Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you have a social life

joshuachasseur

* my social life is really hit and miss. i do technically have one, but it all depends on my anxiety. i mean, you wouldn't think that you'd be able to get super anxious from seeing you closest friends; the ones you hold dearest, but unfortunately for me, i do. so many missed opportunities to hang out with my closest friends just missed because i started to panic.

• Brohoof 1

Nope. Social lives are expensive and I don't make that kind of money. Plus I live out in the country side, so there's nothing to do. And I don't have a car. 

That and I'm socially awkward and have ADD. Oh and I'm sick of being around people in general, especially after work. So I value my alone time immensely.  

• Brohoof 1

I used to have social life, till all my old friends decided they didn't need me to be happy anymore. One thinks that drugs and cheating girlfriend is more supportive to him then I ever was. The other friend I had left has a self esteem problem, about as bad as it can get, and will not seek help for this, just keeps working hard to buy expensive things to fill the "void".

Of course I'm probably wrong about all this stuff cause if I wasn't I should be able to make new friends right? I'm more then likely the one with problems and social disorders.

Yea I do, it's usually filled with people I met from high school, college or work. I tend to get along with everybody and they get along with me. I love talking to people either it being online or offline, I just really enjoy having a nice talk with someone even it's someone I don't know.

Edited by Xylosian

My social life could definitely stand some improvement. ^_^ But I think the concept of a social life is one that is different for each person based on their personality type and temperament. Social life tends to be equated with extroversion. An introvert's version of a good social life is vastly different from the standard. So, for me, I feel like I'm living below my level of a good social life.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really have a big one but is has nothing to do with me liking the show and more with not very many people to relate to and I just don't fit the factor to be the popular kid since that's just too expensive and overall compared to others i'm kinda odd, but the people who are popular are mostly people I find distasteful, though I admit part of it might be myself not bothering since judging on my personality, i'm more of a guy who wants to be independent and not wanting to have many people to be hassled by and to keep up with, though yes my social life could use some improvement :P

Social life? HA! Nope!

If I'm not going to school or working, then I'm usually either on my computer or playing video games. Only thing that could qualify was when I would hang out with my friend or go to the movies, but with work I don't even have the time to do that anymore. 

An hypocritical one to get through my school yes, but other than that not much.

There's just one person I actually appreciate and she hates going out. I guess if we hang out together on Minecraft it can count as a social life doesn't it? xD

Nah but really I never had one actually, but I really hope when I'll get back in France I will have one, I'd firstly need to make myself some friends though é_è

At the moment, not really, but that's not because I don't have friends or don't like being social. I had a good social life in high school, but right now I am taking a year to work before going off to college. Most of my friends have moved away to college, so there is really no one currently around for me to be social with. Ill make sure to change that when I go off to college in the fall.

I have one but it's usually not sparked by my own accord. I'm a really passive about hanging with friends and lately I haven't actually had much interest in getting new ones. I really don't think I have the time right now to establish any new ones. The community I live in now is more of a contrast to my personality so that's a general obstacle for sure. I'm comfortable with what I have, it's a really comfortable amount of friends.

Depends on what can be considered a social life. If fencing training and tournaments count, then yes. If 'social life' in this context is going out and attending parties and stuff...nope, and I wouldn't want to. I don't see the fun in it so I usually stay home when my girlfriend goes out with friends.

Nope, don't have one and never did.

I'm being dead serious when I say I've not had a single face to face conversation with someone near my own age since the day I graduated from high school. That's been 10 years now. My only real contact with the outside world, besides some family members, is through internet forums like this one. That's the main reason I joined this site in the first place, I found this great new thing call MLP and didn't have anyone to discus it with.     

Admittedly, It's not a great lifestyle to live, but I'm used to it by now.

Nope, not at all. I mean, I have people I talk to at school, joke around with, some even share my interests, but we never talk outside of school hours. I usually just come home and read or watch TV; I prefer it this way. Socializing is exhausting for me, as I feel like I always have to be upbeat and energetic constantly, so when I get out of school I don't feel much like speaking to anyone. 

• Brohoof 1

I make jokes about not having a social life but I do have one. Being in lots of sports teams helps with making friends, for me at least. I have a decent amount of friends and I can get along with most people, but I wish I had more. Oh well.

I love having company though. Sometimes I hang out with friends after school, but sometimes I prefer just staying home and relaxing too. Not many people know this about me. If it's watching TV, movies, playing games, music, etc. Having alone time is good, and don't feel bad if you don't have a "social life". It doesn't make you weird, you just would rather be alone. And that's totally fine.

Edited by PonyLaces