Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you think MLPFIM universe would translate to Earth?

Luna the Great of all the Russias

What do you think Earth would look like politically, ethnically, etc. if it were based on the MLPFIM universe?

For me, I imagine it would look something like this (to be update as we know more about MLPFIM universe).

mlp_fim_earth__present_by_115predator-d8

The borders of Equestria, I imagine, would originally be roughly that of the Roman Empire and over centuries would have expanded east to the Ural Mountains, north to Scandinavia and west colonizing at least North America which would have involved annexing much of the territories originally belonging to that of the Buffalos. I'm unsure whether Equestria would have done colonization of Siberia. Equestria would primary consist of ethnic ponies.

I imagine the Crystal Empire from the show to more or less be a city-state located in Norway in the present time, but in the past as a Scandinavian empire (light pink representing former territory annexed by Equestria). I thought it made sense for the Crystal Empire to be Scandinavian because it has been said in the show that it was located in the Frozen North; the capital of Norway, Oslo, is relatively close to a mountain range. I thought of the possibility of the Crystal Empire being of Russian origin, but that would mean that the Empire would have had to have been located near the Ural Mountains which is the transition point from Europe to Asia.

The territory of Saddle Arabia I imagine would include that of the Middle East and North Africa and consisting primarily of ethnic Horses. This is somewhat based off of the territories of past Islamic Empires such as the Abbasid Caliphate and Ottoman Empire.

The territory in Central Asia I imagine would be the home of the Changelings or [former] Changeling Empire. I thought it would make sense for them to be of that origin on Earth because of their horde characteristics; this is how the Mongols were described in history. So their territory would roughly be that of the Mongolian Empire; whether it would be united or divided in the show is unknown.

Territory of the Zebras are present in south-eastern Africa which is based on the locations zebras live/have lived in.

The territory of the Buffalos was chosen based on their actual living location (at least what it used to be) in North America. From the conflicts between ponies and Buffalos, some their territories would have already been annexed by Equestria (territorial loss represented by light brown).

The Dragon territories are spread throughout the world mostly in volcanic regions. Because of vast geographical separation, I imagine the ethnicities of dragons to vary.

Aspects not covered as of yet:

-Origin of Griffins

-Origin of Centaurs

-Origin of Minotaurs

-Origin of Sea Serpents

-Origin of Mules (or possibly no origin due to horse/pony and donkey hybrid)

-Origin of Donkeys

-Origin of Goats (are they sentient..?)

-East and South Asia

-West and Central Africa

-South America

-Oceania

Thoughts? Agree or disagree?

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna
  • Brohoof 2

I agree with alot of your points, but this is how I think Earth based on the MLPFIM universe would be like based on the races' cultures:

• I always kind of got a European (Spain, France, Germany, that general area) vibe from Equestria, based on the arcitecture we've seen. Maybe the Apple family migrated overseas from America?
  • The Buffalo are kind of obvious, although the specific tribe we saw in show would no doubt be from the Arizona/New Mexico/ West Texas region, taking Appleloosa into account. Maybe thats where the Apples originated!
  • Zebras I can see being South African like you said, but with some descendants of sorts being the Carribean area if taking into account the whole slavery ordeal 1000 or so years ago that brought Africans to the west hemisphere.
  • Im not sure about the Crystal Empire since we've only seen a tiny scrap of it's culture and lore. I suppose Scandinavia would work since it's in the far North, Maybe Greenland or Iceland if we follow that logic.
  • Like the Buffalo, Saddle Arabia is kind of obvious taking the name (which is a pun of an actual Middle Eastern country) and the apperance of the delegates we've seen into account
  • Like with the Crystal Empire, the offical Changeling Empire was never brought into detail since it , according to the comics, was bearly established right after the Royal Wedding. I do agree with them being a sort of present-day Mongolian Empire of sorts though
  • The location of the Dragons are sort of world wide as a whole rather than being in the more hot, volcanic regions due to the vast number of breeds
  • Mules, Donkeys and Goats would mostly be in Europe alongside the Equestrians and in North American with the Buffalo.
  • Sea Serpents I feel would be in the Pacific Ocean with certain breeds living in the seas of the Northern Hemisphere. Like the dragons, Sea Serpents are a universal species, just in the water.
  • I'm not really too sure about the Griffins, Centaurs, and Minotaurs since we know little to nothing about them in the show.

These are all my thoughts atleast, though I do agree with alot of your points! I'm not trying to prove you wrong or anything but I hope my points can add some details to yours :squee:

Edited by MalusNight
  • Brohoof 1

What do you think Earth would look like politically, ethnically, etc. if it were based on the MLPFIM universe?

For me, I imagine it would look something like this.

img-3657550-1-T0UQgMw.png

The borders of Equestria, I imagine, would originally be roughly that of the Roman Empire and over centuries would have expanded east to the Ural Mountains, north to Scandinavia and west colonizing at least North America which would have involved annexing much of the territories originally belonging to that of the Buffalos. I'm unsure whether Equestria would have done colonization of Siberia. Equestria would primary consist of ethnic ponies.

I imagine the Crystal Empire from the show to more or less be a city-state located in Norway in the present time, but in the past as a Scandinavian empire (light pink representing former territory annexed by Equestria). I thought it made sense for the Crystal Empire to be Scandinavian because it has been said in the show that it was located in the Frozen North; the capital of Norway, Oslo, is relatively close to a mountain range. I thought of the possibility of the Crystal Empire being of Russian origin, but that would mean that the Empire would have had to have been located near the Ural Mountains which is the transition point from Europe to Asia.

The territory of Saddle Arabia I imagine would include that of the Middle East and North Africa and consisting primarily of ethnic Horses. This is somewhat based off of the territories of past Islamic Empires such as the Abbasid Caliphate and Ottoman Empire.

The territory in Central Asia I imagine would be the home of the Changelings or [former] Changeling Empire. I thought it would make sense for them to be of that origin on Earth because of their horde characteristics; this is how the Mongols were described in history. So their territory would roughly be that of the Mongolian Empire; whether it would be united or divided in the show is unknown.

Territory of the Zebras are present in south-eastern Africa which is based on the locations zebras live/have lived in.

The territory of the Buffalos was chosen based on their actual living location (at least what it used to be) in North America. From the conflicts between ponies and Buffalos, some their territories would have already been annexed by Equestria (territorial loss represented by light brown).

The Dragon territories are spread throughout the world mostly in volcanic regions. Because of vast geographical separation, I imagine the ethnicities of dragons to vary.

Aspects not covered as of yet:

-Origin of Griffins

-Origin of Centaurs

-Origin of Minotaurs

-Origin of Sea Serpents

-Origin of Mules (or possibly no origin due to horse/pony and donkey hybrid)

-Origin of Donkeys

-Origin of Goats (are they sentient..?)

-East and South Asia

-West and Central Africa

-South America

-Oceania

Thoughts? Agree or disagree?

Eh i think its close enough i feel as though the changlings would we slightly more south though

I always pictured Equestria being the collective entirety of the United States, Canada, Mexico, and the Central American countries. I pictured the Griffons living in an area that would be similar to France / Germany.

Equestria is more or less in the United States. I mean if Manehattan and Fillydelphia don't give it away, then the apples should, as the three largest exporter of apples are the US, China and Poland.