Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is the Best Cutie Mark Crusader to you?

3k932jd22328jdsf

55 users have voted

1. 1. Best Crusader?

• Scootaloo
    • Apple Bloom
    • Sweetie Bell

Apple Bloom ALL THE WAY! <3 APPLE BLOOM IS BEST CRUSADER! (at first I wrote Apple Blood LOL)

(Also, in the poll, you spelled Sweetie Belle's name wrong!)

Second fave would be Sweetie Belle and then Scoots.

I don't think that one is really better than the other.

I do, however, have a favorite. That would be Sweetie Belle.

Sweetie belle SO HARD. She's basically the sonata of the group, a loveable ditz. I don't want to call her "Stupid", but her mental lapses are both adorable and humorous.

Next up is scoots. While scoots is nice and all, she just can't measure up to sweetie. but she does have some depth with her feelings of inadequacy at being unable to fly and her hero worship of dash.

And finally... there's Applebloom. who is just flat out boring IMO. Like, really boring. the only real personality traits she's had has been her Cutie mark fixation and acting as the "leader" of the cutie mark crusaders (which is circular back to the cutie mark thing), and a desire to be treated as an adult.

She's... just bland. Like really bland. I won't be surprised if she loses this by a HUGE margin compared to the other two (I predict sweetie will just BARELY win this, with scoots right behind her, and AB far in the back. Like 44/37/19 ratio.)

The first two seasons I was all about Sweetie Bell but in S3 Scootaloo tied and then Flight to the Finish really put her over the edge for me. I can relate to her in certain ways. Having great aspirations but being limited (in my case health issues) but after that she wins for me by a landslide for her determination and spunk. I still like the others too.  Apple Bloom is third in my ranking but I still love her.

Sweetie Belle is the funniest, has the most heartfelt and "real" feeling relationship with her sister (even if it's not the most perfect one) with them both having a hard time getting the other and screwing up and hurting the other sometimes, but working to fix it and showing how much they really do love each other. And is just all around super adorable. 

Scootaloo has a lot of spunk and a nice feelsy hook with her inadequecies and stuff, her relationship with Dash is very heartwarming and brings out the best in Dash but we just don't get enough of it to top Rarity' and Sweeties.

Apple Bloom is unfortunately kinda boring a lot of the time, her relationship with Applejack is honestly TOO good most of the time, which makes it feel less "real" and leaves it with less heartwarming moments, really I think I felt more from her and Big Mac in Brotherhooves Social than I ever did from her and Applejack's scenes. And the one time it wasn't (Somepony to Watch Over Me) was an episode where Applejack was wildly out of character and might infact be the worst episode of the series for me. But she does have her moments, id actually place Bloom and Gloom in my top 10 of S5, maybe even top 5. I think she was great there and that episode is really underrated. But aside from that one her focus episodes lag way way behind the other two CMCs. She has a good important role in their overall dynamic though and gets good moments in group CMC episodes. But I still do not get why the writers give her SO MUCH more focus than the rest of the CMC. Seriously in Season 5 she was in almost as many episodes as Fluttershy.

Edited by M'gann M'orzz
  • Brohoof 1

Sweetie Belle is the funniest, has the most heartfelt and "real" feeling relationship with her sister (even if it's not the most perfect one) with them both having a hard time getting the other and screwing up and hurting the other sometimes, but working to fix it and showing how much they really do love each other. And is just all around super adorable. 

Scootaloo has a lot of spunk and a nice feelsy hook with her inadequecies and stuff, her relationship with Dash is very heartwarming and brings out the best in Dash but we just don't get enough of it to top Rarity' and Sweeties.

Apple Bloom is unfortunately kinda boring a lot of the time, her relationship with Applejack is honestly TOO good most of the time, which makes it feel less "real" and leaves it with less heartwarming moments, really I think I felt more from her and Big Mac in Brotherhooves Social than I ever did from her and Applejack's scenes. And the one time it wasn't (Somepony to Watch Over Me) was an episode where Applejack was wildly out of character and might infact be the worst episode of the series for me. But she does have her moments, id actually place Bloom and Gloom in my top 10 of S5, maybe even top 5. I think she was great there and that episode is really underrated. But aside from that one her focus episodes lag way way behind the other two CMCs. She has a good important role in their overall dynamic though and gets good moments in group CMC episodes. But I still do not get why the writers give her SO MUCH more focus than the rest of the CMC. Seriously in Season 5 she was in almost as many episodes as Fluttershy.

To be fair scootaloo technically doesn't have a sister. Although she is somewhat close to Rainbow Dash.

To be fair scootaloo technically doesn't have a sister. Although she is somewhat close to Rainbow Dash.

well, the "no sister" part actually works well to make her looking up to rainbow dash feel more emotional. Since she doesn't have any family members or sisters to look up to dash acts as a surrogate sister, which rugs on the feels more, kind of like whenever you have a character in a movie get a non-biological father figure it feels more powerful due to the absence of one beforehand.

agreed on all points.

Honestly though, i think they feel an obligation to show so much applebloom because as the leader of the CMC she dictates the direction of the group and the other two, so they feel a need to try and develop her more. I don't like it much since she's pretty boring IMO, but I think that's their reasoning. Kind of like how they will usually give twilight (or sunset shimmer for EQG) more screentime and focus, or in twilight's case more episodes. its just very unorthodox to not give a "group leader" character the most focus compared to the others. (not that I agree with that paradigm, but that's how it normally goes)

Edited by Unlikeable Pony

Sweetie belle SO HARD. She's basically the sonata of the group, a loveable ditz. I don't want to call her "Stupid", but her mental lapses are both adorable and humorous.

Next up is scoots. While scoots is nice and all, she just can't measure up to sweetie. but she does have some depth with her feelings of inadequacy at being unable to fly and her hero worship of dash.

And finally... there's Applebloom. who is just flat out boring IMO. Like, really boring. the only real personality traits she's had has been her Cutie mark fixation and acting as the "leader" of the cutie mark crusaders (which is circular back to the cutie mark thing), and a desire to be treated as an adult.

She's... just bland. Like really bland. I won't be surprised if she loses this by a HUGE margin compared to the other two (I predict sweetie will just BARELY win this, with scoots right behind her, and AB far in the back. Like 44/37/19 ratio.)

large.jpeg

Come to think of it, you've probably already seen this.

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle are tied for my favourite :P

As much as I love Scoots, I just haven't really connected with her character that much yet, compared to the other two. :D