gaming What is your honest opinion of PewDiePie?

AEDAZ

I used to watch him a long time ago because I thought he was genuinely funny. Now I don't think his sense of humor is all that great. He makes vulgar jokes and tries to be funny like every other YouTube gamer. Don't get me wrong; I think he is a nice guy outside of the YouTube world (I think he donates to charity), but I just don't like his humor.

(edited)

The only video i laughed at was the mr. chair moment.

I just wish he'd go back to being himself, that was when he was funny; back to the days when he first played amnesia.

Edited by Candy Star
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not that big of a fan of him. I respect him and I watched some of his videos, but they aren't really entertaining to me. That sort of goes to all the other Let's Players. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I like him because he's like a Swede and represents games but many don't like him... i like him because he reminds me of horrible content like James Rolfe or that twat Mike Matei. So its just a mirror for it in general :)

Basically ignorance hits itself in a reflection. Moaning about games, while this guy sorta mocks and laughs away and people gets annoyed by it. So thats why i just like him. Its an ironic mirror of horrible taste in youtube content ; 3

Edited by Trine
  • Brohoof 1

I used to watch him when I first found out about YouTube and Lets Plays, now I don't watch him that much and I honestly find him annoying and not very entertaining. I can see how some people may like him and they're entitled to, but I don't like him.

I don't hate the guy, but his content isn't for me. He was kind of a funny novelty in the beginning, but in small doses. Now his humor doesn't really affect me in the positive or negative, it's just there.

• Brohoof 1

Err.. his screaming.. yuck. I mean I won't lie, I get squealy too when I'm intrigued, upset, or excited but he takes it to another level. He's very generous from what I can tell-- he often donates to charities, in fact I believe one of his charities he raised to $1 million? How cool is that?

Nonetheless, he's not the main issue-- it's his fans. A bunch of screaming fans who keep saying ridiculous stuff and sometimes even start to harass other people as well. It's very gross how obsessive people became and still are of him, which is why I usually avoid watching his videos so I ignore the comments.

I also love how he points out some gross flaws, like on (damn I don't remember the game's name,) some game, he kept pointing out how gross it was how the game kept portraying underaged people as sex objects, you know? He isn't bad, it's just some of the games and his fans. Sorry, this comment was longer than intended-- hehe.  :squee: 

(edited)

Pewdiepie is a Decent Man whom makes People laugh,For me,Well Sometimes but i don't Frequent his channel.I Respect him as he donates to charity with the help of his 'Pewds'.Other than that he is a nice youtuber and gamer.

Edited by The General

I don't hate him as a person or hate his videos, but his videos don't appeal to me very much. I've seen a couple of them and I think he can be funny, but his channel and humor just isn't for me.

I don't hate him, but I don't watch him much, either. I think he's probably a cool guy IRL, I just kind of prefer JonTron when it comes to actual videos. Pewds did introduce me to Goat Simulator, and I have to give him credit, it's pretty fun.

IDK why other people hate him so much. It's not like he's there holding you in a headlock, forcing you to watch his videos. If you don't like him, don't watch him, but whatever you do, don't be a hater. Nobody likes those.

• Brohoof 1

I like him, because my sister lives in his hometown. And she has a friend who knows him. Especially the ''no swearing'' challenge, he goes me me la me me or something like that, possibly french, or his own language. And when playing FNAF 3, he doesn't seem scared.

I think he's all right. He seems like a good person, and I have nothing against entertaining others - one can never have enough entertainment in our times.

He seems like an awesome fun guy and he's given a lot of the money he earned on Youtube to Save the Children and Charity: Water, but I personally just find his videos unbearably annoying. I have no problem if you or anyone likes his videos though. People have different interests and senses of humor. I'll just stick with AVGN and JonTron.

I don't care for his videos personally, not my style. But I have nothing against the guy as a person.

I remember a youtube upload of a livestream somebody had, (Was a Binding of Isaac drinking game, I think.) where they were getting random people to talk to online (Can't remember exactly what they were using actually) and they ended up getting Pewdie by complete coincidence. He acted like a pretty cool guy, nothing like in his videos, just normal. Even made a joke about watching out for his "Rabid fans", since he'd played Isaac before too. 

To be honest, I never really watched any of his videos... From the small parts I've seen, he didn't seem funny or interesting to me so I never checked him out any further...

I can't help but notice that he changed over the years to "match" his audience. Back in 2012 he seemed rather natural, nowadays it's all overreacted and rather fake if you ask me. :/

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

He's an good guy in the fact that he doesn't take all the money he earns for himself and instead donates it to charity however i don't think he's funny anymore.

I watch his videos from time to time and it really annoys me since i can't watch one of his videos without hearing about 20 swear words or more.

I don't know if it's just me but i don't find swear words funny. They can be funny i guess in stuff you don't expect them to be in such as what Youtube poops do but Pewdiepie's overuse of them has just got old and again... annoying

Edited by Lion