Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How fast the haters convert

Ezynell

I've never been a hater, I used to just ignore it, until I gave it a try. I see a bunch of haters on YouTube, but I'm guessing most of them are just trolling. I think that the people who actually hate the show haven't given it a chance, or that they've gotten a bad impression of the community, when someone tried to force MLP down their throats :).

I think you should try everything: If you have experienced it, only then you can judge it.

Edited by Acleps
  • Brohoof 1

i mostly just ignore comments on every video i watch, beacuse im watching old soviet music, you get the political debates, i watch a pony video you get the comments that were all gay and evil, its the same for everything, i just ignore it X3

this is my thought process in picture form

Posted Image

Edited by Midnight Moon

I used to be a hater like you, but then I took a pony to the TV. I got curious, watched an episode.. then another.... then season one... all in one sitting

I'm disappointed with others whom feel like they need to put up an arguement to defend themselves, from what, A show? I myself didn't argue with myself, I was passive and watched it just for entertainment. I was clearly entertained, and then became a fan. I don't think we need to force others to watch it, but ask for them to be open minded and just try to enjoy it. (if your still forcing them to become bronies) :P

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

I was browsing around on YouTube and went to go give "

" another listen through when I came across this interesting chain of comments.

post-466-0-20083200-1334194098.png

That literally fits this process quite well.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 3

It's the same thing with all haters/flame wars on the internet in general: ALL pointless.

Short and sweet, those kind of people go around and judge other people/bash subjects, yet they don't know anything about them. Key point is: they're all ignorant people who always jump to conclusions and ignore all evidence. For instance, I've tried everything I could to convey why there are so many people who are a part of this unbelievable fandom, and why we watch our show, to a bunch of people at my other forum, and it didn't work well. They wouldn't even take it from a brony. My theory is that they are just ignorant like the others, or they can't accept that this franchise has evolved to the widely-rejoiced brand that it is...

They even said things like "It WASN'T made for you, it was made for little girls. Don't try to justify why you think it makes sense for you to watch it", or something like that. I have explained that the show is for all of us in general, but when I see their ignorance, I find no point in even trying to explain to them anymore, I switch to the Love and Tolerate gear.

i used to be a hater but then i took an arrow to the knee (sorry it had to be done)

I used to knee. But then I adventured a took to the arrow.

We'll probably never have an accurate metric of how many bronies or anti-bronies there are, nor the rate at which one or the other grows or shrinks.

• Brohoof 1

That's pretty cool TBH. My friends were haters and teased me bout it... But one day I forced them to sit down and watch the show. They Both loved it and are now fellow bronies.

• Brohoof 1

I never was a hater. I was just very curious. The first video I saw of MLP:FiM made it look like girly shit but the video was a YTP, and they make everything look like poo (By making it hilariously messed. Thanks cs188 :D), so yah :lol.

(edited)

I never hated on anyone for being a brony though I kind of laughed when I heard my friends brother was into it. I didn't know what to make of it. I suspected that it was a massive meta-trolling conspiracy or some sort of insincere hipster irony.

Edited by SageWise

*Facehoof*

I guess the phrase "Don't knock it until you try it" really matters!

I agree with you completely.

Also, to add to the fact, all the haters that have directly confronted me face to face, I have counter-trolled and generally ignored, giving them multiple opportunities to begin to learn about the show.

my conversion rate is at the 85th percentile. :)

• 2 weeks later...

My little sister had some G3 DVD's before and she would watch those. So when the G4 show came out I dismissed it as just another poor exploitation of the series. But once I started seeing all the buzz on the internet, I watched a few episodes... And well, it turned out to be AWESOME!

I used to be a hater,but then I found that there was more to the show than I thought there was.

Kill me later. Anyways, I was never a hater. I was the "curious individual", so to speak :)

I never really used to be a hater, just an avoider?... right... anyway, as I was lurkin' around on 4chan, saw a link in a brony thread (and my rule is allways open links on 4chan) opened it, and then it was done. I became a brony through, you guessed it, youtube.

Haven't been på 4chan since, or atleast for some months, I got better things to do now :)

But I must say, I'm actually surprised at how many non-haters there is / was.

Though I fully understand why it is / was like that, considering, we don't make a fuss about all the joiners, only the haters :P

Heres a timeline

• saw ponies popping up, ignored it
  • started getting irritated
  • made a post in some Anti-pony thread on the MC forums
  • watched an episode(to see what was so good about it)
  • converted

So that's pretty much it.

• Brohoof 1