Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Discord/Swirly theory - Is it still relevant?

-Inactive-

Okay, so there are a bunch of theories I have read (mostly from around season 2's era) that question if Discord was Star Swirl the bearded, but as these are from season 2, and Discord has had a much bigger role since then, can anypony find any flaws or new evidence for it by what we know now or even future episodes? and is the idea still relevent to the show's plot?

here is the evidence I gathered from a place online that support it

Whenever Discord hypnotized one of the main 6, stars swirling around appeared in the background.
When Discord hypnotized Rainbow Dash, silhouette of the maze was shown with its center being a swirl.
Whenever Discord disappears or makes things disappear, stars appear.
Both Star Swirl the Bearded and Discord have a beard.
Cheerilee stated that Discord has a pony head.
Discord traveled back in time with Twilight, and Star Swirl is the inventor of time travel spells.
There is a huge mysterious hourglass in Star Swirl the Bearded wing counting down to something.
Luna's book has stars and a swirl. During the Failure Song, there is a tower with these same markings on the sharp left (when Twilight sings "I wasn't prepared for this" for the first time).
Twilight played as Clover the Clever who was Star Swirl's apprentice.
Twilight dressed as Star Swirl in Luna Eclipsed.
Twilight said that Star Swirl is father of the amniomorphic spell. Word "amniomorphic" sounds like it has something to do with morphing (transforming) things. Obviously, Discord looks like a product of multiple, successful or not, transformations.
Discord's theater seats have stars on the edges.
Two of the three episodes next to the Crystal Empire two-parter on "Adventures in the Crystal Empire" DVD mention Star Swirl the Bearded (Luna Eclipsed and It's About Time).
Discord ruled over Equestria sometime in the past. Equestria's founding must have taken place before his reign, as Celestia and Luna were not around yet. That was also the time when Star Swirl lived. Then he would have been corrupted to Discord and took over Equestria, and then the regal sisters appeared and defeated him.

on a side note, who would actually love this theory to be explored in the show? I, for one, would quite like to see the show have that development, and (if they could do it well) the transformation from greatest wizard in Equestria, to spirit of chaos (though, it slightly feels like the comics might handle it a bit better, as they have delt with this kind of stuff before (see Fiendship is magic)... but then again, the comics have scenes which already violate the theory, and other points in the show). Thinking about Celestia-Discord Relationship and "Reflections" story arc, the two do slightly "split" from each other, which could lead up to it all... though I still want to see where exactly Star Swirl the beared went and know more about him (again, I'd prefer the comics to do it, as they have previously explored the past of MLP and done it rather well) anypony else have a specific side for how it'd be done too?

Discord is most definitely not Starswirl the bearded. I wish he was, it would of made a fantastic plot twist, but he just isn't. For one thing he has been around for Eons, which is significantly older than the princesses. Then there's that whole Tweet where Megan Mccarthy basically dispelled the theory entirely. 

Now this could get retconned, but you would have to answer a lot of questions to make sure to patch up the ensuing plot holes.