hate them all just so much. Don't really think I can pick just one.  :huh:

I agree with when they became breezies that I didn't really like, but what's not to like about Twilight kicking some flank?! I loved that scene lol

There's a LOT in Season 4 I could go over, but nothing beats the season premiere's complete destruction of Celestia and Luna's characters with the Nightmare Mood flashback.

Agreed....I love how at the start of episode one she reads the book that clearly explains they're sisters....then at the end of episode two she gasps with everypony else saying "SISTER?!" ummm you already knew that Twilight! xD they need to fix that part lol.

Edited by Luna's_gonna_loon
  • Brohoof 2

I can't find the clip but I never liked watching the scene where everyone abandons Twilight in A Canterlot Wedding. It seemed so unfair and I felt so bad for her ;-;

I hate them all just so much. Don't really think I can pick just one. :huh:

Strange that you're a fan of the show while absolutely despising a number of scenes :wacko:

• Brohoof 2

The Twi vs. Tirek fight. Twilight isn't the kind of character to have a magical pissing contest. She'd never match brawn for brawn, but instead of seeing Twilight try to outsmart Tirek, we got some ridiculous Avatar/DBZ nonsense.

• Brohoof 3

Any scene where Spike is hit with the Idiot Ball for the sake of plot or comedy or is being comically abused.

Also, any scene which plays character flaws or conflicts for comedy rather than commentary, or definitively Flanderizes a character. Most of the worst episodes in Season 4 were guilty of all or most of these.

Edited by Wind Chaser
  • Brohoof 6

Strange that you're a fan of the show while absolutely despising a number of scenes :wacko:

You can be a brony and still despise quite a few scenes. I know I do.

Speaking of which, one scene that really pisses me off is when Celestia assigned Twilight to protect the Crystal Empire. Part of Celestia's purpose for this "test" is to check if Twilight's capable of being a leader. Lives aren't supposed to be treated as a means to an end!

• Brohoof 8

what's not to like about Twilight kicking some flank?!

There's a lot to not like about it when it comes at the expense of the mane five, who are reduced to helpless damsels in distress while Twilight gets a power upgrade. There's also a lot to not like about it when I see a character who has always been known for her rationality actively attempting to kill out of vengeful bloodlust. 

Strange that you're a fan of the show while absolutely despising a number of scenes

Only scenes that serve as perfect examples as to why I absolutely detest who Twilight has become since her ascension. 

• Brohoof 4

- Most of the times the characters sing

- All of "Pinkie Pride"

- Spike obsessing over Rarity

Mercy mercy mercy, it is nice to know I'm not the only one who found that episode insufferably obnoxious. Perhaps it's the fact that I am not a particularly big fan of Weird Al (or at the very least, can only tolerate him in small, small dosages) but with the exception of one of the songs, I just could not stomach that episode.

As for me personally?:

Way to go, Fluttershy. Way to go.  >_>

• Brohoof 2

Spike being a blunderer that unknowingly made a complete and total mess of Applejack's kitchen, when he cooks for Twilight pretty much every day. They don't show it often, but it's one of his jobs as # 1 assistant. Remember in "Twilight Time" when Twilight mentions that Spike was making his Famous Nachos?  That implies everypony knows how good they are! He also was going to bake himself a jewel cake. He also made punch and baked cookies for the big stargazing event in "Owls well that ends well".

• Brohoof 5

Agreed....I love how at the start of episode one she reads the book that clearly explains they're sisters....then at the end of episode two she gasps with everypony else saying "SISTER?!" ummm you already knew that Twilight! xD they need to fix that part lol.

Uh, you know I'm talking about this, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6uYOOMfGGQ

Mercy mercy mercy, it is nice to know I'm not the only one who found that episode insufferably obnoxious.

Hear hear, Pinkie has been absolutely horrible since season 3 started, but that one in particular just takes absolutely everything good about her and says "Yeah but wouldn't it be more dramatic if she were a terrible person instead?"

• Brohoof 2

PS now thinking back, I also don't like the episode where Fluttershy sings with the ponytones and Pinkipie goes way out of character, constantly making fun of her, I thought that was super weird.

THIS ONE MILLION TIMES THIS.

• Brohoof 1

Moments I hate and reasons I hate them.)

Rarity while she was in Cloudsdale (She was out of character to the point where I hated her during that.)

When Fluttershy made Rarity and Pinkie cry. (Fluttershy had no reason to treat her friends that way. So much for element of kindness. Discord, Iron Hoof was better than you.)

Pinkie Pie in Filly Vanilli (Same as Rarity's Cloudsdale scene)

When Rarity was planning on stealing gems in Dragon Shy. (Element of Generosity????)

• Brohoof 7

When Rarity was planning on stealing gems in Dragon Shy. (Element of Generosity????)

Does it count as stealing if it's from a big mean scary fire breathing dragon? It's not like she was going to rob *gasp* a PONY!

(tongue firmly in cheek)

• Brohoof 2

Does it count as stealing if it's from a big mean scary fire breathing dragon? It's not like she was going to rob *gasp* a PONY!

(tongue firmly in cheek)

Stealing is stealing in my opinion. 

• Brohoof 4