Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted Tried drawin Rainbow Dash

Snake

So! I'm going to be getting a tablet here son (hopefully) and want to get as good at drawing as I can!
SO, I attempted to draw Rainbow Dash! (I did just a side view since its simple)
The main error I noticed with it was her face was a little..long. Her eye should land more towards the front of the face, unfortunately I didn't catch that at first. Also, her body is a little too long. I'd love some more critique on what I can do better! Also, do you think I should open a request shop? I need practice, and might as well draw some peoples OC's while i'm at it.

sig-4222047.k24iXIY.png

(EDIT!!!!)
I redrew her with all your advice, and this happened! It's so much better! 

CBLDEIw.png

Edited by Snake
  • Brohoof 16

Looks pretty good!

Her mane and tail colors are especially bright!

Thanks! Fortunately (and unfortunately) my colored pencils are very bright and dark, so trying to color as lightly as possible for her coat was no easy task. xD

• Brohoof 2

All the points you make are valid and they are about all the details you could improve, but remember you're practicing! It is good in my opinion! You could also make smoother lines. I would request a drawing of my OC if you open a request shop!

Thanks! Fortunately (and unfortunately) my colored pencils are very bright and dark, so trying to color as lightly as possible for her coat was no easy task. xD

Coloring will be MUCH easier (and hopefully more fun) when you get your tablet ;)

• Brohoof 2

All the points you make are valid and they are about all the details you could improve, but remember you're practicing! It is good in my opinion! You could also make smoother lines. I would request a drawing of my OC if you open a request shop!

Coloring will be MUCH easier (and hopefully more fun) when you get your tablet ;)

Thank you for your input! I lined it with a regular pen, and it was running out of ink (and i smudged a few places, whoops.)

I might get a ball point pen or something, I feel like that'd be a lot easier to line with.

Pretty good. I think the legs could use a little shortening, too, but it's not too bad of an attempt. Keep it up!  :)

Thank you! I'll remember that next time I draw, I appreciate the critique!  :catface:

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!

I redrew her with all your advice, and she turned out so much better this time!! Thank you all! <3

CBLDEIw.png

Edited by Snake
  • Brohoof 7

Proportion details are better at your second picture and you need to work on back legs and the cutie mark. If back legs could be a little thinner and the cutie mark could be smaller, she would be more awesome ;) but overall is very good. I like your art :) '''

• Brohoof 1

Looks amazing :pinkie:

The only thing now that I see could possibly be improved is making the body a little less long..

But that's pretty much it, everything else seems perfect :)

Keep up the great work ;)

Edited by AURAequine
  • Brohoof 1

gUAHHH THAT IMPROVEMENT HOT DIDDLY DAMN

DUDE NICE JOB BRO

Thank you!!! <3 <3 <3  :wub: 

It's amazing what constructive criticism from others, and realizing your own mistakes can do!

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...