Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Inspiring line of words/quotes.

Feeling down low?  :blush: 

I always seem to find a specific line of words or a quote to cheer me up and give me that boost I need. I have one fav. in particular, which is how I live my life.

Here it is;

"You don't have to sit around complaining about the way your life has wound up. Think of all the time you waste and time's a precious thing to let go by! Sure, you've hit the bottom - but remember you'll be building from the ground up! Every day's another step that takes you even closer to the sky, so suck it up, be a man and give a try!"

What about you? Do you know any inspirational line of words/quotes?  :catface:

Edited by Guest

this is just asdf filller

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

• Brohoof 17

"It's not important how long you live, it's what you accomplish with your life"

Grovyle, "In the future of darkness"

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky

I never expected to find something so philosophically deep in a Pokemon game, but when I found it, the more I thought about it, the more I realised about the truth of these words and the others spoken by Grovyle in the game.

• Brohoof 4

These are not really inspirational, but it's from my (recently deceased) child hood hero.

"Kid, if you need booze or drugs to enjoy life to the fullest; you're doing it wrong"

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. it's not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel alone."

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it"

"Death is nature's way of saying "your table is ready""

-Robin Williams 

• Brohoof 7

"I hope you see things that startle you.  I hope you feel things you never felt before.  I hope you live a life you're proud of.  If you find that you're not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again."

-Eric Roth

"Having more time on our hands doesn't mean we'll take a different road, find all the answers and change into the person we always hoped we could be. Our longing to have more time is completely natural but all we really have is now."
- Marc Byrd

"You need the dark to show the light"
-Bob Ross
  • Brohoof 2

"True friends stab you in the front-- if they ever stab you at all."

Oscar Wilde

"They don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care."

Nicholas Gumbel

"Drink because you are happy, but never because you are miserable."

Gilbert K. Chesterton

"Irritate your subordinates. It's really fun."

Sun Tzu

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

Oh, man, the best speech of all time.

In seriousness, my favorite quote is by Gandhi.  "Be the change you want to see in the world."  I try to live by that.

"After all that we've said and done, the sky still gives us the sun every morning when we wake up."

- "Clouds" by Kaddisfly

Edited by Rivendare

“You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.”
― Tom Hiddleston

I absolutely adore this man. <3

• Brohoof 2

Life isn't just about passing on your genes. We can leave behind much more than just DNA. Through speech, music, literature and movies...what we've seen, heard, felt...anger, joy and sorrow...these are the things I will pass on. That's what I live for. We need to pass the torch, and let our children read our messy and sad history by its light.We have all the magic of the digital age to do that with. The human race will probably come to an end some time, and new species may rule over this planet. Earth may not be forever, but we still have the responsibility to leave what traces of life we can. Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing. - Solid Snake, MGS2

DARN IT! I wanted to post that XD

I like that too, kind of sad but still good

Life's end...

Isn't it beautiful? It's almost tragic. When life ends, it gives off a final lingering aroma. Light is but a farewell gift from the darkness to those on their way to die. - The Boss, MGS3

• Brohoof 1

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."

-Ayrton Senna

Edited by Vulon Bii

''It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness.''

- Phil Lester.

''Listen, smile, agree. And then do whatever the fuck you were gonna do anyway.''

- Robert Downey Jr.

"Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win."

- Stephen King.

“We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.”

- Oscar Wilde.

"Worse than telling a lie is spending your whole life staying true to a lie."

- Robert Brault.

Criminal Minds is a good show.

I have heard most of the quotes from Criminal Minds.

Every beginning and ending in the tv show has a quote.

• Brohoof 4

• 3 weeks later...

From the historical romance novel based on actual historical characters Romance of the Three Kingdoms:

"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me."

- Cao Cao

"I'd rather the world betray me, but I won't betray the world." 

- Liu Bei

• Brohoof 1

“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” -- African Proverb

“The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” -- William Arthur Ward

“Dad, I left my heart up there.” -- Francis Gary Powers

• Brohoof 2