Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has MLP improved your social life?

Underling 1000

Ah. Jumped ship, then? Was going to suggest Episcopalianism, but if you've left the faith totally, that's cool. Kind of atheist myself, haven't been inside a church in years.

• Brohoof 1

I'm going to have to say my social life, no, most definitly not. 

I have really bad anxiety about people finding out and I've distanced myself away from the few people I've told in risk of doing something wrong they reveal it.

As much as I love MLP and the bronies here, as well as this great site and the staff and the show and everything... the whole "being a brony" thing has put me on edge and caused me anxiety and for anyone who knows me. Anxiety and I, are polar opposites.

Yes, this community, show , toys ( the waifus •3•)and everything made me feel more confident and happy. my real life is not a happy one and I'd used to think that online forums would help me get through bad times and comfort me, but it didn't. I just felt worse, (note to everypony, don't join the Mario modding community, you will cry! ) then one day, my friend showed me a video called smile HD, it was amazing, foozogz' music, the animation quality, everything. I wanted to know who these characters were, and what they do. Then after watching the first two episodes, I felt better, happier, more hopeful... I don't know why, but I just do... I feel like maybe this community will be better than the others, less judging, more open arms, and it was. I hope that I can contribute to this community/fandom someday. Thank you for reading my silly filly post.

It really has, i made a lot of new friends and became a little bit more social. It really shocked me how much someone can change with a show like this ^_^

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

The show led me to the fandom that helped improve my social life, if that counts? :ooh: Otherwise, it hasn't helped too much in that regard, in all honesty. :P

It has neither affected my life positively or negatively.

It did for a time due to the fandom and not the show. But almost all of those friends disappeared off the face of the earth, weren't compatible with me, or turned out to be childish dickheads who hurt me quite a bit. So they're all gone now bar one. That's my internet life. I used to have so many friends and they've all kind of... gone over the years. But I don't blame MLP for that. It always happens. That's why I tend to be reluctant to make any more friends nowadays. 

My real life socialness though has improved because it was basically non-existent until the one friend who remained moved in with me. One is better than nothing!

Well, the show explains morals about friendship which could help with social life.

Sounds about right.

In general it doesn't help with my social life, especially because most people can't relate or understand how I have inspiration to socialize or better myself. If I tell them it's from MLP, it kind of does the opposite, seeing how 25% (If even that much) understand brony-ism or at least it doesn't bother them. Where as most other people look at you/treat you differently because of it.

It does help inspire and build confidence within the fandom for me though, when I'm going through a tough time. I just watch Pinkie's smile song and it really helps.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Not only has the show improved my social life but It changed my entire life... I have gained and lost friends since I began watching the show. I have a feeling that I would not be where I am today and be as content with my life as I'am if it were not for MLPFiM. 

Edited by Zantetsuken

No, not really. I was only realy social online, especiallty after I became relly into the fandom a few years ago. I wasn't really socially active until I joined the debate team at my Highschool.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...