Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Acne

Vicke

Hey there.

Just wanted to know if you guys ever had any experience with acne.

We all know this is an all-age froum so im pretty sure we either had acne or going to get it.

So feel free to give any advice on how to avoid it and all that :D

Me myself had pretty nasty acne,i got bullied in school from it and i had a very hard time sleeping because of it. i really dont want to get into any details about it, but i think we all know where im going at,aye?

I tried everything to cure it. It went from ointments to pills, nothing worked. And as the time went on, i got more and more scars from it.

In the end, the doctors finaly gave me a prescription to the most brutal pills, but the guaranteed the acne would go away. It had alot of nasty side effekts like you might lose your sight and such.

But i took the chanse and yes, the acne finaly got off me, after 5-6 years of struggling with it!

I still have some nasty scars from it but it feels great to be free from it :D

So have you any experience with acne?

Edited by Vicke
  • Brohoof 3

I have mild acne, I have tried just about everything under the sun (aside from whatever it is you took apparently). It just won't go away, I sort of just hope it will dissapear on its own. :/

Side effects like the loss of sight!?

Dear lord, that's definitely not worth it for the sake of removing some acne.

Oh, and scars...they're the result of scratching at the acne. Which is why everyone always says not to touch it :S

(edited)

Side effects like the loss of sight!?

Dear lord, that's definitely not worth it for the sake of removing some acne.

Oh, and scars...they're the result of scratching at the acne. Which is why everyone always says not to touch it :S

Lets just say that the acne i had was some of the worst.

It was no little zits like normal acne.

And the chanse of that happening was like 1 out of a 1000.

I have mild acne, I have tried just about everything under the sun (aside from whatever it is you took apparently). It just won't go away, I sort of just hope it will dissapear on its own. :/

I will. Trust me on that one. Edited by Vicke

Luckily, I have my mums "no pimples" gene.

*wipes forehead thankfully*

My mom has that gene too...But I got my dad's genes...

I have some pretty awful acne. I've been cruising by knowing that there are plenty of kids at my school with worse... And the fact my scars don't show up that much, and they heal pretty quickly. I'm so sick of it really... I get the pimples that most people get, and most the time I go against my better judgement and pop 'em. Sometimes I get a scar or two, but it fades after a week or two. But along with those, I get these freakishly deep want-to-stab-myself things... Like a spider crawled into my skin and bit something on the inside of my face, leaving a giant pimple-ish thing buried under oodles of skin. Again, against my better judgement, I try to get rid of the 'thing.' I can't really NOT do it, there's a really hard and really heavy 'thing' under my face, sometimes leaving a callus-esque thing wherever it is.

My mom keeps giving me random medications... I keep thinking she's overreacting (again, there are plenty of kids with worse,) but I'm sure she's not (having eight voices in your head makes it hard to reason with yourself :P.) But nothing works. Sure it helps a bit, but nothing can just get rid of it. So, like any other "you're growing up" question/concern I had, I consulted the internet!

Something that really helped a bunch was (don't laugh) honey.

Yeah, I made that face too when I heard of it, and they also said not to laugh.

But seriously, it's worth a shot. Just slather some honey (some say organic honey is better, but Wal-Mart generic brand worked for me) on your face like a mask, and leave it there for a half-hour or so; then wash it off with warm-hot water. I turned on Netflix and watched a few episodes of things, sometimes leaving the honey on for more than three hours...It doesn't hurt to leave it on super-long, it just gets on your nerves when your nose starts to itch. Anywho, I read that honey is an antiseptic, a moisturizer, full of vitamins, and a bunch of other good stuff.

Like I said, it's worth a shot. I did it once a day, and after the first time I did it, I saw an improvement right away. If nothing improves after a couple days, you can stop...I'm sure your parents will think you're crazy (I know mine did.)

Something else I found out, is that I have super-tight pores...Like always. My nose being the tightest part of my face. I'm thinking it's because I thought sweating was stupid, and I would always "hold it" until nobody was looking; to me, sweating would destroy any element of sex-appeal I had (I'm not necessarily "turned-off" by sweat, but I know for a fact many other people are.) This left all sorts of 'gunk' able to build up. Sweating opens pores; and the sweat cleans the pores. So, it may sound gross (and believe me, I'm trying to be gentle with this subject,) but a good help for me was making sure I do sweat. It's hard to break a bad habit, let alone a subconscious habit (subconsciously deciding not to sweat...ever,) but when I'm mostly alone, or in a room full of sweaty people...I decide it'd be OK to sweat...even just a little.

Probably the most important thing I've done to somewhat "control" my face is drinking tons of water. I live in a very dry area. So naturally, I'm always dry. I'm not always thirsty though... I don't know the scientific process for this, but drinking water helps.

Now, people may tell other people to avoid greasy food...Which definitely will help... But I love bacon too much. End of discussion.

Lastly, I suppose just remembering good hygiene will help out. Showering often, washing your face, etc.

I wish I were better at following my own advice...But I only did each of these for like a week or so at a time, my face got better...Then I stopped for a week and my face explodes. They all work...I just can't seem to remember to do them or "get around to it."

I have heard of some simple things that are supposed to work like magic, such as sleeping with a clean towel as pillow cover or something, washing your face and using moisturizing creams a certain number of times every day...

I remember applying this benzoyl peroxide when I was younger and had some acne, but if I just forget about that stuff and avoid touching my face, I seem to have an okay skin now lol

Though it seems to vary on everyone, and I think genes play an important role here indeed, so it would be better to go to a dermatologist first instead of following my advice :3

Never got acne during puberty but now that I'm on my early twenties their starting to show up more than I would like. To be fair people still think I'm 14, so that's good? maybe?

Well, puberty hit me like a train in the 4th-8th grade. I had all my acne back then. I remember being picked on by all my class-mates. It was a horrible experience, but eventually, I got a hold of some Proactive to clear my acne up.

And now, I don't have any acne, but unfortunately, many of my highschool friends are, "acne ridden". All I can say, is wash your face often and use some sort of acne clearing medicine such as Proactive. :)

I am currently suffering with terrible acne. It's all over my back and chest, not to mention face and neck. I'm often teased about it and it makes me feel ugly.

I am currently taking Testralysal/Lymecycline/Tetracycline pills (i have no idea what they're called) to get rid of them, but their effects take a LOOONG time to kick in properly

i have or used to have a bad case of acne, but i am currently using Isotretinoin orifarm (Roaccutane) and my face is nearly cleared from acnes so this is a big improvement. i still got 3 months left of the cure and when the last 3 months have passed i will be cleared of them all. i have to take 3 pills each day and the side effects list is massive but luckly the only side effects i get is that my skin is very dry and i'm very very tired in the morning.

my sister used this medicine a few years ago and i don't ever see an acne in her face anymore.

the best way to get rid of pimples and acne is as follows

just stop giving a damn

only care if they start being painfull like some can example my sisters.... :mellow:

• Brohoof 1

I can't remember exactly but I think I might of had a small amount of ache and I did get pimples from time to time but it's gone now

I asked my doctor once and he said to get something with 5% of benzoyl peroxide in it. I had this face wash I'd use now and again and that seems to have done something.

• 11 months later...

Omg I hate freaking acne! It gets all over me and my face and everything and I look absolutely horrible >_>. Seriously I have so much acne compared to the majority of others at school, and I'm already not the most pretty face ever, but my acne just makes me look horrible :/. Seriously i'm so ugly with it.

The stuff I end up using never really helps very much, that or it irritates my skin and/ or dries it up.

Acne is definitely one of the more annoying things.

• Brohoof 1

I had some issues with acne in the past, but found a great solution. A sandblaster usually clears my face right up. Here's what I look like after a treatment:

geoff-peterson.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I used to have bad acne on my face, but Proactiv for the face works really well (caveat below). Only problem is that you gotta be careful around benzoyl peroxide, because it can bleach fabric. 

I have naturally oily skin, so I need to wash it more often to keep it clean. The upside is that apparently this means I won't get as many wrinkles and I'll age better when I'm older...so that's a plus I guess. Doesn't do much for me now, though. :P

Bacne on the other hand...I don't have a lot, but what I do have can get very painful. And the Proactiv scrub I got for my back doesn't seem to work well. I just started taking zinc and taking cooler showers. Hope that helps. 

My acne can get pretty bad...no matter how much I shower, use ointment (sometimes), scrub the ever living crap out of my face, it's always there. ;_; It won't go away. I guess I'll wait a few years.

• Brohoof 1