Hugging IRL like it's the forums

Holiday Agnaktor

The hugs! :3  

46 users have voted

1. 1. Would you hug people IRL as much as here in the forum if it was acceptable?

• Eeyup.
    • Maybe...
    • Nope.
  2. 2. Would you like hugging people to become normal? (like hug everyone you meet.)

• Eeyup.
    • Maybe... (so shy... :| )
    • Nope.

I think hugs ought to be saved for those who are really close to you. Not everyone likes hugs and it would be rather strange just to go randomly and hug a stranger for no apparent reason. I'd only hug those who are my close friends and family to tell you the truth. It could turn out to be awkward for a person if you gave them a hug and they did not know you very well you know what I mean?

Thank god, I"m not the only person who notice how often people *hug* on here X3

I'm pretty open to contact irl, and with most people it wouldn't be awkward. Meanwhile i still feel awkward on here when i type *hug* cx

Well,Given the choice i won't even hug anyone(Yeah even my parents,Relatives and Best Friends).The Only thing i would do other than hug them is to pat them on their shoulder.  :)

Wait,How do you guys hug eachother in the forum?  :blink: 

Hugs should be given out to people who have deserved one from you in your eyes, and if they need one like a few others have said with emotional struggle.

In all honesty I could probably not even make eye contact with someone from here rather than give them a hug :adorkable:.

I only give a lot of hugs on here is because either someone gives me one first or conversation gets awkward and boring so I kinda do try to do something else X3. That and if I do it first then you either made me happy or I like you enough to :D!

I really love hugging and wish my life could be more physically affectionate like FIM, but I'm kind of one of those people who would just prefer to hug my special somepony, if I could ever have one.  Just that one person is all I need to happy.

In fact, casual friend hugging tends to annoy and depress me sometimes, ironically.  It's because I know I'll never be able to hug someone the way I really want to, as in passionately embrace my partner who's all mine, and I'm hers.  The casual, obligatory, one second, pat on the back hugs with friends or relatives or something only serve to remind me of my loneliness.  It's like giving a single potato chip to someone who's starving to death, then saying, "Sorry, that's all you get.  Hope it will tide you over for the REST OF YOUR LIFE."

• 4 years later...