Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is the OLDEST video game console you've played/owned?

Mrain901

The oldest game system I've owned and played was sega genesis.  Next is the PS1 then ps2 and gamecube then xbox360 then ps3. Last one I got was a wii though I don't really play it.

Edited by Simcity11100

...well, as I was a kid way back at the birth of the consoles, I've played them all, and owned most of them. the first thing that might qualify as a console was the old "pong" box that the family got for Christmas when I was maybe 5 or 6...

...dag, we've come a long way...

As I child, I wasted time on my grand da's Atari 2600.

1024px-Atari2600a.JPG

The first one I owned, though, was a SEGA Genesis Model 2.

Sega-Genesis-Mod2-Set.jpg

I never owned an NES, but my friends would come over, back in the days of "slumber parties", and we would swap between my SEGA and their NES when we got bored with whichever one we were on. Good times...

The oldest console I've owned and legitimately played is the NES, though I do have the Atari Flashback 2, which is a plug-and-play reissuing of the Atari 2600, even the controllers are compatible with both systems and you can install a cartridge port to the Flashback and play 2600 games on it, assuming you have one to begin with, but I don't think that counts since it came out around '05 ish. 

• Brohoof 1

I haven't used them, but my dad owns a Commodore 64 (1982)

Oh man, my best friend growing up had a Commodore 64. It had a mountain climbing game that we used to love.

I miss that thing and its huge floppy disks.

Oh man, my best friend growing up had a Commodore 64. It had a mountain climbing game that we used to love.

I miss that thing and its huge floppy disks.

I'm not very nostalgic for the Commodore 64, but I strangely have nostalgia for the NES and SNES because my dad and I got an NES/SNES clone 8-10 years ago, even though I grew up in the sixth-generation era of video games (Gamecube, original Xbox, Playstation 2.) smile.png

I have an old NES that doesn't really work anymore. It's a nice little antique, though, and I like to show it off to my friends. I also have a SNES and N64, as well as a makeshift SEGA Genesis.

(edited)

My uncle used to play video games in the 90s and let me have his still-working Sega Megadrive with a Sonic 2 cartridge when I first got into video games. It crashes whenever I play it now, but I appreciate it.

Edited by RandomInternetDude

My great uncle (he's about 92) owns a DOS computer which was a gift given to him by my dad in the 80s, and the only two games he has on it is Solitaire and Tetris, so when I ever go to his house which is in a very rural part of Australia with all the koalas and stuff I play Tetris.

I was once the proud owner of a working Magnavox Oddessy but I got an offer on it I couldn't refuse (college is expensive) so I sold it so I could pay for books. So now the oldest system I own now is an N64.