Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you destroy the universe?

Clarity

What does this red button do...?  

59 users have voted

1. 1. Would you destroy the universe if everyone would be forever condemned in limbo?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you destroy the universe if there's a heaven or an afterlife?

• Yes
    • No
    • Fries taste good
  3. 3. DO NOT PRESS THE RED BUTTON

• *presses it*
    • BURN IT WITH FIRE!!!

BigRedButton.jpg

Whatever you do... DO NOT push the red button.

Say that you have that choice, though... and you know what it does. What does it do? It blows up the universe and kills everything in it, including you. Would you blow it up? Will you... press the red button?!

big-red-button.gif

Edited by Clarity
  • Brohoof 1

I wouldn't destroy the universe if everyone who died was forever trapped in limbo. However, I would destroy the universe if there was a heaven or an afterlife. As for the red button, destroy it with fire!

tumblr_mlxhuzNtBd1ra0p7xo2_400.gif

I would pause for a moment in silent contemplation. In my mind, I'd play out all the pros and cons of allowing existence.

Giving that I honestly change from loving the beauty of our world, to being a nihilistic fatalist who sees life as a cruel joke, what I do in that moment would depend on my mood.

• Brohoof 2

Okay, if the button actually did somehow destroy the universe, there's nothing I could do. The police and government would laugh at me (and rightly so), I couldn't dismantle it myself because I have no idea how the universe's self destruct function works, and leaving it there would lead to inevitably someone stumbling upon it and pushing it out of sheer curiosity.

The only logical thing to do is to press the button. Sure the universe is screwed, but at least you did it knowing full well of the consequences.

Edited by Celtore

Hell yes I would.

I don't want to condemn other species, but if it means the destruction of humanity as a whole, then I would, no hesitations.

As much as I want to like and appreciate our species, I can't. :lol:

• Brohoof 4

Yes I would, doesn't matter if there is an afterlife or some limbo whatever.. It's a red button I have to push it. Besides, the world will be destroyed one day anyway the sun will expand and destroy it but that's not until a couple of million years. So yes, I would destroy the universe.

......... I can't even joke about it.

No, I would not push the red button.

The very idea of the entire universe being destroyed at the push of a single button is a really depressing thought and the idea of pushing it, and thus denying our very physical existence a chance to grow and develop even further, is a cruel and unfair thought.

I know I shouldn't be taking this seriously, but someone around here has to.

• 6 years later...