Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Another My Little Pony Based Game is up on Steam Greenlight.

The Coffee Pony

So I've noticed that another My Little Pony Game is up on Steam Greenlight!

Starring Totally-Not-Celestia and Definitely-Not-Luna

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=557627228

You know, I said it with the last game and I'll say it here, Steam really isn't the place for fan-games!

Alright, now in case the Dev happens to be here I have to say this: If you really do want to make a game based on Ponies, there's some stuff you really need to change. You're game's on a really thin line here. The characters REALLY look like Celestia and Luna and you mentioned Starswirl by name. And aside from that I'd really suggest you clean up the audio a bit. I don't mean to appear vicious here but, it has a few issues.

And yeah Hasbro might be able to get you on the Character Designs. Let me give an example: There's a game I'm looking forward to called Last Year which was a 5 vs 1 Asymetrical Multiplayer game in which you play as 5 stereotypical teens (Jocks, Nerds, Popular Girl) up against a Slasher. Then a couple of months afterwards the Friday the 13th game was announced with the exact same concept and then C&D'd the project as one the Slashers you could play as looked Jason Voorhees so they ended up having to redesign the character. Just something I'd think about.

Edited by The Coffee Pony

I think I would give it a try it if Hasbro doesn't shut them down.

I hope they don't. All problems would be lost if creator made it a free game. I have a feeling he is making it a Pay2Play game.

I agree with your statement.

Yeah, I have to agree. It's one thing to make a game with the same art style and with ponies, as long as you differentiate yourself as much as possible from existing IP. Hasbro doesn't have a monopoly on cartoon horses, so the game could be alright if it differentiated itself. Fan games in general are fairly risky territory, but that risk takes a major leap the moment money becomes involved.

Hmm.. I think it might be ok i guess.. Though I think the age difference between Pseudo-Celestia and Pseudo-Luna is a bit exaggerated for the characters they're meant to represent..

It makes me wonder how much research the creator(s) did prior to this.. Like the fact that unicorns only stopped raising the sun and moon after Celie and Luna started doing it (Which they had no choice anyway, because there were no full grown Unicorns capable of using the spell at that time.. and even Star Swirl lost his magic..

When in this trailer thing Pseudo-Celestia saying that "Unicorns don't raise the moon" thing goes against that plot..

But of course the story can still be as it is.. there is of course the option of multiverse and this one in particular is different..

Still, I do like fan games that are as accurate to their shows as possible, including lore that makes sense and is similar to canon..

But yeah.. That's just my take on it :P

Edited by AURAequine

They want to put this out in Februrary? This game is in an alpha state and i barely see any sort of gameplay.

RPGs are usually very big games with large worlds, so this better be not just an 3 hour game and call it a day, if this game even gets released before Hasbro shuts it down.

I really wish Hasbro didn't remove Fighting is Magic. However, for something like this where user intends to profit from game (or at least that's usually the case when games are put up on Steam), I can't defend the developer. As well, with Greenlight being infamous for pushing terrible quality games, I currently can't see myself supporting this game as a paid game.

Also, this developer's Patreon page makes me further question this developer.

https://www.patreon.com/dreamwings?ty=h

Just because it has ponies, it doesn't mean I'll automatically support it. Hopefully I'm wrong and this is to be a very great game, but now I'm not so confident about that.

Also, "another My Little Pony based game" on Steam? What was this previous game?

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna

Hmm.. I think it might be ok i guess.. Though I think the age difference between Pseudo-Celestia and Pseudo-Luna is a bit exaggerated for the characters they're meant to represent..

It makes me wonder how much research the creator(s) did prior to this.. Like the fact that unicorns only stopped raising the sun and moon after Celie and Luna started doing it (Which they had no choice anyway, because there were no full grown Unicorns capable of using the spell at that time.. and even Star Swirl lost his magic..

When in this trailer thing Pseudo-Celestia saying that "Unicorns don't raise the moon" thing goes against that plot..

But of course the story can still be as it is.. there is of course the option of multiverse and this one in particular is different..

Still, I do like fan games that are as accurate to their shows as possible, including lore that makes sense and is similar to canon..

But yeah.. That's just my take on it :P

I really wish Hasbro didn't remove Fighting is Magic. However, for something like this where user intends to profit from game (or at least that's usually the case when games are put up on Steam), I can't defend the developer. As well, with Greenlight being infamous for pushing terrible quality games, I currently can't see myself supporting this game as a paid game.

Also, this developer's Patreon page makes me further question this developer.

https://www.patreon.com/dreamwings?ty=h

Just because it has ponies, it doesn't mean I'll automatically support it. Hopefully I'm wrong and this is to be a very great game, but now I'm not so confident about that.

Also, "another My Little Pony based game" on Steam? What was this previous game?

While keep in mind, it really isn't an MLP game. It's set in its own world, it's not Equestria. Really it's an Original Project. After all Hasbro doesn't own a monopoly on Candy Colored Ponies, so it MIGHT be fine or at least would be if it wasn't walking the fine line on Trademark Infringement (Not-Celestia and Not-Luna and mentioning Starswirl by name). That and while it doesn't go by Friendship is Magic Lore, it's got quite a few elements of it so it's definitely on the more questionable side.

That and while it looks more competent than most of the shit Steam is infamous for it's still got quite a few problems such as the Audio. That and judging by the Patrion Page I'm not sure if the Dev put anymore thought into it other then "GAME FOR BRONIES BY BRONIES!!"

Edited by The Coffee Pony

The game is pretty, and it runs. But hoo-boy does it have some heavy ironing out to come. ...assuming it isn't torn to shreds by the Hasbro legal team, which is pretty much a given from what content has been shown. Also;

GOLDEN VERONICA!

Geez, that's gonna be forever ringing in my ears.

The graphics look nice but not sure how this will go through the Hasbro radar. Especially if they're selling it because Hasbro doesn't like someone else making money off of their work without any royalties. 

I'm a little disturbed about Astra causing a cave in. Causing a cave in is suicidal because you would have no idea if the entire cave collapsed over your or not. It would only make sense if she did it in a life and death situation and they were being chased by those giant Timberwolves.

Edited by cider float

Man people are really desperate for a Pony game.

I'd say Hasbro should capitalize on this, but they'd probably give us a shitty minigame collection