Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Social anxiety? You have a special gift

Kyralina

A scientific study has been done on those with social anxiety and it turns out that most of them are empaths. And it's because they are empaths that they get social anxiety.

www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com/new-study-links-social-anxiety-to-being-empath/

What is an empath?

in a nutshell an empath is someone who can feel other peoples emotions even if they keep it hidden. They can understand peoples state of minds and powerful empaths can strongly influence peoples emotions. Great if you wanna convince someone to like you ;)

For more info on this study see this link in thread:

• Brohoof 3

I used to be really anxious, and i consider myself pretty empathetic. I have had an overall low-trauma life, yet when someone has a really rough patch in their life, i feel like i can understand them and feel what they are feeling.

• Brohoof 1

• 7 years later...

I have social anxiety, but I wouldn't call myself an empath. I have problems figuring out what I'm feeling, so if I can't understand my own feelings, how will I understand others' feelings?

• Brohoof 1

I'm always skeptical of studies about things like this. Nobody can ever really know what somebody else is thinking or feeling. I feel bad for people when I see they're in pain but often I have no idea what other people are feeling or I read them entirely wrong. Other people are a total mystery.

I have an absolute ton of social anxiety but I would never call myself an empath. Maybe when I was younger I used to care more about the feelings of others than I do now but now I feel like I have to only look after myself since nobody else will ever do that for me.

• Brohoof 2

Hm for me it’s more like not wanting to deal with people’s bs. I don’t have a serious social anxiety but dealing with rude people raise the bar for me.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...