Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your long-term career goals?

Vinyl Scratch.

1 minute ago, Props ValRoa said:

That sounds pretty interesting. Hopefully you make a lot of money doing so.

Thank you! I wish you the best of luck in your endeavours. If you have any questions regarding the welding industry don't hesitate to ask me. I'd love to help any way i can. :kirin:

• Brohoof 1

Moments ago, Missy Rascal said:

Thank you! I wish you the best of luck in your endeavours. If you have any questions regarding the welding industry don't hesitate to ask me. I'd love to help any way i can. :kirin:

How would one start pursuing such a thing? How did you get into it?

• Brohoof 1

Moments ago, Props ValRoa said:

How would one start pursuing such a thing? How did you get into it?

I can DM you if you like, so we aren't clogging anything here. :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

Currently managing accounts and consulting in client services, but after the next few months, I'm slowing trying to shift into IT. Going to take my time daily to study for IT certs and go from there. Maybe one day be a network administrator or work with cloud based technology.

Edited by StarlightNyars

• 3 weeks later...

I’m making a very risky career move,which should I get one of these jobs I put in for, will put me back at not making a live-able wage. However it’s a better company ,they have better benefits, from what I’ve heard they’re pretty generous with giving raises and I wouldn’t be stuck doing manufacturing my whole life. It’s all deskwork/office work sort of jobs. I’m not going to be able to do the job I currently do forever without injury as I age. The awful workplace environment and coworkers aside, the truth is what I do now will lead to injuries as I age. My past 6 years here I’ve been promised to be given the training so I could transition off of the manufacturing floor and into an office job. They’ve yet to do that. Just empty promises and excuses.
         So while I still have family to stay with I’m going to start my life over someplace else now. It will hit me hard financially to do this. However because I know it’s a better company and see the growth into something bigger there I’m willing to take the risk. In a few years I might not be in the spot to take this sort of risk….so no time like the present. Plus I’ll never know what my life could have been if I stayed stuck and unhappy in manufacturing.

Farthest long-term? Fly the 787. *sighs*

Ok I know that's awfully specific. Could be any other type, and most certainly something that isn't paying to fly.

Edited by DubWolf

Somewhat of a difficult question given that I'm not 100% sure what I want to do.

I know I don't want to go any further in the Veterinary field than my current position as an assistant.

I go back and forth between enjoying a relatively quiet life away from the stupidity of the world, and wanting to get out and do something to make it a better place. Later this year I'm going to look at what it would take to become a teacher, so that could be a step in coming out from under my moss covered rock, as lovely as it is.

I think I'd like to retire with a Berry farm in my possession. I'll eat all that I can pick, and charge others to do the same.

Getting hold of the inheritance. That is the plan. My family is destroyed. And there is no point in pretending this is going somewhere, because of what my progenitors did to me. So, I've been waiting. And now it is time to fill that empty space with money. Not so bad an ending. Especially when you consider that life kills everyone in the end. So, I might as well spare her the effort. But not until I get to play these video games I love so much. I owe something to a beautiful child. And I mean to fulfill that promise.