Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[SPOILERS] The Royal Canterlot Wedding: Restoration of Harmony

Viscra Maelstrom

so i watched the season finale. and holy fucking god my goodness, it was good.

so what to do with such momental amounts of gasps and awe?

make a poem about it, of course!

tis been a long time since i did any of this. thank you, creativity, for finally striking the lightning rod that is my brain, again!

it's a bit back and forth of the evilness of this episode (Queen Chrysalis taking form and spreading terror across Canterlot, minions feasting on equine hearts love, taking form of fellow background ponies... wait what am i doing here?) to the all-is-well-wedding at the end (when Chrysalis and her minions are defeated, and the REAL wedding can take form). they're separated from each other by the "---" that's located throughout the different paragraphs, until it finally reaches a climax (change in paragraph structure, supposed to be sort of hummed to the tune of Art of the Dress, because AofD is best pony... song, that is. la dee dooooo daaaaa wasting paranthesis space OH NOES), which is pretty obvious to spot when it arrives.

all in all, i had great fun with this. and if you read this, and get the LEAST kind of goosebumps out of it, i have succeeded with writing it.

anyways, enough boring talk! lets just get this over with! (like any of you even writes all the technical stuff about art, anyway. who cares about that? just jump into thiiiiings and be done with already! OH HEY LOOK MORE PARANTHESIS SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE! SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE! GETTing bored of wasting space)

--- The Royal Canterlot Wedding: Restoration of Harmony, by Viscra Maelstrom ---

Assemble form, Chrysalian beings!

Feast upon love, their equine hearts!

Shrivel in fear, mares and gentlecolts!

For the bride and broom has yet to kiss!

---

Make room for marriage of highest court

One Princess Cadence and General Armor

Forever united, through wet and dry

Their marriage is sure to make to cry

---

Harvest the love! Crush the barrier!

Make the royal kingdom fall!

Not love, but lust, pollutes the air!

The lust - oh lust! - for total dominion!

---

As ye are gathered, in royal hall

Make room for the bride, don't make her stall

Oh crusaders of the mark, mark your positions

For the royal princess, who makes her entrance

---

Stall the ponies! Halt their path!

Make sure not a single one trots through!

Mirror their blows! Lend them down!

Crush the loyal Spirits of Harmony!

---

Slowly abiding, not to stress

Royal princess hooves the carpet

Eye to eye, and step by step

Oh dreams of wonder, just almost there!

---

Capsule the princess! Capture the spirits!

Kingdom of Canter, you have been defeated!

Accept your fate, and meet your doom!

For the love of equine, has conquered all!

Hoof by hoof!

Horn to horn!

Mare by colt!

Love to love!

Conquering!

Magical!

Powering!

Enveloped!

Love, for it shall conquer all!

---

... For by the powers of love

To the strength of commitment

Your magnetic enticement

And restoration of harmony

I hereby pronounce you...

... Mare and colt!

• Brohoof 7

I actually just made up a song that fits this perfectly when reading this. If you want, I can compose one and play Piano/Violin/Viola/Add some techno effects and record/fix it up, we can find a singer to overlay on it, and we can have a damned cool song. They lyrics are already awesome, there.

I actually just made up a song that fits this perfectly when reading this. If you want, I can compose one and play Piano/Violin/Viola/Add some techno effects and record/fix it up, we can find a singer to overlay on it, and we can have a damned cool song. They lyrics are already awesome, there.

someone wants to make a song

based off my creative writing

• Brohoof 1

Very good. It's one of the rare poems where you rhyme a bit. Of course poetry doesn't imply rhyme, but I dunno, it feels more complete to me that way.

I like the part where you refer to the CMC as "crusaders of the mark", or the image "Mirror their blows!" as they did exactly that and acted like mirrors.

Edited by Feather Spiral

It's a haiku as that would be the easiest to write because you don't have to rhyme so you have more freedom with you can write. Well at least I think it is. You don't seem to be following any syllables rule.

I don't see a problem with that though, it's a nice poem and I enjoyed reading it and did give me chills (though I am sitting in a cold room :P).

• 2 weeks later...