Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's you're story

hughpony

Hello, 

I am getting interested in the Brony community, and would be really keen to do a short interview with you about your Brony community,

Where did your interest in Brony culture begin?
Do you consider it a way of creating a new world?
What do you think is the future of Brony culture/what is your dream for it?

Thanks for answering, I'm really interested in what you're experience is,
Please be nice :)
Hugh
  • Brohoof 1

I became Brony last summer.

Have been aware that bronies are a thing about 2 years but I started find out facts last summer because I wanted to know if there even was real reason to hate it. (Yes, I was anti-brony) And whoops I became brony. 

No.

Nothing special really.

• Brohoof 1

I became Brony last summer.

Have been aware that bronies are a thing about 2 years but I started find out facts last summer because I wanted to know if there even was real reason to hate it. (Yes, I was anti-brony) And whoops I became brony. 

No.

Nothing special really.

I was an anti-brony too. Infact I don't love ponies so much that I am a brony, I just like the show. I prefer reality shows, myself.
  • Brohoof 1

@@hughpony

Just letting you know this was moved to Sugarcube Corner as it addressed the fandom.

Thanks. :)

• Brohoof 1

Where did your interest in Brony culture begin? Do you consider it a way of creating a new world? What do you think is the future of Brony culture/what is your dream for it?

1. June of 2014, after hearing more and more of it.

2. Not at all, it's just something I like.

3. It'll probably stay somewhat the same, I don't really have a 'dream' for it.

Hello,

I am getting interested in the Brony community, and would be really keen to do a short interview with you about your Brony community,

Thanks for answering, I'm really interested in what you're experience is,

Please be nice :)

Hugh

1. I started watching the show, and then found the fandom.

2. No, just as a fun part of this world.

3. I'm not really sure, really just hoping it continues until Gen 5, and that Gen 5 will be good and keep the fandom alive.

When I came upon a PMV, this one to be precise:

It was linked to me indirectly as part of another video I was watching and it caught my interest because of the sound of the song. I thought it was a part of the actual show. Imagine my surprise when I followed it to its source to be a fan tribute. What truly caught me off guard was how much I revisited it, especially considering I didn't even like the majority of the songs used.

Was it the animation that offset the unpleasant aspects of the songs? Was it just how well they were mixed? Come to think of it, why would someone put this much obvious talent and effort into this subject material. Unlike some of my peers, I was not ill intended to the My Little Pony franchise as I do have some fondness for the movies as a very young child and as a lover of Disney, hating on something just because it's made for kids would be hypocritical of me.

After my curiosity became too much, I looked up the show on TVTropes.org and found out not only about the brony fandom for the first time but that it was made by Lauren Faust.

"Well, with that creative team and an adult fanbase, this show must be pretty good." So I popped on the pilot and I never looked back.

A bit of a stretch but, yes, I do. I think it's more accurate to say the show and fandom are powerful forces of positive personal change, and it just so happens that this touched a LOT of people and it takes LOTS of people to change the world.

I would also recommend for you, that you use other sources for this survey. Much as these forums are my favorite site on the web, they do have quite a lot of neigh sayers that I don't think speak well to the very real good the community and the show has done and is capable of. I would recommend actually Equestria Daily staff and contributors for more or less the central pillar of the fandom, devientart, and ironically enough, Youtube. The number of brony musicians and brony analysts that post there are the paragons of our community, in my humble opinion.

I think we will endure. Fandoms have kept going long after their source material has ended and its cultural ubiquity has passed. Prime example? There are conventions, full blown conventions with booths, panels, and cosplayers based on the Big Lebowski. A single film that even as oddball, surreal, and off beat as one would expect from the Coen Brothers, is still grounded in series of events that take place in a world that resembles ours.

With the kind of passion, talent, and as I said, how much it's changed peoples lives for the better, I have no problem buying that I will be going to Bronycon with my wife and kids one day.

P.S. If you wish to know more, by all means send me a PM, I would gladly volunteer as much info as I can just as a "since season one" veteran brony who's not lost his passion and indeed "fandom patriotism."

My interest began when some friends liked the show back in 2012-13 and were heavily enagaged in it.  I for some reason enjoy things like mlp sometimes.  Took me until late 2014 until I actually pulled the trigger on the show.

I dont consider it a new world its just a fandom and show I really like

I dont know.  I hope it continues