Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How fast the haters convert

Ezynell

I was browsing around on YouTube and went to go give "

" another listen through when I came across this interesting chain of comments.

post-466-0-20083200-1334194098.png

• Brohoof 10

I remember when I was a hater. I mean, of course I wasn't into being all trolly ('cause I respect peeps), but I honestly thought it was too girly of a show for me to watch. Then I started watching it. And my life has been infinitely better ever since.

• Brohoof 3

I laughed way more than I should :P

Few months ago I used to be a hater like that guy. But judging from how that silliness phrased, it seems he just hatin' because it's popular, nothing more. Bandwagon hater is the funniest Posted Image

I known 2 haters that have joined the herd, One of them I kinda forced to watch the first episode because he kept teasing me and he said it "wasn't that good and still was for girls". He came back to me 2 days later having not slept for the past 2 days and asked me how long til the next episode came out. The other was trying to watch an episode to try to find better ways to poke fun at the people who watch it and got hooked.

I was neutral-ish. My brother was a hater, but then he saw me watching an episode and just sat down (cuz he knows I'd beat the snot out of him if he hated on mah poniez) to watch with me. We're both bronies now!

Like anything else, haters are usually just ignorant and uneducated on what they are hating on. I find most people who give MLP a solid chance can at least admit to it being a good show for all-ages if not at least becoming a full on brony/pegasister.I don't think I was ever really a hater - but I was hesitant and doubtful that MLP was suitable for older demographics. I didn't have much of a grace period as people usually do - I heard about the fandom and then watched an episode right after. I didn't sit on it in confusion for long.

I think if everyone forgot about their "masculinity" or their perceived gender/age roles the internet would be taken over by MLP fandom. B)

I wasn't a hater, I would have been at first if it hadn't been for the fact that the guy that told me about was the biggest art/animation/comic/creative guy in our class, so I kinda trusted his taste in animation, gave it a try and here I am.

(plus the fact that I try to keep an open mind about stuff and not judge it, that probably helped.)

I was browsing around on YouTube and went to go give "

" another listen through when I came across this interesting chain of comments.

post-466-0-20083200-1334194098.png

Guy makes comment 3 weeks ago.

Guy gets hate mail.

Guy admits he is now a brony, less than three weeks later.

Are haters allergic to logic?

I personally don't believe people get 'converted' from hater to Brony. The term is just... So extreme, really. I think that some people just give the show a chance after so long and if they like it, too many people make a big deal and call it 'converting' or 'surrendering' or 'being drawn into the herd.'

I simply think of it as someone disliked something they'd never really given a chance because it was popular to dislike it, finally gave it a chance for whatever reason, and used their new education to develop their own opinion instead of simply picking a side in a conflict that's cool to be a part of. They came to a conclusion without getting all of the information, they finally DID get the information, and they changed their conclusion. That's not converting. That's educating oneself and forming a new opinion based on that education. And heck, there was just as much chance that he still might not have liked it after watching it.

Either way, it was wrong of him to be as hateful as he was before. But if that's changed, why hold it over his head? Same with any "hater," who happens to change their mind.

• Brohoof 3

Never seen a hater convert first hand, but I had a friend who hated on it, but he eventually watched a couple episodes and admitted "ITs decent. Definately not as bad as I expected" so he doesn't hate on it anymore. Doesn't watch it, but also doesn't hate on it either.

My reaction at first:

post-2915-0-74040300-1334529775.gif

I watched some UGC and converted to the herd. I don't watch the show for the plot (both the story and the... y'know) or voice acting. I like its animation and community. That is all.

I hate all G1-G3 ponies. (Like everyone else.)

That's why I was hesitant at first to watch the show.

My reaction at first:

I watched some UGC and converted to the herd. I don't watch the show for the plot (both the story and the... y'know) or voice acting. I like its animation and community. That is all.

I hate all G1-G3 ponies. (Like everyone else.)

That's why I was hesitant at first to watch the show.

I reacted similar at first, but the pictures I saw were cute as heck, and I have a soft spot for cute things so it didnt really take much to get my to watch it for the first time. (It took a while, but thats because I didnt really care until my girlfriend started talking about it)

I have gone to some of the forums I used to congregate on years ago and found old topics with people hating on MLP... while having MLP characters as their current avatars. (Its funny because it shows that those particular individuals are haters that eventually converted)

I think a lot of haters are afraid of being uncool. They're so scared someone might think they aren't cool that they hate on pretty much ANYTHING. You see less of this kind of thinking after you get out of high school, although it's always around to an extent.