Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has MLP improved your social life?

Underling 1000

(edited)

Um....it has improved a lot.  I have 100 times as many friends as I did before.  Buuuuut...

100 x 0 = 0.

Hard to improve what doesn't exist at all.  :(

Edited by Justin_Case001
  • Brohoof 1

I'd have to say yes, but it was the combination of both the show and the fandom that did it for me. I have never seen such a diverse and welcoming community in my life, and as a cartoon enthusiast, I had no idea that a seemingly normal kids' cartoon could actually bring so many people together, even people who don't normally watch cartoons. I've had the confidence to start putting up my own work, I learned a lot of social skills, and I became much more sociable as a person through the friends I've made here and on DeviantArt. So, by consequence, this show actually did do it for me. Even after years of professional help, I don't think I've ever made as much progress in my social life at such a rate as one year of participating in the brony fandom. I still need help to get friendships going, but it's a lot easier for me now.

• Brohoof 2

Social life online?  Certainly.  Social life IRL?  Kind of, I guess.  I mean, I've attended a couple of Brony meetups in the Boston area, which is something that I obviously never would have done without the show/fandom.  Even though I haven't really made any close friends by going to them, I tend to be a person who would rather just stay in their room alone, so I suppose just going out of my way to attend a social event is a step in the right direction.

very barely, I think it has, in the recent months. Drawing upon friendless, socially awkward season 1 Twilight, I was able to step out of my cozy comfort zone in my religious attendance, moving from the very last row, just about in a corner, in a back room, to moving up to the main auditorium where more people are (though I'm still in the last row, and in a corner, there). Still nervous and intimidated by people, due to my lack of social interaction and just plain disinterest in others, but I'm trying to engage in more conversation and approach a handful of people, to start with. Baby steps, as a certain soft-spoken pegasi said.

• Brohoof 2

I would say so. Though i didn't had any problems interacting with other people before that, but i found alot more interesting people here. Though what i can say is a big plus, is that i found love through this fandom and that's one of the best things that you can have. :)

• Brohoof 3

It's the reason I signed up here. So, basically the show is the reason I have a social life or even friends at all. So, yes. The show definitely improved it online.

Offline...Well, any "Friends" I had were drifting away from me quickly when I started watching, and the one friend I told about the show, it really didn't help too much, so...Nope.

Sadly no, it's more like friendship is business around here. Eitherway, I don't really go out anymore anyway. You don't make many friends being indoors all the time...

Yes actually - while it's not taking literally the morals of the story it's finding ways to relate to others and figuring out how to communicate with them.

In addition without MLP I wouldn't be here. If I wasn't here, I would likely be a very different person today.

What social life?

In real life, not really. It has made me a little less depressed, though. Online, yes...I talk to more people online and have become less reserved because of MLP and the fandom.

It hasn't really changed much IRL (not that it needed changing), but as for online I have made a few friends that I keep in regular touch with - at one point there were quite a few, but I don't really hear from most of them any more. So, overall I'd say yes, but mainly as an online thing.

I suppose the potential is there. Since starting to watch MLP, there is now a huge number of new people out there I have something in common with. I don't know if I'll ever meet any IRL but the possibility is there.

On the internet side of things, yes, I guess it has improved a little.   

• Brohoof 1

People are different, so for me, MLP make me feel abit happy but as for social not much. Still have some dislike some people and find it hard to trust people but did have some friends here on forum and few in facebook. But don't being friends with other bronies.