web 4chan sold to 2chan founder, Hiroyuki Nishimura

Nuke87654

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/09/21/4chan-sells-to-japanese-web-culture-pioneer-2channel/?_r=0

According to Horse News and this web link, 4chan has been sold to 2chan founder, Hiroyuki Nishimura. This is pretty big news as there were questions of 4chan's fate after Moot essentially left the site. Now this confirms that he is no longer owner of the site and is now under a new management. What would happen to 4chan's culture remains to be seen however. What do you guys think. 

• Brohoof 2

So 4chan has officially gone back by two numbers. That is...odd. :P

I have never used 4chan so I cannot comment on how I feel, though I have heard mostly bad stories of it so...I may never go to it even now.

Well, i get why you would only hear bad things about it... it's just one of those "time wasters" you check and post for fun (with any kind of people in it, any). If you want to check it out, thought, be prepared to see some really weird stuff.

However, im pretty sure it won't change that much now. i mean, by god, it hasn't change since 2004/2006 o whenever it was created...

• Brohoof 2

I've been to 4chan maybe two or three times, each time only going to /k/

Even that was pretty bad, I wish the site would just die already. 

• Brohoof 1

tumblr_ophom39tgR1qcy62fo1_250.gif

A home to the most hilarious humans and wicked monsters, from witty pseudo-intelectuals to racist knuckleheads and downright perverts. May your untold stupidity, horrid crimes, intricate tales and black humor rest in peace (or not).

But seriously speaking, give /b/ some time and they'll whip up a raid of some sort to avoid 4chan's vending.

Edited by Shadow Beam
  • Brohoof 3

I go to 4chan on a daily basis, and I personally think that they will not change anything. Just look at when Microsoft bought Minecraft, we thought they were going to screw it up and it didn't happen.

• Brohoof 1

signature made by myself.

I haven't been on 4chan in a while, but I guarantee you this will have no noticeable effect on the site.

If you want an anonymous imageboard with actual discussion, and not just brainless shitposting, there are much better alternatives to 4chan.

Just because I feel like rambling: I like the idea of anonymous discussion because you are judged by merit, not reputation. There's none of that "Well I have 500 followers and you only have 10 so I'm right" bullshit you'll see on sites like Youtube and such. It also allows you to be brutally honest. If you have an unpopular opinion, you can say it as bluntly as you want without having to worry about your reputation. If you're wrong about something, you don't have to worry about someone using that to shove off any future arguments you might make.

• Brohoof 1

...But that's just my opinion.

Isnt the /b/ directory at 4chan where the whole Brony community got started? /b/ + pony = Brony. Not Bro + Pony.

• Brohoof 1

My brother told me about his earlier, and he said that Hiroyuki Nishimura is known for being paid by companies to delete comments that said negative things about their products. In other words, censorship. I don't know if that's true or not, but if it is, then I can only imagine the outrage...

• Brohoof 2

Isnt the /b/ directory at 4chan where the whole Brony community got started? /b/ + pony = Brony. Not Bro + Pony.

It was actually /co/ where the brony fandom started on. Brony was simply a pun for bro and pony that got picked up on during one of their discussions on the show.

My brother told me about his earlier, and he said that Hiroyuki Nishimura is known for being paid by companies to delete comments that said negative things about their products. In other words, censorship. I don't know if that's true or not, but if it is, then I can only imagine the outrage...

Bingo, that's what a lot of people are worried about. He's also suspected selling user info during that one huge data leak he may have caused on 2 channel.

Edited by Nuke87654
  • Brohoof 1

Still wont be using it, though I didn't know 2chan existed.

So 4chan has officially gone back by two numbers. That is...odd. :P

Actually, it's even  B)  B)

On 4/22/2016 at 6:16 PM, The Nightly Spectre said:

One does not ask why The Questioner is awesome. One should instead ask their gods if they ever compare to the awesomeness of the one and only Questioner.

Oh, well that's something. I tend to use 4chan a lot just for shits and giggles, as well as image collecting. But to see it get sold makes me wonder what will happen to it in the future.

It also makes me question what will happen to Foolz Archive, which is 4chan's archive. It does make me sad that I have nowhere to go just to be an idiot, but it's certainly not the worst thing to happen on the Internet.

It will probably get some more restrictions because of the japanese owners but I've been on 2chan and things are crazy as poopoopants there as well. 4chan even came from 2chan in the first place so yeah. I don't use 4chan anymore anyway. they don't have lolis

• Brohoof 1

img-2823101-1-UpBh15J.png