Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Batbrony

Hey everypony, just watched both the "Hearth Warming Eve" and "Family Appreciation Day" episodes today, both of which are very interesting episodes that deal with Equestria/Ponyville's origins, respectfully. After watching them, an interesting thought occured to me; it would be totally awesome if next season the producers made an episode, or a couple episodes, that show Celestia and Luna's origins and their defeat of Discord (granted, we already have exposition that's covered their origins in previous episodes, but very in-depth). Here's a couple of the Pros/Cons of having such an episode:

Pros:

(1) We'd get to see a lot more of both Princess Celestia and Princess Luna than we ever have before

(2) We'd get to see Celestia and Luna, possibly, as fillies, the very thought of which makes we wanna go "d'awwwwwwwww" :wub:

(3) We'd get to see more Discord, which, in and of itself justifies such an episode alone!!! :P

(4) It'd be pretty darn interesting seeing how Celestia and Luna came to wield the Elements of Harmony, defeated Discord and became the rulers of Equestria, not to mention how they evolved into their more regal selves (i.e. if we saw them when they were younger, we might see them being far less regal ponies, and a lot more like the Mane 6)

Cons:

:huh: Ummm... nope, can't think of any in particular!

So, what do ya'll think; would any of you like to see an episode or couple of episodes next season, or in some other future season, that covers Celestia and Luna's origin story?

• Brohoof 3

Hey everypony, just watched both the "Hearth Warming Eve" and "Family Appreciation Day" episodes today, both of which are very interesting episodes that deal with Equestria/Ponyville's origins, respectfully. After watching them, an interesting thought occured to me; it would be totally awesome if next season the producers made an episode, or a couple episodes, that show Celestia and Luna's origins and their defeat of Discord (granted, we already have exposition that's covered their origins in previous episodes, but very in-depth). Here's a couple of the Pros/Cons of having such an episode:

Pros:

(1) We'd get to see a lot more of both Princess Celestia and Princess Luna than we ever have before

(2) We'd get to see Celestia and Luna, possibly, as fillies, the very thought of which makes we wanna go "d'awwwwwwwww" :wub:

(3) We'd get to see more Discord, which, in and of itself justifies such an episode alone!!! :P

(4) It'd be pretty darn interesting seeing how Celestia and Luna came to wield the Elements of Harmony, defeated Discord and became the rulers of Equestria, not to mention how they evolved into their more regal selves (i.e. if we saw them when they were younger, we might see them being far less regal ponies, and a lot more like the Mane 6)

Cons:

:huh: Ummm... nope, can't think of any in particular!

So, what do ya'll think; would any of you like to see an episode or couple of episodes next season, or in some other future season, that covers Celestia and Luna's origin story?

If it means the return of Discord THEN YES ALL THE WAY!

That would be awesome. We definitely need more appearances from Luna ;)

"A-" to the "-men" to the "that" pegasister (apologies if you're actually a brony, lolz ;) )

The fun would certainly be doubled if we started getting more of Luna in MLP!

• Brohoof 1

"A-" to the "-men" to the "that" pegasister (apologies if you're actually a brony, lolz ;) )

The fun would certainly be doubled if we started getting more of Luna in MLP!

Yeah dude, I'm a guy lol

Yeah! Some sort of flashback episode that has to do with Equestria back when Cele and Luna's parents were still ruling. It would also be nice if the episode went a little into more detail about why Celestia banished Luna to the moon...

Well at least we have Discord's origin. (:

:blink: Woah... that was... FREAKIN' EPIC!!!! :lol:

• Brohoof 1

That would be awesome to see

HOWEVA, considering the show's main target and priority is little girls, do you think they'll have the interest and/or attention span to get a history lesson about Celestia/Luna/Discord if it means none of the Mane 6 will be in the majority of the episode? Don't get me wrong, I would love the episode but that could be us bronies wanting our Equestrian history filled in. If the writers can make the episode be interesting to the youngins, then OH YEAH LET'S DO IT

That would be awesome to see

HOWEVA, considering the show's main target and priority is little girls, do you think they'll have the interest and/or attention span to get a history lesson about Celestia/Luna/Discord if it means none of the Mane 6 will be in the majority of the episode? Don't get me wrong, I would love the episode but that could be us bronies wanting our Equestrian history filled in. If the writers can make the episode be interesting to the youngins, then OH YEAH LET'S DO IT

I think they definitely would consider doing it, and could make it interesting for younger children as well.

(1) In season 2, we had two episodes in a row devoted to Equestrian history, to a degree, in "Hearth Warming Eve" and "Family Appreciation Day". Both have been some of the finest episodes in season 2 so far in my opinion (still making my way through season 2).

(2) If they depicted, at least for part of the episode(s) Celestia and Luna as fillies, then we could easily get character interaction similar to what we get with the Mane 6, so the potential for being able to entertain younger kids with such an episode or episodes is definitely there.

This would indeed be interesting, backstory is a good thing especially seeing as we don't get much of it currently. It would as said most likely change a lot of people's views of them if they do it right because you'll be able to relate to them.

Honestly, I'd be more interested in seeing a NMM origin story. How their relationship became strained, what finally caused Luna to snap, the brief period of "eternal" night, and an epic alicorn battle :D

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I'd be more interested in seeing a NMM origin story. How their relationship became strained, what finally caused Luna to snap, the brief period of "eternal" night, and an epic alicorn battle :D

That'd be pretty epic as well; the only reason I think it'd be less likely to happen then a Celestia/Luna origin story about their battle with Discord is because, while both would probably be equally epic and serious, an NMM origin episode would have a much more sadder and somber ending to it, and possibly wouldn't convey any sort of message about friendship or sisterhood to younger viewers. It'd still be epic, it's just, considering the target demographic, I think it'd be less likely to happen then a Celestia/Luna origin story. Here's hoping I'm wrong though!

That'd be pretty epic as well; the only reason I think it'd be less likely to happen then a Celestia/Luna origin story about their battle with Discord is because, while both would probably be equally epic and serious, an NMM origin episode would have a much more sadder and somber ending to it, and possibly wouldn't convey any sort of message about friendship or sisterhood to younger viewers. It'd still be epic, it's just, considering the target demographic, I think it'd be less likely to happen then a Celestia/Luna origin story. Here's hoping I'm wrong though!

Sure there's a lesson in it...

Dear Princess Celes Me,

Today I learned that sometimes, the ones you love do bad things. You should always try to reason with them and get them to stop, but that doesn't always work. When it doesn't, sometimes you have no choice but to stop them yourself.

Your faithful...umm... Self

Princess Celestia

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Sure there's a lesson in it...

Dear Princess Celes Me,

Today I learned that sometimes, the ones you love do bad things. You should always try to reason with them and get them to stop, but that doesn't always work. When it doesn't, sometimes you have no choice but to stop them yourself.

Your faithful...umm... Self

Princess Celestia

Interesting lesson, now let's look at it from somepony else's perspective:

Dear Princess Celestia,

Today I learned that when diplomacy fails, the next option that your sister will resort to is banishing you to the moon. Your hateful nemesis,

Nightmare Moon

P.S. I love it soooooooooooooo much more up here, being all alone on this barren, cold rock. Enjoy your lame sun, and your lame Equestria, and your lame ponies. The Moon rules 4evahhhh!!! B)

LOL, all joking aside, that would be a lesson to be taught by such an episode as the one you proposed. Way to think outside the box; now the real question is, can you also think inside the chimney? :)

Edited by Batbrony

In all seriousness, i would love this.

Just for laughs, this exists. Right here.

YESSS!!! I don't know how many times I've seen this vid already, but it never fails to make me laugh!!! :lol:

• Brohoof 1