Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Help Wanted on long term animation project! (All Talents)

Event HoriXZ0n

(edited)

CHECK THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST FOR UPDATES

A small group of content creators got together over a joke on Skype and have decided to make an animation project.

Though not just any animation project: this is practically our own spin off show! We have characters and story lines that are meant to be watched just a like a television show. Sadly, our group is small, but lucky for you (and us) your talent can help us bring this along! Details about the contents of the show will be lacking in this post (we don't have a title yet), so don't expect story or characters or anything. This is just info about joining.

So with that said:

Yes we have spots available in all positions and need as much help as we can get for this current time.

But before we get into the specifics of that, let's get to the requirements first:

1. You need to be at least 16 years of age or older.

Don't want to have any problems with parents or school issues. I know the majority of the users on this site don't really have to worry about this requirement, but it's here just in case this is shared or referenced elsewhere in which that isn't as much as the case.

2. Follow up on #1, if you are under 18 you need to have your parents permission.

Again don't want any issues regarding this. We're not going to call up your house and make sure you do, but if something happens regarding this, we cannot and will not take responsibility.

3. Need to have an open[ish]/flexible schedule.

Everyone has their own lives to live, but a project like this requires presence when it's needed and consistently to show up. This is just another way of saying we need commitment. However, there is the other side in which we don't demand you be at our beck and call. It is a fairly loose schedule and flexibility on our part is a given.

4. Did I mention you need to be committed?

That should have been fairly obvious by now.

5. You need to be GOOD at what you do.

We are going to try our best to be inclusive, but we need professionalism from your field. This means using software that can produce professional quality work; using GarageBand and Inkscape might be good for your work, but perhaps not really appropriate for this level.

Also having an intermediate understanding of the software and being able to use it properly and effectively is also essential.

6. You as a person have to leave your issues somewhere else when it comes to doing work especially with other people.

This is why the age limit was essential, but that's not the only case either. If you are a classified sociopath but qualify for all the above, maybe it might not be a good idea to apply. Although that's an extreme example, (kind of) it shouldn't be surprising that working with unpleasant people can be distracting and even counterproductive. If you honestly have a hard time working with others, please pass, the stress on a project like this can be great enough at times even with delightful people.

Now that that's out of the way, we can get to the fun part.

Positions are open for:

- Artists:

being able to copy other styles including the FiM style. Understanding ponies as moving beings and not just one sided 2D shapes.

- Animators:

same as artists for programs like Adobe Flash (frame by frame), or for programs like After Effects, you have to MAKE IT LOOK LIKE A SCENE. You don't have to have this knowledge when you apply, but you have to be willing to learn how it's done.

- Music Makers

For the love of Celestia, I cannot use you if you are a brony that plays an instrument. That's great for you, but there's nothing we can do with it, even if you recorded it with a microphone.

Looking for people that can be adaptable in music style, able to produce full tracks, or able to keep a background tone.

Also no metal. There's nothing wrong with it, but the at least a solid half of the fandom music is rock of some sort or straight out metal. That's not also appropriate for this.

- Editors of all kind

Video editing, audio editing, script editing, scene editing.

- Writers

I probably should have mentioned this is a comedy thing. If you have a good understanding of how comedy works, then you're good.

However if you also have a good understanding of how storytelling works, which means avoiding rookie mistakes and just bad writing, then there's room for that as well of course.

- Voice Actors

ACTING; good microphone; long term commitment.

- Managers

If you feel like you have no creative talent but want to help organize folders, records, be the one to send emails and other [remedial] work like what I'm doing right now (oh did I say that out loud?), then you can apply as well. The application is a bit different for you guys though.

Now that that's out of the way, here are a few details about the project:

- It's non paying (but the experience is invaluable!), unless I come across like a lot of money in which yeah it would totally be a paying job [i'm working on it]. It's for fun!

- Skype will be our main method of communication other than emails.

Get a Skype account. They're free.

- For members in other countries outside the USA

If you can't make the initial meetings, it's okay we have secondary meetings for other time zones so you don't have to be up at 4 in the morning so the Americans can have it easy in the chat room while you're fighting to keep your eyes open.

- There IS a discipline system

I don't feel like getting into it now but come on.

- It's a thing

To summarize: be a good artist, a decent human being and this'll be fun!

For questions... for QUESTIONS, email: celestialtremolo@gmail.com

If you want to talk to me in more detail to get a better sense of things I may have not covered for you, you can contact my Skype:

hoofgang-ac

APPLICATIONS ARE NOT BEING ACCEPTED AS OF JUNE 20, 2015. If you still want to be a part of the project, contact me directly.

UPDATES:

May 18, 2015 - So the first round of applications are going to be evaluated and responses will be emailed on Monday, May 25. The first applicant Skype meeting will be on that Friday, May 29 at 8:00 pm EST.

If you can't make this one don't worry, they'll be another round of evaluations and a meeting to follow. Just make sure you have your Skype accounts ready and your schedule clear (these meetings will usually take place on a Friday about 8 pm EST)

May 27, 2015 - Applicant meeting has been moved to Thursday, June 4.

June 20, 2015 - Applications for now are closed.

Edited by Event_Horizon
  • Brohoof 2

If anyone checks back here,you might have noticed that the form didn't have a place to enter your email address. This was an error on the fact that when the form was being made, it didn't save the last box. If you applied and noticed it didn't ask for your email address, please email celestialtremolo@gmail with which position you were applying for.

I'm gonna say that if we get enough 15 year olds that we're going to have to lower the age.

Go ahead and apply, make sure you don't say you're sixteen on the application so I know it's you (the submission won't reject)

I just submitted a voice actor application. I am really new to Voice Acting (just did my first recording 3 weeks ago, and MLP voices last monday) and haven't received much feedback.

The links are in my Signature; any feedback is appreciated.

I just submitted a voice actor application. I am really new to Voice Acting (just did my first recording 3 weeks ago, and MLP voices last monday) and haven't received much feedback.

The links are in my Signature; any feedback is appreciated.

I have to say that your Discord is pretty damn impressive! :D

• Brohoof 1

You probably don't need song lyric writers or singers, do you...though there are links in my signature if you want to hear me out...I haven't had much time to enhance my work...but as you said, the experience would be invaluable to me. 

@Detirotbrony tbh this project was started as an excuse to animate our OCs... a cameo is fine XD just send me an email at celestialtremolo@gmail.com with a few pictures

@Pixie Doodle it's slice of life comedy but it's outrageous like Friendship is Witchcraft. Long term in this case means anything from a few months to a year or two. You don't have to be constantly present if you want to join (though if you want to join now then you need to be here consistently for at least the first episode); it's a loose schedule because we know everyone has their own life to live.

@AppleCore can't wait to review it! I'll email you back when I do so.

@HumbleHymn actually we're going to have original songs (there's one in the very first episode) so song writing is great (you can come as a music maker) as well as singing.

If you don't have a lot of time, I suggest you don't apply right away because the pressure to produce the pilot episode is pretty strong right now. Although none of the other positions are as demanding as the artists so it depends.

I haven't checked yet but if you're all interested in applying go ahead and fill out an application. Do make sure you have a Skype account because before you're admitted we're going to have a Skype meeting.

I think I'm going to need some of you to edit.

Also we don't have enough artists. I wasn't expecting any animators but we do actually need more artists because the workload for the 2 we have is impossible

I hate to double post but this one serves only as an alert to an update made at the bottom of the OP.

Be sure to check the bottom a few times before your response gets in

(edited)

I can do some music on top of my voice acting role. See my channel for my music stuff. This is one I composed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXdufPMDVMk

Although I make 8-Bit stuff, I have the same amount of skill making the same type of things for piano (recording through a MIDI cable from my keyboard, through a VST so it sounds like a piano right onto the score), like the backing track to this:

Edited by Bronyance

(edited)

I would love to, but my schedule would have to be on the UK time (even though I'm American, I work nights, so I'm at work by 8PM). I am a committed individual, so if you're going to do a secondary time for skype meetings in the AM (US time), I'd love to join. Or Wednesdays and Thursdays any time. I'm perfectly fine with the rest of the rules and regulations... And would love to take part of this project... I just can't make 8PM on Friday-Tuesday

Nevermind, the application form had a scheduling part. Filled it out for Voice Acting, and hope to be of help with this project. It didn't ask for a Skype, which I do have. It's the same as here: DoctorMcCrimmon If you need it.

Just one question... Do you want me to fill out another sheet for each topic? I mentioned in the comments thing that I also am willing and able to help with editing, managing, and writing, but I'm not sure if you want me to fill out a new one for each or just leave it.

I think I'm going to need some of you to edit.

Also we don't have enough artists. I wasn't expecting any animators but we do actually need more artists because the workload for the 2 we have is impossible
I hate to double post but this one serves only as an alert to an update made at the bottom of the OP.

Be sure to check the bottom a few times before your response gets in

I can edit written stuff, and do simple clean up and such for audio, but I can't mix or edit with any confidence (Haven't had any practice, and I would hate to say I can do something unless I know I can). I can draw a fair bit, but not on my computer, all my work is pencil and paper. I figured you wanted digital artists, or I would have added that. 

Edited by DoctorMcCrimmon

@drmccrimmon

Uh well I only made it all you can choose one because a secondary is more or less going to have to be assigned. As you can see, there is no one signing up to be an editor or a writer

Although since you mentioned it in the comments (I'm probably going to have to add another box) it will definitely be taken into consideration

Don't worry about the stuff you can't handle, also, we'll pretty much get it figured out.

For celestia's sake please include emails in the application! Can't get in touch with several applicants cause they didnt leave an email >.<