Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

paradoxical

At the end of the episode we see a new Diamond Tiara, one who wants friends.  I don't argue that, but I do argue that she is not in the least bit redeemed.

Look at her explanation

1st off she lies about always knowing that she could get ponies to do what she wants.

2nd she phrases her cutie mark pretty scummily.  Not, I can convince ponies to do things, but "what I want."

I'd say that just as the CMC have slightly grown, DT also has slightly grown.  She's taken on a different goal; having friends.  But she isn't redeemed and she doesn't get how to have friends ('scluding bribes, of course).
  • Brohoof 1

It was her mother. Now we really know the truth. She was brainwashed by her mother to despise low class ponies and even bring Silver Spoon down with her. I'm thinking that DT's parents became separated at some point. I mean look, Filthy Rich, started from somewhat humble beginnings, considering his father, Stinking Rich, had a major inheritance. 

So...Diamond Tiara is "almost" reformed. She stood up to her mother, so that's a major step, and also stated that the CMC's cutie marks were amazing, even though they were Ponyville ponies. So, she'll probably be fully redeemed by the end of Season 5. 

• Brohoof 1

I think we'll have to see more of her to tell if she has been reformed or not, but it seems like it's a yes. I like the idea that she was trying to be the perfect daughter for her mother, thus doing all the things she did, a better explanation for her bullying rather than "she's the bully character so she must always do it". :P

Judging by the heavy cliche behind her reasons for being a bully, I'd say yes. After the "no you don't control me" speech against the parent who makes them bad, they are usually reformed afterwards and win the respect of all their ex-victims.

I still hope to see DT's quirks every now and then where the "snobby remarks" pop up at random, but she takes them back

Edited by Princess Sunset

I still hope to see DT's quirks every now and then where the "snobby remarks" pop up at random, but she takes them back

Pretty much this. She'll still have a few rough edges for awhile but loosing Silver Spoon for a while really did shock her so I don't think she'll allow herself to slip back into her old routine again.

I consider her int he same vein as Discord currently. She is not completely reformed, she still has things to learn that cannot be learned just from one moment of 'OMG Friendship'. To me, that is exciting, I would love to see her have to tackle some issues with friendship that she never had to deal with before because she clearly did not care. I sense a really sweet moment between her and Silver Spoon, a moment where Diamond has to apologize and try to make up for all that she did and convince Silver to be nice as well. Wouldn't that be AWESOME? :D Yup.

She still has struggles ahead but hey, character growth is one of this shows great things.

• Brohoof 2

I believe so, because I believe Diamond Tiara was pressured by her mom to bully the CMC, then she got use to it. One of those ponies thathave too much pride to that, they hide problems associated with them. :wat:

She's rebelled against the one who was pressuring her to bully the CMC. As well as the rest of the class. :)