Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why so much hatred towards Rarity ?

FrozenSpark

She is the only one from the mane 6 getting so much hate all the time and I don't understand why.

Rarity was chosen and contributed at defeating villains like Nightmare Moon, Discord, Tirek etc, so her hearth must be in the right place just like the rest of the mane 6.

In my case it took some time to understand her personality, but i never hated her like so many bronies.

• Brohoof 1

She is the only one from the mane 6 getting so much hate all the time.

You must be new here!

In MLP Forums, everyone gets multiple threads harping on some character (unfortunately).

I saw Twilight get about 5 within a month.

• Brohoof 2

Seriously...? Rarity is really big on this site.

Rarity's fanclub is the biggest by a long shot.

https://mlpforums.com/topic/4729-rarity-fan-club/

See I think the thing "most people" don't like, is that she is all about fashion, it's where her passion is. But a lot of people find that to be shallow. It doesn't help that she has a mid-Atlantic accent, AKA high/upper class accent.

I used to have that mindset when I first joined the fandom... And while Rarity might not be best pony to me, she certainly isn't the worst. You can tell friendship means as much to her as fashion.

Edited by Shimmerlicious
  • Brohoof 5

(edited)

You must be new here!

In MLP Forums, everyone gets multiple threads harping on some character (unfortunately).

I saw Twilight get about 5 within a month.

"Rarity is not generous, she is selfish, shallow" etc...I guess once in a while theres some one unhappy with some of the mane 6, but in my opinion the hate for Rarity is 10 times bigger than the hate for the rest of the mane 6 all together.

Edited by FrozenSpark

I don't hate her. She is a good friend and important character for the mane 6 and btw. one of the most beautiful ponies in MLP. But she is not my favorite pony because I have no reference to her. She likes fashion and glamour and thats definitely nothing for me. She also is sometimes a little bit to mean to Sweetie Belle, but usually, she see her error and of course, Sweetie isn't so innocent on the situations. I think some other bronies have also no reference to her because of the same reasons.

Edited by IronM17

Rarity is not generous, she is selfish, shallow etc...I guess once in a while theres some one unhappy with some of the mane 6, but in my opinion the hate for Rarity is 10 times bigger than the hate for the rest of the mane 6 all together.

Ok... So I'm confused.

If your opinion on Rarity is negative, then why do you care about her hate level opposed to the other ponies?

Ok... So I'm confused.

If your opinion on Rarity is negative, then why do you care about her hate level opposed to the other ponies?

I'm just saying what people say about her all the time thats not my opinion...

Why so many threads that don't make any sense...

Sorry if that's rude... but... I don't understand threads like this or "Twilight has no episodes." Due to the fact they are rather untrue...

Most people don't hate Rarity. Yes, she's least favorite of Mane Six for me and many, many people... Here's the thing...

Just because she is ranked last, doesn't mean I dislike her. I just like everyone else better.

I see hate, misused so much especially dealing with characters like Rarity or Applejack.  Just because I don't think your character is bae or waifu. Or I make jokes and stupid memes making fun of her... doesn't mean I hate her.

I, mysef am an Applejack fan. And I hear all the redneck hick jokes, incest jokes, and background pony jokes. That doesn't mean people dislike her. It just means she has a flaw... and people make fun of those flaws. It's life. Get use to it. 

Will there be haters? Yes, of course. If someone likes something, someone else hates it. But to say she gets a lot of hate... No way. Go talk to a Diamond Tiara Fan. You don't know hate...

• Brohoof 2

A lot of it has to due with misconceptions of the character especially with her being the fashion-loving 'girly-girl' she is(which is usually an unpopular character trope, and is what made many girl's shows unpopular in the first place)

Though nowadays I don't see nearly as much hate for the character as in the past, hell, I'd argue that she's become one of the more popular characters, especially here

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Congratulations. You noticed. If that's what you're taking away from my post so be it. Just know you missed the WHOLE picture... 

You just compared 2 different things, the hate received by one of the heroes of the show and the hate received by a bully who keeps torturing the CMC, i guess your whole point was eclipsed by something very illogical.

Edited by FrozenSpark

People have opinions and respecting them is the best option. Rarity is my #1, but I'll try to speak from an unbiased POV:

If you posted this topic, but replaced Rarity with any other pony, you'd be getting the exact same answers. I mean, everyone has their favorites and least favorites. But what people commonly fail to realize, is that "least favorite" does NOT mean, "hated". As long as people understand that, then we'll have a serious cutback in arguments over, "who is best pony."

As far as Rarity herself goes, she, like every other character is, "hated", for one reason or another. (In Rarity's case, one common reason is because she's seen as a high-class fashion lover who thinks she's above everyone, but that's not true.) But getting riled up about it isn't worth anyone's time. So the best thing we can all do, is respect each other's views and opinions, no matter how different they may be. And is someone does "hate" a character, trying to sway someone from what they believe in, isn't right, no matter how wrong one thinks it is.

At the end of the day, we all have opinions and views. If we do not agree with one another, the best thing we can do is respect each other's ways, and move on. :)

• Brohoof 2

You just compared 2 different things, the hate received by one of the heroes  of the show and the hate received by bully who keeps torturing the CMC, i guess your whole point was eclipsed by something very illogical.

Not meaning to be rude, but I'll politely correct you.

You are comparing two things that are irrelevant. See, what I said was this...

Will there be haters? Yes, of course. If someone likes something, someone else hates it. But to say she gets a lot of hate... No way. Go talk to a Diamond Tiara Fan. You don't know hate...

Explain to me what this means? Nevermind, I will. 

You said that DT gets more hate than Rarity. Well, so did I. Who deserves what? I don't know. That wasn't discussed. What You're bringing up is irrelevant and you're confusing yourself when you really shouldn't be. 

Yes, DT is hated. Moving on... Now, let's evaluate the Important part. 

Why so many threads that don't make any sense... Sorry if that's rude... but... I don't understand threads like this or "Twilight has no episodes." Due to the fact they are rather untrue... Most people don't hate Rarity. Yes, she's least favorite of Mane Six for me and many, many people... Here's the thing... Just because she is ranked last, doesn't mean I dislike her. I just like everyone else better. I see hate, misused so much especially dealing with characters like Rarity or Applejack.  Just because I don't think your character is bae or waifu. Or I make jokes and stupid memes making fun of her... doesn't mean I hate her.

I don't believe she is hated. Just because someone doesn't agree with you, or someone doesn't share your opinion or love. That doesn't mean that they are the extreme opposite. 

Hate: feel intense or passionate dislike for (someone).

Dictionary Definiton ^

Well, you imply that people express their distaste for her to extreme levels whereas; that is not true. You state a subjective fact as if it is objective, that is wrong. 

Just because I don't like something, or people have something ranked low. Doesn't mean that someone is hated. You need to brush up on this deifnition and probably be open to opinions because you sound rather close minded. Just from my standpoint, you do. So... Try not to twist my words to work towards your argument or else you won't win over any opinions to your side. Just some advice : 3

Love ya :pinkie: 

I used to hate Rarity in the first season. I thought she was whiny, manipulative, and just a bitch. But as the seasons progressed, she became much more generous and selfless, and I appreciated her humor a lot more.

• Brohoof 1

I actually disliked Rarity first because it seemed to me that Rarity cares more about the look of others than their personalities.

She insulted Applejack because she was dirty, which was rude and i first thought that Rarity maybe never really had to work really hard on something and instead of respecting that applejack cant be all that superior clean and stylish like her she just mocks her. She works very hard all the time and then get insulted for it? Yeah, Rarity can be rude sometime.

Also sometimes she just complains how the other ponys look like and often tries to change their looks for her taste.

So of course my first impression of Rarity was, that she is kind off a b****. Because it really looked like it.

She didnt looked like she would care about her friends and the only think she cared about seems to be, that everyone should appreciate her style and say that she is the most beautiful Pony.

But that was just my first impression. It changed of course over time.  :please:

• Brohoof 1

Just because you heard one or two negative remarks on her doesn't mean she's the redheaded stepchild.

It would need a whole collaboration of hatred to highlight that.

I hear negative remarks all the time : she is not generous, she is shallow, she is selfish, she is stereotype, she would marry some one for their money, can it get any worse than this ? Basically people always say her personality is awful and she doesn't know anything about her element and i don't understand why so much hostility.

I don't believe she is hated.

The reason i believe is pure hatred is because they always tell lies about her and they ASSUME she would do immoral things.

I don't think i will ever understand why anyone would do this.

The reason i believe is pure hatred is because they always tell lies about her and they ASSUME she would do immoral things. I don't think i will ever understand why anyone would do this.

Because people are people and people assume the worst in others. They're humans and humans to fault unfortunately.

And, To stay on topic. Yes, she has haters, but not that many. I don't think she's what you consider, "hated." 

The reason i believe is pure hatred is because they always tell lies about her and they ASSUME she would do immoral things.

I don't think i will ever understand why anyone would do this.

I'm going to sound like a therapist, perhaps, but "always/never" thinking is basically untrue. Also, you have no basis for your argument. You say Rarity is hated, yet no one here shares that hatred. Some examples might clarify things.

I don't know for sure, but it seems to me like Rarity's popularity has only increased over time. She may still be one of the least popular of the Mane Six overall, but the active hatred that she gets seems to be less and less, and the passion for her seems stronger than ever. Just look at her fan club here. It's something else. :proud:

Really though, you see threads like this about Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Applejack every so often. It's not just Rarity who receives irrational hatred, nor is she the only one who has fans that pity her for receiving said hate. Just remember that people who go out of their way to bash a fictional character to such extents are probably really troubled and have nothing better to do, so don't worry about it.

• Brohoof 2