Inspiring line of words/quotes.

• 1 month later...

Here's a few good, though maybe not inspirational, quotes from one of the most agreeable political voices of our time: Noam Chomsky.

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."

"Changes and progress very rarely are gifts from above. They come out of struggles from below."

"Everybody's so worried about terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way; stop participating in it."

Edited by Duzzkey

you know yourself better than anybody else in this world.

you're your own best friend, and you're not treating your best friend very well.

learn to love yourself and you'll never be alone.

• Brohoof 1

There are some good ones in dialogue from Star Trek Online, many are about how doing something small can still make you vital to the whole world.

• "I have no great victories in battle and there are no songs sung of my deeds. But everyone, from the lowliest bekk to the Chancellor himself, has need of my services. Tell me where you want to go, warrior, and I will transport you there." -Qo'noS First City transporter officer, whose role may appear insignificant but contributes to everyone throughout the social spectrum
  • "There is a nobility to being a soldier. When I enter battle, I know I could be killed. I know that others will die at my hands. But that is what we must do. It is part of being a soldier.
    Civilians are not part of this unspoken agreement. They do not wake up each day and know in their hearts it could be their last. They should be out of bounds as targets for people like you and me. - There is no honor in fighting someone who is unprepared to fight back." -Tran, the Breen medic
  • "Be at peace with yourself. - You are not perfect. You will be tempted. You will act against the teachings of the Prophets. - Understand that these things will happen, and accept them. Acknowledge your failings. - The reed that grows in still water will snap when the wind begins to blow." -Proclamations of the Prophet Renun; religious scripture assuring Bajorans that having moments of weakness is okay as long as you pick yourself back up
  • "Prudence is not cowardice." -Worf, during preparations for the activation of an ancient alien gateway on New Romulus
  • "There is no need to shout when a whisper carries more meaning." -Ramir, right before a covert operation

Miscellaneous

• "You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should have behaved better." -Anne Lamott
  • "It may be that you are not yourself luminous, but you are a conductor of light. Some people without possessing genius have a remarkable power of stimulating it. I confess, my dear fellow, that I am very much in your debt." Sherlock Holmes, in the Hound of the Baskervilles, recognizing that strength does not always show itself with just your own achievements
  • "If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together." -African proverb, which likely doesn't mean you should necessarily get married, but you will need all the help you can get in life
  • "There's nothing patriotic about corruption and cover-ups... or defending them. But exposing them, well, that takes a hero." -Captain America's words to Patriot
  • tumblr_inline_nmz0exwzgP1sjh1ps_500.jpg
  • tumblr_mz0ms6oiLF1r23o2mo9_500.gif(PS: I don't know this man's name, so if you know it, please post it here, thank you)

Sometimes life is like this dark tunnel, you can’t always see the light at the end of the tunnel, but if you just keep moving, you will come to a better place.

Iroh is just so wise and kind. This is my favourite line from all. Others are:

• Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not.
  • It is usually best to admit mistakes when they occur, and to seek to restore honor.
  • While it is always best to believe in one’s self, a little help from others can be a great blessing.
  • You never know how things are going to work out. But if you keep an open mind and an open heart, I promise you will find your own destiny someday.
  • You must never give into dispair. Allow yourself to slip down that road and you surrender to your lowest instincts. In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength.
  • There is nothing wrong with letting people who love you, help you.
  • Sometimes the best way to solve your own problems is to help someone else.
  • Many things that seem threatening in the dark Become welcoming when we shine light on them.
Edited by Hierok
  • Brohoof 2

• 8 months later...

Take this for what its worth from Max Payne:

Everything was subjective. There were only personal apocalypses. Nothing is a cliché when it's happening to you.

"Everyone matters, we were all created equally, all having our own strengths and challenges." - Clayne Crawford (on Twitter)

This quote means so much to me. Not only did it help me realize what a true hero is, but it's very true. Everyone does have their own strengths and challenges. :wub:

Edited by Team Clayne

• 2 weeks later...

Wait wait wait

I'll go to my Twitter to get it

"So remember, the next time you imagine something, no matter how simply you start, there is a universe waiting to be created." By David Baszucki, CEO and Founder of Roblox

• 5 months later...

Bruce Lee - "Obey the principles without being bound by them."

"To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities."

"Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick."