Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Issues #34-37

SolyWack

So apparently they will be about the villians banding together under a new villian, and attacking the Crystal Empire.

This sound AWESOME. *squee face*

Especially so that it will use information from the Sombra issue of Fiendship is Magic. Which was imo the best MLP comic issue I have read.

"Story by Jeremy Whitley, Art by Andy Price

Equestria's most villianous characters gather under the power of a new threat to Equestria and attack the Crystal Empire.

Call Back: The series will be based on the history of King Sombra and Radiant Hope established in Fiendship Is Magic #1 (which was also penned by Whitley)."

Read more: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ComicBook/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagicIDW#ixzz3hLfd3gHs

Well...

i wasn't expecting them to mix in chrysalis with sombra (I figured that she'd be used in her own storyline independently), but looks like she WILL be involved! (Since this arc apparently folllows up 5 too).

I never picked her to be one for teamwork, I'm kind of expecting her to betray Sombra and the dark crystal's side (Since I assume that's going to be the "true" villain of the arc) at the end in an enemy mine situation.

944382__safe_text_queen+chrysalis_idw_ki

That sounds like it could be a very interest story arc (especially with it being based from Sombra's backstory - also one of my favourites).

Do we have an idea of what sort of date it will be released on?

That sounds like it could be a very interest story arc (especially with it being based from Sombra's backstory - also one of my favourites).

Do we have an idea of what sort of date it will be released on?

In September I think. Can't wait, that's the first villain, four issue-long arc we have since Reflections, and that was a long time ago 

• Brohoof 1

Yep, I am super exited for this september. The Sombra and Crysalis stories were some of my favorites in the IDW series. In the Sombra issue he KILLED the princess.

I also wonder if they are going to introduce a villian exclusive to the comics, that would be cool.

No, Sombra himself made clear Princess Amore is still alive and could return if her pieces are gathered

So instead of killing her she is now in a permanent state of near death with almost no chance to be put together again.

Thanks Hasbro.

So instead of killing her she is now in a permanent state of near death with almost no chance to be put together again.

Thanks Hasbro.

Time will tell if she'll be assembled again 

Time will tell if she'll be assembled again 

I don't doubt she'll return, though they're probably pull a "ascend to a higher state" thing or have her pull a heroic sacrifice to seal away the villains. I mean, with Cadence as the ruler of the crystal empire, Amore's out of a job XD