Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What If Princess Celestia And/Or Princess Luna Became Mothers?

GXPBlast

Officially, Both Princess Celestia and Princess Luna have had no offspring in the show. We don't know what will happen in future seasons but for now for the over thousands years of existence, the sisters never had children for whatever reason. I highly doubt its due to age as they seem to be either immortal or age very slowly after reaching mare hood.

Lets say for whatever reason Celestia And/Or Luna fell in love with another pony (or another species) and had foals or a hybrid.

How do you think this would effect them personally after becoming mothers in a thousand years? Do you think the princesses would be good parents? Would it effect how they rule? Finally, how do you think it would effect those around them and Equestria as a whole?

I look forward to see what you guys have to say. Also feel free to share images of them expecting, and as parents either with another pony or species.

Edited by GXPBlast

I think them having power over the sun and moon while having the classic pregnancy mood swings is going to be a pretty terrifying 11 months for Equestria... every neighbouring country will probably go to Defcon5 or something incase the sisters declare war after binging all the ice cream in the castle. XD

• Brohoof 1

im pretty sure they cant have kids. that's the reason celestia is constantly getting pupils, so she can have a heir.

The point is not to argue why they did not have offspring, its what if they have offspring. No point in making that an issue. Thats why its a what if thread lol.

im pretty sure they cant have kids. that's the reason celestia is constantly getting pupils, so she can have a heir.

The only problem with that is the fact the hasbro book "Journal of the Royal Sisters" mentions that there were several other alicorns in the castle when they were young so they were a race at once point. Also the fact they sisters are little fillies themselves (without cuitiemarks even) means they were born into the world and didn't just spring into existance.

We also have the fact that Cadence is now pregnant from a regular unicorn so they certainly aren't sterile or incompatable with other ponies.

What I wonder about is that alicorns are immortal, right? Are their offspring also immortal? If not, does that mean that Cadence, and in this speculative topic Celestia and Luna, have to watch their offspring grow old and die? I have wondered about that from time to time...

I don't think that they would have a foal, but it would be very interesting if they did. It wouldn't surprise me if there were an episode in season 6 where they have to foalsit Cadance and Shining Armor's foal. I would be interested to see how they would handle it. I think that Celestia will be too kind for her own good, but Luna will be rather forceful and impatient, and they learn that they need a balance.

I think it Celestia would be more motherly, but she has to rule Equestria and I don't think she would have time. As for Luna, I don't think she's the mother type.

But she was always there for the CMC. There was literally an episode for each CMC and Luna. 

And of course Luna and Pipsqueak.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 1