Rank season's episodes.

CastletonSnob

1. Tanks for the Memories

2. Bloom and Gloom

3. Amending Fences

4. The Cutie Map

5. Slice of Life

6. Do Princesses Dream of Magical Sheep?

7. The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone

8. Appleloosa's Most Wanted

9. Castle Sweet Castle

10. Make New Friends but Keep Discord

11. Party Pooped

12. Princess Spike

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 2

1.The Cutie Map

2.Amending Fences

3.Bloom and Gloom

4.Castle sweet Castle

5.Make New Friends but Keep Discord

6.The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone

7.Tanks for the Memories

8.Slice of Life

9.Party Pooped

10.Do Princesses sleep of Magical Sheep

11.Princess Spike

12.Appleloosas most wanted

• Brohoof 3

1. Ameding Fences
  2. The Cutie Map
  3. Bloom and Gloom
  4. Castle sweet Castle
  5. The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone
  6. Tanks for the Memories
  7. Party Pooped
  8. Do Princesses sleep of Magical Sheep
  9. Make New Friends but Keep Discord
  10. Princess Spike
  11. Slice of Life
  12. Appleloosas most wanted

Done!

• Brohoof 1

1. The Cutie Map

2. Amending Fences.

3. Bloom and Gloom

4. Make New Friends But Keep Discord

5. Slice of Life

6. Castle Sweet Castle

7. The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone

8. Party Pooped

9. Tanks for the Memories

10. Princess Spike

11. Appleloosas most wanted

12. Do Princesses Dream of Magical Sheep.

Edited by Nuke87654
  • Brohoof 5

1. Amending Fences

2. Lost Treasure of Griffonstone

3. Tanks for the Memories

4. Bloom and Gloom

5. Party Pooped

6. Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?

7. Make New Friends But Keep Discord

8. The Cutie Map

9. Castle Sweet Castle

10. Slice of Life

11. Princess Spike

12. Appleoosa's Most Wanted

Edited by PonyLaces
  • Brohoof 2

1. Amending Fences
  2. The Cutie Map
  3. Make New Friends But Keep Discord
  4. Bloom & Gloom
  5. The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone
  6. Castle Sweet Castle
  7. Slice of Life
  8. Party Pooped
  9. Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?
  10. Appleloosa's Most Wanted
  11. Princess Spike
  12. Tanks for the Memories

But to be honest, only the top four of my list are the only episodes of Season 5 so far that really impressed me. The rest either made me too bored or too uncomfortable.

• Brohoof 2

Heheheh I've been waiting for this. This is more or less 100% serious, give or take.

Great

1) The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone - I like it because Pinkie was awesome and it was cool to see Gilda get reformed I guess.

Good

2) The Cutie Map - Good concept and villain, but kinda boring to re-watch (oh no, please, stop rolling your eyes :( )

3) Amending Fences - I liked Minuette and that was about it. But that's all, that really matters I guess :squee:

4) Make New Friends But Keep Discord - I liked that face Fluttershy made.

5) Bloom & Gloom - It was the only time Luna and the CMC didn't piss me off and it was in the same episode too. Woah, 10/10 I guess.

Meh

6) Party Pooped - The fucking Yaks...

7) Castle Sweet Castle - I think I liked this episode, but I can't remember why, so it's down here now.

8) Princess Spike - Good...for a Spike episode.

Bad

9) Tanks for the Memories - Pretty much the worst Rainbow Dash episode ever. Although Rainbow Falls is still worse, this one is less fun to watch due to how cringey it all is.

10) Slice of Life - The best fan animation ever made...oh wait this is a real episode. Ok then...

Awful

11) Appleloosa's Most Wanted - The most boringist one.

Tartarus

12) Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep? - 0/10, would not crawl in skin again. Easily the most dumbest, no stupid, no the most retarded moment in the entire show when Luna snaps out of her emo, self-loathing streak when Twilight tells her, "No, you're cool, stop hating yourself." Luna smiles. "I am now cured thanks to the power of friendship.

Also I found the aesthetics of some of the dreams to be kinda boring so that really sucks.

Overall I give this season a 9.182/10. It was amazing as usual and it is mah favvvvvvorite show, ah yes. Please brohoof, because I enjoy seeing the little notification and every time I smile a bit and I'm told I'll live longer if I smile, so if you want me to live longer brohoof this. Ok, bye now :)

Edited by LZRD WZRD
  • Brohoof 4

1. The Cutie Map

2. Amending Fences

3. Castle Sweet Castle

4. The Lost Treasure of Grffonstone

5. Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?

6. Slice of Life

7. Party Pooped

8. Tanks For the Memories

9. Bloom and Gloom

10. Appleloosa's Most Wanted

11. Make New Friends, But Keep Discord

12. Princess Spike

• Brohoof 2

1. The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone

2. Amending Fences

3. Make New Friends but Keep Discord

4. The Cutie Map

5. Party Pooped

6. Slice of Life

7. Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?

8. Castle Sweet Castle

9. Tanks for the Memories

10. Bloom and Gloom

11. Apppleoosa's Most Wanted

12. Princess Spike

• Brohoof 3

1 - Amending Fences

2 - Bloom And Gloom

3 - Tanks For The Memories

4 - Do Princesses Dream Of Magic Sheep?

5 - Slice of Life

6 - Party Pooped

7 - Cutie Map

8 - The Lost Treasure Of GriffonStone

9 - Make New Friends But Keep Discord

10 - Castle Sweet Castle

11 - Appleloosa's Most Wanted

12 - Princess Spike

I love all of these episodes though.

• Brohoof 2

Amazing:

1. The Cutie Map

2. Amending Fences

3. The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone

Great:

4. Bloom and Gloom

5. Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?

6. Tanks For the Memories

7. Slice of Life

Good:

8. Castle Sweet Castle

9. Party Pooped

10. Appleoosa's Most Wanted

Mediocre:

11. Make New Friends But Keep Discord

Wooden Spoon:

12. Princess Spike

* Opinions subject to change.

• Brohoof 1

1. Make New Friends, But Keep Discord

2. Slice of Life

3. Amending Fences

4. Appleloosa's Most Wanted

5. The Cutie Map

6. Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?

7. The Lost Treasure of Grffonstone

8. Tanks for the Memories

9. Bloom and Gloom

10. Party Pooped

11. Princess Spike

12. Castle Sweet Castle

Based on how much I like and dislike:

Love:

1. Amending Fences (my top favorite of the show)
  2. The Cutie Map
  3. Slice of Life

Like:

1. Make New Friends, but Keep Discord
  2. Bloom & Gloom

Neutral:

1. Party Pooped

Dislike:

1. Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?
  2. Appleoosa's Most Wanted
  3. The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone
  4. Tanks for the Memories

Hate:

1. Princess Spike

But if I have to gauge it by quality, the list is much more different:

Great:

1. Amending Fences: A+
  2. The Cutie Map: A+
  3. Bloom & Gloom: A- (most underrated episode this season)

Good:

1. Slice of Life: B+ (second-most underrated episode this season)

Mediocre:

1. Make New Friends, but Keep Discord: B-
  2. The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone: C
  3. Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?: C-
  4. Party Pooped: C-

Bad:

1. Tanks for the Memories: D+

Awful:

1. Appleoosa's Most Wanted: F
  2. Princess Spike: F

I have a blog briefly analyzing the first half here.

• Brohoof 3

Normally, I don't give episodes a solid rating, preferring to instead rate each episode on how well it achieved the subjective goals of each individual plotline. However, here's my list with a green/yellow/red indicator representing the good, the meh, and the bad.

1. "Bloom and Gloom" - Identifiable plotline and visual creativity.
  2. "The Cutie Map" - Culturally inspired, strongest two-parter plot, strong sense of adventure, and well-written villain.
  3. "Make New Friends but Keep Discord" - Great comedy throughout, visual creativity.
  4. "The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone" - Worldbuilding, references, and message.
  5. "Slice of Life" - Diverting comedy romp with loads of fanservice, but it hardly does any harm to the message.
  6. "Amending Fences" - A great way of showing just how far Twilight has come, although Moondancer's dependence could have been expanded upon further.
  7. "Castle Sweet Castle" - Great use of continuity and emotional buildup, ruined by sloppy editing and pacing through 2nd/3rd act.
  8. "Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?" - Great allegorical idea, but again poorly paced, specifically 2nd/3rd acts, with excessive fanservice and a main character that has to be told the moral rather than learning it naturally in a rushed ending.
  9. "Party Pooped" - Forgot this one initially because there really wasn't much to it. Other than the yaks being immature characters unworthy of sympathy and Pinkie Pie trying her best, there isn't much to remember about it.
  10. "Appleoosa's Most Wanted" - Identifiable main character and new CMC role, but with half-hearted, rushed ending, plot sacrificed for comedy, forced Old West cliches, and deconstruction of cutie marks making negative implications.
  11. "Tanks for the Memories" - Equating hibernation with death seems too silly and immature for the main characters to deal with, even considering corporate mandates that prevent the show from tackling the issue head-on.
  12. "Princess Spike" - One of the worst episodes of the show. Bias against Spike is strong with this one. Show fails to admonish summit ponies for displaying similar negative traits to Spike and continuously uses him as a gag, even when he has already learned his lesson.
Edited by Vested Interest
  • Brohoof 3

• 1 year later...

Found this while searching for other threads, and haven't found any later threads of this type, so I'll just dump my own list here. Been a while since I watched, but here goes: 

Great

1. Bloom and Gloom, a clever and moving depiction of realistic childhood insecurities. 

2. Rarity Investigates!, one of the most consistently funny episodes of the whole show, and featuring its most underrated pairing. 

3. Slice of Life, a genuinely inventive bit of absurdity which subverts more fanon than it features. 

4. Party Pooped, another inventive bit of absurdity with a strong message. Only episode to make Twilight's status meaningful. 

Good

5. Brotherhooves Social, an exciting and eventually moving episode which develops a side character. 

6. The Cutie Map, which is exciting precisely because it explores even darker territory than usual. 

7. Crusaders of the Lost Mark, which is kinda like "Magical Mystery Cure" done right. 

8. Make New Friends but Keep Discord, which is just plain entertaining. 

9. Canterlot Boutique, which is blatantly rushed and sorta unbalanced but fun and admirable for moving subplots forward. 

10. The Hooffields and McColts, which features another fun and underseen dynamic, though its ending is weak. 

Okay

11. The Cutie Re-Mark, which has really solid humour and a poignant ending in service of a very formulaic story. 

12. The Mane Attraction, which might rise on re-watch but right now comes across as formulaic and inconsequential. 

13. Hearthbreakers, which coats fun elements in an incredibly tedious main plot. 

14. Amending Fences, which I have always found unconvincing and unearned. 

15. Tanks for the Memories , which would be funny enough if Dash weren't impossible to sympathise with. 

16. Castle Sweet Castle, which is too sweet to dislike but too boring to feel anything else about. 

Bad

17. Scare Master, which exaggerates Fluttershy's fearfulness to an asinine extent and is filled with obnoxious reference humour. 

18. Princess Spike, which has a lazy, generic plot without many funny jokes.

Awful

19. Made in Manehattan, which features one of the most needlessly depressing scenes in the show's history. 

20. The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone, which is lethargic and bases its worldbuilding on unconvincing premises. 

21. Appleoosa's Most Wanted, which takes the questionable aspects of cutie marks to their most disturbing extreme. 

22. What About Discord?, which revolves around a joke which is apparently supposed to be obnoxious. 

23. The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows, which repeats a single unbearable cringe comedy gag with little variety or depth. 

24. Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?, which seems to fundamentally misunderstand what makes this show good. 

Edited by AlexanderThrond

If I were to place them into categories of episodes that are my favorites, I find good, I find meh, and I thought were weak this would be how season 5 would rank for me.

Best:

Crusaders of the Lost Mark

The Mane Attraction

Lost Treasure of Griffonstone

Amending Fences

Brotherhooves Social

Canterlot Boutique

Castle Sweet Castle

Hearthbreakers

Good:

The Cutie Remark (despite my gripes with Starlight's reformation, I really liked the rest of it)

Scare Master

Rarity Investigates

Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep

Tanks for the Memories

The Cutie Map (still a bit overrated)

Make New Friends but Keep Discord

Slice of Life

Okay:

Party Pooped

Made in Manehatten

The Hooffields and the McColts

Meh:

The one where Pinkie Knows

What About Discord

Bloom and Gloom (These three at the bottom are super boring)

Appleloosa's Most Wanted

Princess Spike

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this is kind of an old thread, but since it's been revived I'll just put my list here:

Love:

1. The Cutie Map, an episode darker and more philosophically ambitious than anything the show had and has ever done. A great villain, a great song, strong sense of adventure, thought provoking, good pacing, and good characterization.

2. Bloom & Gloom, it made for a great use of the inception-like plot, representing each one of AB's fears in ver creative and sometimes disturbing ways, it also had one of the best lessons. 

3. Amending Fences, while Twilight isn't my favorite these kind of episodes make me have a lot of respect for her, she did earn her title of princess of friendship after all.

4. The Cutie Re-Mark, it was very interesting seeing the alternate timelines and how Twilight and Starlight kept trying to outsmart each other. My favorite scene is Starlight's reformation, it's another one of those moments that make me love Twilight.

5. Slice Of Life, a celebration of bronies and a very fun and random episode. What's not to like about it?

6. Crusaders Of The Lost Mark, simply put, I love musicals when they are as well done as in this episode, the songs can transmite emotions and make the plot advance in ways normal episodes couldn't. 

7. Brotherhooves Social, it was very funny, maybe a little bit too cringy, but that scene in the end is worth it, extremely heartwarming and poignant. Also, it's a Big Mac episode.

8. Party Pooped, I love Pinkie Pie's randomness and absurdity, I can always count on this episode to make me laugh like when I was 10.

9. Rarity Investigates!, one of the most fun episodes of the show, and while the mystery was kind of obvious how it was solved was very interesting.

10. Make New Friends But Keep Discord, also one of the most fun episodes, which is to be expected of a Discord episode. Fluttershy was great too, and the moral was very relatable.

Good:

11. Canterlot Boutique, I like it a lot  because of how true it is to the real world and the entertainment industry, I also love seeing more of Rarity's artistic side.

12. The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows, same reason as Party Pooped.

13. The Mane Attraction, a cute episode with amazing songs, but maybe a bit cliché and forced.

14. Made In Manehattan, there's something about the resolution of this episode that I can't help but love. The rest isn't that memorable though.

15. Scare Master, while it's annoying in the beginning, when the scary tea party starts it becomes really good. It also has a very good moral.

16. Lost Treasure Of Griffonstone, it was nice to see Gilda again and it was a fun episode too, mostly because of Pinkie Pie.

17. Castle Sweet Castle, very sweet and with a great resolution, but it has one problem with the plot, there's no way the mane 5 would be that stupid in the beginning.

18. Heartbreakers, there's nothing to dislike about it, I feel I should like it more than I do.

Mediocre:

19. What About Discord?, great idea with mediocre execution, it ends up being very boring to watch.

20. Appleloosa's Most Wanted, kind of boring and with unfortunate implications about cutie marks.

21. The Hooffields and McColts, then again, another boring and forgettable episode, which is a shame because it'd been nice to see a well written Twilight-Fluttershy dynamic.

Bad:

22. Princess Spike, a generic bad Spike episode, if it weren't so forgettable it'd probably be lower on this list.

23. Do Princesses Dream of The Magic Sheep?, great idea, but poorly paced and with tons of fan pandering, it ends up feeling like a fanfic trying too hard to be deep and cool at the same time.

24. Tanks For The Memories, comparing hibernation with death is not a bad idea, but you have to play with your limitations, not simply ignore them, which is why this episode miserably fails, never had I ever felt so little sympathy for one of the mane 6, and never had I ever felt so uncomfortable watching an episode of MLP. The weather factory scenes are specially terrible.

Edited by Baykush

My favorite to least favorite episodes of MLP season 5 would be:

1. Crusader's of the Lost Mark

2. Slice of Life 

3. Amending Fences

4. Tanks for the Memories

5. Rarity Investigates

6. Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep

7. Made in Manehatten

8. The Mane Attraction

9. The Cutie Re-Mark

10. The Lost Treasure of Griffinstone