Female Bronies  

194 users have voted

1. 1. What do you call female bronies?

• Brony
    • Pegasister
    • Filly
    • Bronette
    • Pegasis

Personally, I prefer the term "pegasister" for girls. I think it's cute and clever. But I am also fine if they do not care for the term, and prefer "brony". Whatever floats your boat.

img-4349-1-img-4349-1-img-4349-1-2ikaxhc.jpg

"Let the steel of my resolve be not bested by the sum of my fears."

Well, really...

Who cares. I don't care if I'm called a brony or pegasister, and unless someone has a strong sense of identity, of being a fan of the show, it doesn't matter much at all.

Hey,  If a girl can call herself a brony than a guy should have the right to call himself a pegasister.

unless pagasister is a subcatagory of Brony, which would mean that all male bronies are bronies but all female bronies are both bronies and pegasisters.  It just seems kind of awkward to hear a girl refer to herself as a brony.  No offense intended.

Nothing wrong with a girl calling herself a brony :) The origination of that term is a bit questionable anyway, as some argue it was created as a combination of /b/ and pony, but I don't know the full story so I couldn't advise where the 'r' came from :)

Pegasister sounds cooler, in my opinion, but heck, they want to be tagged bronies, let them :) 

Girls can call themselves whatever they want, it's no skin off my nose.

But if they can call themselves bronies, can I call myself a pegasister?

I'm only addressing this beause I'm not sure if it's meant to be a sixist comment of not.

The answer is yes. You can call yourself whatever you want to.

I'm only addressing this beause I'm not sure if it's meant to be a sixist comment of not.

The answer is yes. You can call yourself whatever you want to.

Comment was made purely in jest.  I feel it would be odd for me, though, to call myself a "pegasister". It is a bit of a double standard, though, that girls using male-oriented terms is more acceptable than guys using female terms.

img-1630605-3-sig_for_hawkflame_by_maggi

Sig by Thunderstorm

Check out my Rarity fansite!

Comment was made purely in jest.  I feel it would be odd for me, though, to call myself a "pegasister". It is a bit of a double standard, though, that girls using male-oriented terms is more acceptable than guys using female terms.

Ah, allright. I just wanted to make sure in case anyone took that the wrong way.

(annoying filler is annoying, but I have to put it here anyways)

• 2 weeks later...

If I'm honest, I don't really refer to myself as a Brony either (At least not in a serious way). I've always had a bit of an issue with labels for various reasons. I also don't really feel the need to label myself based on a show I like.

Regardless of how much I like it.

And how much merch I have.

And how many hours a day I spend on pony-related things.

:ph34r:

I totally agree with this. I'm not a trekkie, not a Whovian, just a girl who enjoys these things. Filler Filler Filler Filler Fi

• Brohoof 1

I actually prefer to be called a "Brony" rather than a "Pegasister". The would "Pegasister" makes me cringe and stuff. Brony really isn't a gender specific term. Although, it seems that this fact isn't well known on places other than this site. 

• Brohoof 1

img-1129732-1-HallowsEveSig_zps8cb73775.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there my dear... uhm, oh whatever.

I was just wondering, even if you're a girl do you think it's proper to call youreself "Brony" instead of "Pegasister? I personally prefer to call myself Brony, because the term Pegasister just feels like a way for some girls to just make sure people know their gender... For attention, or what so ever. Well of course some girls might prefer to call themself Pegasister whitout trying to get attention. But you'll have to agree, that sometimes they can be a bit toooo clear about their gender, and that pisses me off. That's common when I play WoW. Once a accidently slipped out with beeing a girl... and, ehum, the guy I was talking to went from being ok to extreeeemly friendly. Now I usually prevent that, because honestly it's a bit embarrasing. ^-^'

Although, the fact that the term "Brony" means Bro + Pony, makes me a bit confused. "Bro" is a abbreviation of brother, right? I'll might be wrong, because I don't know english that well. I know "guy" really means boy from the beginning (or atleast that's what I've been taught), but now it's common to hear people say "C'mon guys!" to girls aswell. Is that pretty much the same? Can you call a girl a bro?

Could you help me figure this out?

Oh, and also, what do you prefer? To be called Brony or Pegasister?

Have a nice day, or er, in my case it's night.

By the way, please correct my english if I made any misstakes. It could help me improve my grade in english. I alredy have the highest grade possible though, but still. You can always learn something new, right? :D

Brony. Don't get me started.

Pegasisiter is simply ugly sounding. Plus, it segregates the fandom, which is bad for one thing.

Being a girl, I prefer to be included in the fandom just as much as anyone else.

• Brohoof 5

leafeon.gif

Eeveelutions:

@Vaporeon: N-Harmonia        : Ampharos      @Flareon: Descant/Bard

@Espeon:  Locked        @Umbreon: Lhee        @Leafeon:   Firebolt        @Glaceon: Mal        @Sylveon: Don'tDropThatDedenne

It's Always been Brony= male MLP fan and Pegasister= Female MLP fan. *WARNING UNPOPULAR OPINION* I think its idiotic for the females to say they are Bronies since it was always a male term to begin with. Female fans were the original target audience so when the guys started showing up they were coined Bronies. Then the Feminists got offended that they didnt have a special name so then they called themselves Pegasisters. Then they got jealous that bronies were getting more attention so the insisted on being called bronies.

• Brohoof 2

R.I.P. Lord Bababa and Harmonic Revelations

It's Always been Brony= male MLP fan and Pegasister= Female MLP fan. *WARNING UNPOPULAR OPINION* I think its idiotic for the females to say they are Bronies since it was always a male term to begin with. Female fans were the original target audience so when the guys started showing up they were coined Bronies. Then the Feminists got offended that they didnt have a special name so then they called themselves Pegasisters. Then they got jealous that bronies were getting more attention so the insisted on being called bronies.

Actually, no. The target audience is girls aged 3-10. So if you are a girl above that age, you don't fit into the target audience. Which, by your description, makes us bronies. :)

leafeon.gif

Eeveelutions:

@Vaporeon: N-Harmonia        : Ampharos      @Flareon: Descant/Bard

@Espeon:  Locked        @Umbreon: Lhee        @Leafeon:   Firebolt        @Glaceon: Mal        @Sylveon: Don'tDropThatDedenne

Pegasisiter is simply ugly sounding.

I beg to differ, I think Pegasister is a very clever term and I think it sounds nice.

I think it's perfectly acceptable to call yourself a brony if you're a girl. Girls can certainly be "bros" if they want to. Plus, I've always thought of Brony simply being someone older than the target age of the show--regardless of how much of a "bro" they are or what their gender is.

But I don't think we should shun the girls who want to be pegasisters. In a general sense, just "Brony" works for most situations, but if you need to reveal gender or differentiate, its a great term to have around. Besides, it sounds silly to say "female brony"

• Brohoof 2

…yay…

So, in your opinion you don't think that women should be allowed to call themself anything? Or did I get it wrong?

However, I'll continue to call myself brony.

I beg to differ, I think Pegasister is a very clever term and I think it sounds nice.

I think it's perfectly acceptable to call yourself a brony if you're a girl. Girls can certainly be "bros" if they want to. Plus, I've always thought of Brony simply being someone older than the target age of the show--regardless of how much of a "bro" they are or what their gender is.

But I don't think we should shun the girls who want to be pegasisters. In a general sense, just "Brony" works for most situations, but if you need to reveal gender or differentiate, its a great term to have around. Besides, it sounds silly to say "female brony"

Oh well, that's of course. If girls want to call themselfs pegasisters that should be fine too.

Thanks anyways, you answered my question. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Brony or Pegasister, I really don't mind being called either. I don't really see how that separates people in the fandom. What's more important is that whether you're a male or female, and you're into ponies, it's pretty much your choice on what you want to be called. I usually go by brony at times, but I use the term pegasister to determine my gender.

• Brohoof 3

I'm a male and my thoughts are that I like the term pega-sister. If I talk to a female fan and have reason to say brony or whatever I'll say pega-sister however I will respect if she prefers to be called a brony and will try to remember to address her that way the next time it comes up

Hello there my dear... uhm, oh whatever.

I was just wondering, even if you're a girl do you think it's proper to call youreself "Brony" instead of "Pegasister? I personally prefer to call myself Brony, because the term Pegasister just feels like a way for some girls to just make sure people know their gender... For attention, or what so ever. Well of course some girls might prefer to call themself Pegasister whitout trying to get attention. But you'll have to agree, that sometimes they can be a bit toooo clear about their gender, and that pisses me off. That's common when I play WoW. Once a accidently slipped out with beeing a girl... and, ehum, the guy I was talking to went from being ok to extreeeemly friendly. Now I usually prevent that, because honestly it's a bit embarrasing. ^-^'

Although, the fact that the term "Brony" means Bro + Pony, makes me a bit confused. "Bro" is a abbreviation of brother, right? I'll might be wrong, because I don't know english that well. I know "guy" really means boy from the beginning (or atleast that's what I've been taught), but now it's common to hear people say "C'mon guys!" to girls aswell. Is that pretty much the same? Can you call a girl a bro?

Could you help me figure this out?

Oh, and also, what do you prefer? To be called Brony or Pegasister?

Have a nice day, or er, in my case it's night.

By the way, please correct my english if I made any misstakes. It could help me improve my grade in english. I alredy have the highest grade possible though, but still. You can always learn something new, right? :D

I think it's just easier if you dont try to understand the English language. I was born and raised with it, and I don't get it half the time. There was a point when "bro" meant brother, and would generally only be applied to males, but now I see people *cough*PewDiePie*cough* who call everyone "Bro" even girls. While Pegasister does sound rather clever, I was impressed when I first heard it, I think it's completely up to everyone to what they want to be referred to. 

• Brohoof 1

img-1796426-3-wBKtbPh.pngI've been watching you, all this time.

I like being a pegasister I suppose, not because it sounds slightly girly really but I suppose because I originally associated a Brony with a dude. But I think girls can be Bronies, it doesn't really matter really. We all love ponies so who cares what gender we are and what we call ourselves!

That's what I think :3

<3

Edited by PastelShades