MLP Dream Experiences & Discussion

Vinyl Scratch

I had a dream last night. It was a proper adventure dream. Pinkie was trying to get across a big lake with alligators in it. (Not the Gummy kind. ;)) Rainbow Dash was doing something else but I can't remember what. I was like seeing it all through some sort of mental link thing. It was really good. I was disappointed when I had to get up. ;)

• Brohoof 2

imavinoopssig.jpg

I got into "WILD" lucid dreaming about half a year ago have been having a lot of pony lucid dreamibg since then :') most of them beeing one of my OCs in equestria.

Please, tell me of the "WILD" lucid dreaming. Twilight was in a dream of mine last night, and there are ones where I can almost feel an entrance way to there or hear the Mane Six's voices. My mind is skirting the edges of Equestria but it's not letting me go there! I'm desperate here! . . . Okay not really, but it would still be nice.

I had a dream where Discord arrived in the real world and, despite being evil, he was so disgusted with what he saw that he snapped his fingers and rendered the entire planet incapable of growing new plant life, essentially sentencing the entire human race to death by starvation. Obviously, the various governments tried using military force but I'm sure I don't have to tell you that Discord is immune to that tactic. Eventually everybody realized that there was no way they could beat him and the only hope there was for anyone was to accept Discord as the emperor of the world, suck up to him REALLY hard, and hope that he would change his mind.

I don't really know if he did.

Good God, that's like a nightmare! If what Discord did to Ponyville was for kicks, I don't want to imagine what he would do if he was ticked off!

Please, tell me of the "WILD" lucid dreaming. Twilight was in a dream of mine last night, and there are ones where I can almost feel an entrance way to there or hear the Mane Six's voices. My mind is skirting the edges of Equestria but it's not letting me go there! I'm desperate here! . . . Okay not really, but it would still be nice.

Good God, that's like a nightmare! If what Discord did to Ponyville was for kicks, I don't want to imagine what he would do if he was ticked off!

its kinda hard getting started with WILD lucid dreaming bacuse you get a lot of halucination in the period before the dream starts, these halucinations can be like deep voices, colours or people standing in the room ;_; so it took me about 1 week of trying befor i becam used to it and actualy got to the dream phase but when you are in the dream then you can controll every singel aspect of it and everything that happends. but dont get too over exited or you will wake up, there is only 2 ways that i know of to get out of the dream and that is to make something scary happend or just shoot yourself kinda like it is in the movie inception

you can read more about it here ^^

http://www.dreamviews.com/wiki/WILD-The-Five-Phases-Of-WILD

http://www.dreamviews.com/wiki/WILD-Wake-Initiated-Lucid-Dream

the first times i tried lucid dreaming and actually got to the dream i just tried to do more simple and not so exiting thing, after a while you can have more exiting and scary dream without getting waked up

also when you wake up or fail to get into the dream it can feel as if your whole body has gone asleep because the only part of your body that is awake at that moment is actually your head. btw i recommend that you have a notepad besides your bed to write down small parts of the dream so you can remember it later on

• Brohoof 2

t3a6q.jpg

its kinda hard getting started with WILD lucid dreaming bacuse you get a lot of halucination in the period before the dream starts, these halucinations can be like deep voices, colours or people standing in the room ;_; so it took me about 1 week of trying befor i becam used to it and actualy got to the dream phase but when you are in the dream then you can controll every singel aspect of it and everything that happends. but dont get too over exited or you will wake up, there is only 2 ways that i know of to get out of the dream and that is to make something scary happend or just shoot yourself kinda like it is in the movie inception

you can read more about it here ^^

http://www.dreamview...-Phases-Of-WILD

http://www.dreamview...ted-Lucid-Dream

the first times i tried lucid dreaming and actually got to the dream i just tried to do more simple and not so exiting thing, after a while you can have more exiting and scary dream without getting waked up

also when you wake up or fail to get into the dream it can feel as if your whole body has gone asleep because the only part of your body that is awake at that moment is actually your head. btw i recommend that you have a notepad besides your bed to write down small parts of the dream so you can remember it later on

Thanks for the links. I'm already doing the writing thing and trying for total dream recall before I get to lucid dreaming. Is that a necessary step? The first thing I would do upon achieving lucidity would be to just trot around Ponyville, not something crazy like a Sonic Rainboom or anything. One last question, do your "projections" for lack of a better term interact with you naturally? Like you don't have to consciously tell Pinkie, AJ, etc. what to say in response to what you said right?

Thanks for the links. I'm already doing the writing thing and trying for total dream recall before I get to lucid dreaming. Is that a necessary step? The first thing I would do upon achieving lucidity would be to just trot around Ponyville, not something crazy like a Sonic Rainboom or anything. One last question, do your "projections" for lack of a better term interact with you naturally? Like you don't have to consciously tell Pinkie, AJ, etc. what to say in response to what you said right?

yes it would maybe be a good idea to try getting a total dream recall first. but yes at least i can interact in both way with them when i dream. i for the most part try to let the fantasy "take over" and let them say what the want to keep the conversation naturally. but when you try lucid dreaming for the first time i would suggest that you just try to be a human in the real world and just settel for smaller thing like walking trough walls or maybe flying. and after that try getting ponies to the real world or getting in to equestria ^^

also when you dream try doing reality checks to see if its real life or not. when you are lucid dreaming you can for example count your fingers or try turning on and of the lights in the room. with the counting your hands thing you should be able to count more then 10 fingers when you are dreaming or maybe fewer... and if you turn off the light it will just keep being on. there is a number of different "reality checks" you can do to see if you are dreaming or not because its bloody realistic almost more realistic then real life. good luck ! :D

edit: also there is another reality check you can do and that is to breath under water, in lucid dream you can most likely breath under water without any problems

Edited by Robojot
  • Brohoof 3

t3a6q.jpg

The night before last I dreamed there was a war going on near my house and I think Rainbow Dash was driving a tank or some kind of military vehicle. It was the first dream I've ever had where ponies were real, though I only saw her for a split second and didn't interact with her at all. Oh well, better than nothing.

F1jKB.gif

Signature by @Nico.

Come join us for movies and more! Every Friday on

Equestria.tv

yes it would maybe be a good idea to try getting a total dream recall first. but yes at least i can interact in both way with them when i dream. i for the most part try to let the fantasy "take over" and let them say what the want to keep the conversation naturally. but when you try lucid dreaming for the first time i would suggest that you just try to be a human in the real world and just settel for smaller thing like walking trough walls or maybe flying. and after that try getting ponies to the real world or getting in to equestria ^^

also when you dream try doing reality checks to see if its real life or not. when you are lucid dreaming you can for example count your fingers or try turning on and of the lights in the room. with the counting your hands thing you should be able to count more then 10 fingers when you are dreaming or maybe fewer... and if you turn off the light it will just keep being on. there is a number of different "reality checks" you can do to see if you are dreaming or not because its bloody realistic almost more realistic then real life. good luck ! :D

edit: also there is another reality check you can do and that is to breath under water, in lucid dream you can most likely breath under water without any problems

I guess I have semi-lucid dreams then. I can control myself during a dream, recall everything but in that moment I think the dream is reality(I don't like these "Reality-checks" anyways because I want to think that what I dream is real)
  • Brohoof 1

d3CXl.gif

OC was made by Princess Ariona.

Give her some brohoofs here: http://mlpforums.com/topic/22162-so-you-want-a-pony/ ;)

I guess I have semi-lucid dreams then. I can control myself during a dream, recall everything but in that moment I think the dream is reality(I don't like these "Reality-checks" anyways because I want to think that what I dream is real)

Hey! I've been trying that dream recall thing where I write down what I do remember. Though results have been . . . mixed, I think it's starting to catch.
  • Brohoof 2

The only one I have had so far that I remembered well:

I was at Sweet Apple Acres. Pinkie Pie and I were helping Applejack sprucing up the outside of the place (landscaping?). I'm not really sure what we were doing exactly, but I really hope I have more dreams like that. The best part was I interacted with Pinkie, my favorite pony. I was a stallion, but never really saw what I looked like.

Next time I'll try to remember to find out what my cutie mark was. That would be 'so awesome' to see my own cutie mark, especially if it subconsciously reflected a special talent of mine.

• Brohoof 1

I've only had one, and it was pretty short. I was basically standing around and I asked Spike, "Why do you breathe green fire, not red? And how does this function as a means of communication?" Then I woke up...

• Brohoof 3

I had a pony dream once, but it got less poniful as it went on.

At first I was hanging out in my house when suddenly Rainbow Dash just sort of appeared. We hung out for a little bit then Discord popped up and we started to dance. At some point I wandered into a haunted house while dancing, where I met the Doctor and Miles Edgeworth wearing Saxton Hale's hat.

It's not much but its my only one to date so... -_-

AnnieSiggyFINISHED2.gif

This is something I do? This is something I do.

How can you tell if you are lucid dreaming? Sometimes I have dreams where I am flying and I can choose where I am flying to.

S.V.R. Stop. Violent. Recreation,

I know it's tuff but let's all try to stop playing violent videogames, violent TV, violent thinking, and just violence in general.

Put "SVR" in your signature if you support Stop Violent Recreation!

How can you tell if you are lucid dreaming? Sometimes I have dreams where I am flying and I can choose where I am flying to.

yes that is a lucid dreaming variant called DILD

its basically that you are dreaming and when you are in the dream and are becoming aware that you are dreaming. this is a less often but easier way to lucid dream

http://stason.org/TULARC/mind/lucid-dreaming/2-10-What-is-DILD-Dream-Initiated-Lucid-Dream.html

t3a6q.jpg

Recently in my dreams:

I told my friend what a BRONY was and basicly EVERYTHING about the BRONY community in like 30 seconds then I grabbed him by the arm, tied him to the chair in front of the computer, made him watch the pilot episodes and then every other episode, all the .MOVs, all the trailer crossovers, all the fanfic readings, all the mlp fim vids in general, then I slapped him in the face for no reason and said "are you a BRONY now?" he said "HELLLLLLLLLLLL YEAH!" "BROHOOF!"

FIN

• Brohoof 3

zAlgo+sig.png

So, here's a strange dream I had last night. It involved my Hydraulics class. My normal instructor for the class is the head of the WQM program, so his many many years of experience bring a wonderful perspective to the table that really helps me enjoy the class.

In my dream, however, he was replaced with Twilight. For some reason the rest of the Mane Six were amongst my classmates, along with a few other ponies--Derpy, Lyra, the Cutie Mark Crusaders for some extremely bizarre reason(Cutie Mark Crusaders College Students?)--as well as many of the normal classmates I would have. Twilight opted to teach us about pump curves, net positive suction head, that sort of thing, rather fascinating stuff.

Instead of talking about a normal elevated water tank though, she spoke about the Cloudsdale Weather Factory, how they draw up water from the ground to help make rainclouds--apparently in my dreamcanon Cloudsdale has some pillars running up from the ground it hovers around that carry pipes, telegraph wires, and other such things--and using those examples to help teach us about NPSH and pumping in general. Pumps especially for Cloudsdale are rather large, hefty, requiring many impellers and plenty of electricity. The HP required on some of these pumps is quite high indeed, since Cloudsdale hovers several thousand feet off the ground.

Anyway it was a very weird, but fun class. The entire dream was just that, a normal class, only with ponies. Also apparently in my dreamcanon we calculate everything in the metric system...not sure why, but it made some of the math easier.

• Brohoof 3

Used to be known on here as Kyronea.

Want to read psychological analyses of the Mane Six? Start here.

In a lucid dream you can tell you are dreaming. Nothing more. If you can just fly, but you still don't know you are dreaming, then it's just a regular dream

In a lucid dream you can tell you are dreaming. Nothing more. If you can just fly, but you still don't know you are dreaming, then it's just a regular dream

some flying dreams i dont but some i do.

S.V.R. Stop. Violent. Recreation,

I know it's tuff but let's all try to stop playing violent videogames, violent TV, violent thinking, and just violence in general.

Put "SVR" in your signature if you support Stop Violent Recreation!

Just a heads-up, don't mix-up controlled dream and lucid dream.

"Controlled" means you can influence your actions, sometimes even the environment. "Lucid" just means you're aware that you're dreaming, for example if you notice something's wrong.

The two aren't mutually exclusive of course; in fact, a lucid dream is very often controlled. But sometimes, you can be able to move at will (controlled), but not notice you're in a dream (lucid).

yes that is a lucid dreaming variant called DILD

I totally saw an additional 'O' there. I'm so dirty, it's not even funny.

Sorry for straying. I'll stop dogging you now.

/lamepun

• Brohoof 1

I take writing commissions.

"Nerds build the world, artists decorate it, warriors protect it, leaders talk everyone into doing their jobs." -me, 3 Nov 2017

"That's not a pie, that's a pastry with an identity crisis!" ~Jeric

Just a heads-up, don't mix-up controlled dream and lucid dream.

"Controlled" means you can influence your actions, sometimes even the environment. "Lucid" just means you're aware that you're dreaming, for example if you notice something's wrong.

The two aren't mutually exclusive of course; in fact, a lucid dream is very often controlled. But sometimes, you can be able to move at will (controlled), but not notice you're in a dream (lucid).

I totally saw an additional 'O' there. I'm so dirty, it's not even funny.

Sorry for straying. I'll stop dogging you now.

/lamepun

Thank's for explaining this, now I know I am controlled dreaming but not lucid(and I like it that way the most ;) ) :)

d3CXl.gif

OC was made by Princess Ariona.

Give her some brohoofs here: http://mlpforums.com/topic/22162-so-you-want-a-pony/ ;)

I just had the BEST pony dream ever! I dreamed that my whole class watched my little pony! It was before the airing of the 19th episode, and I was gonna go watch some projection of the episode with some people, and found out that my entire class (plus people I didn't know) were there! All ready to watch a projection of the livestream of the episode! I was like, wtf! how the hell did this happen, you people said you hated it! And they were like, yeah, but now we liked it, and said that one of the teachers had introduced it to them.

I must admit I was rather dissapointed cause I wanted to be the one to turn them into bronies, and be the first bronie in school, but still, it was AWESOME! (School starts in two weeks, we're in summer vacation right now). They had a little pony class where they asked the names of certain ponies, and I knew everything because I had been a brony for longer, and I felt like an expert! I was the only able to name Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake!

Then I woke up

• Brohoof 2

How does one "get" a pony dream? There are so many described in this thread, I am positively jelly.

It's very difficult, it takes a lot of training. And even with a lot of practicing, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to do it more than every week or so.

Anyway, I had a dream last night, but ponies only made a brief appearance.

I was gliding along a highway bearing a paintbrush like a sword (must've been the hours of Okami I played yesterday) when Big Mac ran past me. The dream turned lucid at that point, but sadly I had limited control and couldn't influence a thing beyond my own actions.

I take writing commissions.

"Nerds build the world, artists decorate it, warriors protect it, leaders talk everyone into doing their jobs." -me, 3 Nov 2017

"That's not a pie, that's a pastry with an identity crisis!" ~Jeric

My dream:

Before the times of the mane six, Celestia still had yet to grow from her early stages... a small filly with pink hair, recently endorsed with her royal garments. Back during this period of time, many different species existed, with the absence of holy war; this included humans. She found herself among these two-legged intelligent animals, and spent much time among them. Every day she would meet them, one after another, which only increased her interest. FOGGY PART After she had met this young man, she realized that, no matter what species, no matter what animal conversed, there was always a possibility for friendship. She had taught herself the first lesson to becoming the god of not only the sun, but of friendship, a growing fire greater than what she already held.

Second part of my dream(Wow! Two pony dreams in one night!):

Rarity, some person, and I were sitting at this small patio marble table, conversing about our small lives. I had the notion(somehow) that she had held this pin, a very special pin. This pin was given to Rarity by an old admirer of her's, and despite how much she liked him back, she never wore it anymore. Being as polite as possible, I calmly asked Rarity, "Sorry if this is too personal, but why don't you wear the pin your old lover gave you anymore?" With that question, she bolted back into the house, we(the two people) could tell that this was not in sadness, neither was it in frustration, but in embarrassment. She was practically blushing so much that the house turned red. Within the house, she broke into song about why she did not wear this pin. At this point I forgot the entire song, it was very nice though, it rhymed, and had a very slow tune to it. During the song, she came out riding upon a pony stick, representing a Pegasus, and his or her function to fly(which was related to the song).

I still do not understand what these dreams mean.

• Brohoof 2

Great adventuring for great treasures!....Except when I'm hurt...

2ecztr5.png