Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Were the Creators Inspired By 'Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch'?

MermaidPony

Hey!
This topic might be false!
---
Hey there, fans of Equestria Girls!

I love all of the 'Equestria Girls' movies (3 by now), but I also noticed a few things that made the connection to an anime show called 'Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch'.

First connection: Sunset Shimmer
in the first season of 'Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch', during the whole time, the evil was motivated by someone named Sara. Sara's behavior is a lot like Sunset Shimmer, who was in the first movie an enemy. towards the end of  'Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch', Sara became a good person and fixed her own mistakes by singing with the rest of the mermaids, a lot like Sunset Shimmer, and in both cases, they defeated the evil. When the mic fell towards Sunset, it is a lot like Sara, who took over her fear and sang wiith the other mermaids. Also, not to mention, red and yellow create orange, which is Sara's 'color'...

Second connection: The Sirens
Altough in 'Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch' the mermaids are good, the sirens are a lot like the mermaids. They have this pendant, that without it, they can't transform or sing, their voices are enchanting, and the look. You see, the Mermaid Melody trio are Hanon, Lucia (pronounced Luchia) and Rina. Lucia's hair is blonde, but in her human form, her hair is not similar to Adagio's hair color. Adagio's siren form color is a lot like Lucia's hair color when Lucia is a mermaid. Aria's 'color' might be purple, but the green stripes in her hair can resemble Rina, or, Aria can resemble Karen, the 4th mermaid, who's color is purple. and Sonata- her voice is very childish, like Hanon, the second mermaid, and her baby blue color can resemble Hanon's aqua color. Also, inside the mermaid pendants there is a pearl, which can resemble The Dazzlings's gems.

(Click on the images for a larger image)

Lucia vs Adagio:
Fotor_Created_Lucia.jpg

Hanon vs Sonata:
Fotor_Created_Hanon.jpg

Rina (green)/Karen (purple) vs Aria:
Fotor_Created_Rina_Karen.jpg

Pendant comparing:
Fotor_Created_Pendant.jpg
Third connection: Sheshe and Mimi

Another thing we can relate is Sheshe and Mimi, who are the villains in MMPPP. The sirens, in their siren form, have these gills- just like Sheshe and Mimi, who also sing as a weapon.

Forth connection: The Rainbooms number

The rainbooms are 6 girls (without Sunset Shimmer), exactly like the mermaids from MMPPP, and as I said, Sunset Shimmer can represent Sara, or Seira (the mermaid who replaces Sara in the second season, the second season is also known as 'Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch Pure'.), because when Sunset shimmer is joining them, they become 7- EXACTLY like MMPPP.

Fifth connection: Vice principal Luna: She reminds a lot of Nikola (or Nikora), because Luna's character in Equestria Girls seemed a bit tough for me, just like Nikola. Nikola is the responsible adult, like vice principal Luna, who is in charge of the school (alongside principal Celestia).

*Not Equestria Girls related connection: Celestia

Both in Equestria Girls and MLP, Celestia is strong, has a flowing, beautiful hair, and in MLP, her skin color is white- a lot like Aqua Regina, which is strong, has a flowing and beautiful hair, and always wears white. Their intentions are always horribly good, and altough they are powerful, they can't destroy all of the evil in the world.

The elementrs of harmony

in MMPPP, they do not have this 'elements of harmony', but they do have their pearls, and they do represent harmony.

If there will be any more connections, I will edit (if I can, I'm new here)

I hope people comment and share their thoughts!

*I never said the creators were stealing ideas.*

I don't think so, Magical Girls with musical powers isn't exactly uncommon.

Besides, if it was influenced by anything, I'd say it was more influenced by Jem and the Holograms(especially with it being a Hasbro property and all)

It's probably not directly based off of anything, but keep in mind that FiM does take roots from Magical Girl culture, Equestria Girls even more so since they are actual humans. And I thought it was ironic when Sailor Mars defeated a Siren with a fire phoenix attack.

Edited by EmeraldSkies

Probably not.

Those are most likely strange coincidences.

I don't really think that series in particular had any thing to do with Rainbow Rocks. 

Jem on the other hand I could see having some involvement though.