Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most ponies related to one another don't look like each other

cider float

There seems to be some topics that this pony can be related to that pony because their color palette is the same. If anything relatives actually look drastically different from each other.

Observe...

Shining Armor and Twilight

Twilight_Shining_Armor_hug_S2E25.png

The Apple Family

Applejack, Big Mac, Applebloom and Granny Smith

the_apple_family_by_hampshireukbrony-d6g

Rarity and Sweetie Belle might come closer.

rarity_and_sweetie_belle_being_cute_by_s

Celestia and Luna

Luna_and_Celestia_with_their_cutie_marks

The Cakes

The_Cakes_S2E23.png

Pinkie Pie and Maud Pie

Pinkie_Pie_looking_at_Maud_S4E18.png

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

It is not as obvious as Sweetie Belle and Rarity but I do think that Applejack and Big Mac have a slight family resemblance though this is much much more obvious in humanized pics of Applejack and Big Mac as well as some anthro pics. They have a similar hair/eye color as well as build though Big Mac is a bit taller and more muscular. The rest of them don't have an obvious family resemblance though.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

(edited)

I do not think that every person has a look-alike.  Every human being has a unique genetic code which causes each one of us to look at least a little bit different than everyone else.

The only exception to this is identical twins.  Since they are formed from the same cell, they have identical genetic codes.  Any differences in their appearance would have to be the result of environmental factors.  For example, if Twin A spent more time in the sun, then she would have darker (or perhaps redder) skin than her sister, Twin B. 

If you want to find someone who looks more or less like yourself, you might not have to travel too far.  People of your own immediate family share the most genes with you, and are the most likely to look like you.  Going a little farther afield, people who have the same ethnic background are more likely to look alike than those with different backgrounds.  For example, two Jews of Eastern European heritage are more likely to look alike than an African-American and a person of the Han ethnic group in China. 

Source: http://www.enotes.com/homework-help/does-everyone-world-have-look-alike-how-do-yo-392790

Edited by Tom Snyder

It is not as obvious as Sweetie Belle and Rarity but I do think that Applejack and Big Mac have a slight family resemblance though this is much much more obvious in humanized pics of Applejack and Big Mac as well as some anthro pics. They have a similar hair/eye color as well as build though Big Mac is a bit taller and more muscular. The rest of them don't have an obvious family resemblance though.

I definitely agree with you on that one.

I'm actually one of those people of doesn't look exactly like one of their parents (I'm a perfect blend, lol) but my sister totally looks like my mom.

I feel like although they don't all look like identical twins, they definitely so resemble each other in all kinds of ways.

Maud and Pinkie are he ones that throw me off for obvious reasons. Big Mac, Applebloom and Applejack all have the same spectrum of colors, being red, orange and yellow. Not to mention that Big Mac and Applejack share the same eye color while Applebloom shares hers with Granny Smith. Shining Armor and Twilight have the same mane pattern, just different colors. The really jarring thing is that the two of them don't really look like their parents.

They dont look the same because of it being a tv show and its more appealing too have character variation as it was originally aimed at kids, if equestria were an actual place it wouldnt make sense though. 

Happens in real life; colour genetics are tricky! Observe...

ashbrook%20mother%20and%20foal.jpg

31-june-05.jpg

A lot of horses are differently coloured to their parents, cuz of the mind boggling variety of coat colours that horses can have. More information about different coat colours and variations can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equine_coat_color

There are also loads of different shades and types even within one type of coat colour; for example, chestnut. Not to mention the fact that horses can have white markings like socks, stockings, snips, stars, blazes, white faces, etc.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Happens in real life; colour genetics are tricky! Observe...

sig-3886519.ashbrook%20mother%20and%20fo

sig-3886519.31-june-05.jpg

A lot of horses are differently coloured to their parents, cuz of the mind boggling variety of coat colours that horses can have. More information about different coat colours and variations can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equine_coat_color

There are also loads of different shades and types even within one type of coat colour; for example, chestnut. Not to mention the fact that horses can have white markings like socks, stockings, snips, stars, blazes, white faces, etc.

Baby_Applejack_S3E8.png

applejack_by_90sigma-d7a1e82.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Rainbow_Dash_James_Sig.png

Ummm, they don't correlate with the ponies in real life. That goes for the rest of the six mane.

Edited by cider float

Missing the point completely, you are. *sigh* I was just pointing out that horses can be different colours in real life even if closely related, so why is it unbelievable among multi coloured ponies?

Missing the point completely, you are. *sigh* I was just pointing out that horses can be different colours in real life even if closely related, so why is it unbelievable among multi coloured ponies?

Well thought you meant the younger offspring look different until they grow up. Which was a thought I expected to come up.