Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[Instrumental] Our Hapless Nadir

Makazi

• 3 weeks later...

Very, very mellow, and pretty simple, but nice. If a hint of surrealism and general melancholy is what you were trying to express with this piece, then it was done so excellently

• Brohoof 1

Awesome use of the tritone! Really gives it that surreal feel to the piece. I'm kinda getting a little sitar vibe from this piece, but nonetheless it worked perfectly!

I must ask, did you play this yourself? Or run it through a software?

Thanks! ^^ It's sequenced, as is most of my music (though sometimes I mix sequencing with live performances, such as in Fragile where the main guitar melody is sequenced because when I try to play it on guitar, the notes are just far enough apart that it causes my hand to cramp up if I try to play it, but the backing guitars are all live). My skills with the piano aren't anything impressive, and I'd say they're below mediocre--I'd go as far as to call myself ambisinister.

Sometimes I can get a piece down to an extent, but then when I hit 'record' all of my ability just dissolves away and my playing just becomes a clumsy mess. Because of this, most of the time my music-writing process is like this: I'll mess around with the piano until I find something I think sounds good, and I will actually play it. But when it comes time to record, I run it through a sequencer because I know inevitably I'm going to bollix the recording, multiple times.

I actually do have some songs where I play everything manually, however! if you want to hear them ^^

Thanks! ^^ It's sequenced, as is most of my music (though sometimes I mix sequencing with live performances, such as in Fragile where the main guitar melody is sequenced because when I try to play it on guitar, the notes are just far enough apart that it causes my hand to cramp up if I try to play it, but the backing guitars are all live). My skills with the piano aren't anything impressive, and I'd say they're below mediocre--I'd go as far as to call myself ambisinister.

Sometimes I can get a piece down to an extent, but then when I hit 'record' all of my ability just dissolves away and my playing just becomes a clumsy mess. Because of this, most of the time my music-writing process is like this: I'll mess around with the piano until I find something I think sounds good, and I will actually play it. But when it comes time to record, I run it through a sequencer because I know inevitably I'm going to bollix the recording, multiple times.

I actually do have some songs where I play everything manually, however! if you want to hear them ^^

That's pretty cool. I've been experimenting with combining my music program with a live performance.