Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could have Moondancer become a villain?

TigerGeekGuy

POSSIBLE SEASON FIVE SPOILERS

So I had some thoughts about Moondancer and her situation before Twilight came to apologize to her in Amending Fences.
Given that it really didn't take much for Starlight Glimmer to become a villain, could Moondancer have become one as well?

I mean, she really felt betrayed by Twilight and isolated herself from her other friends as well.
Given enough time, could she have grown hateful and resentful of Twilight and her new friends? Could she have grown her power with her studying and self-imposed isolation to possibly become a villain?

In the episode, we definitely see that she had strong feelings about what Twilight did to her.

Specifically, 1:10 -

It wouldn't be that big of a stretch to think that had Twilight not apologized, she would've become incredibly more spiteful. Maybe even to the point that she would want revenge?

What do you guys think? Edited by ATGG

Definite possibility is what it was. It seems one of the ways villains become villains, at least for ponies, is the lack of friendship in their life. No friendship, probably equals depression, most likely equals spite, if it was caused by another pony potentially. 

I am not sure what kind of villain that she could have been though, probably not a very interesting one. A super genius? Maybe,

She probably would have been a much better villain than Starlight though.

• Brohoof 2

Well if someone like Starlight Glimmer can become a villain due to losing ONE friend that she could have written letters to or actually attempt to communicate with in other ways, than I guess someone like Moondancer could become a villain.

• Brohoof 2

She could've, but for this situation, it makes no sense. Moondancer invited Twilight because Minuette, Twinkleshine, and Lemon Hearts convinced her to create that party. When Twilight abandoned her, all of MD's pain was centered by her skipping it and Twilight alone. Starlight and Sunburst's separation occurred from when they were foals, and Starlight squarely blamed his mark for that.

• Brohoof 2

POSSIBLE SEASON FIVE SPOILERS

So I had some thoughts about Moondancer and her situation before Twilight came to apologize to her in Amending Fences.

Given that it really didn't take much for Starlight Glimmer to become a villain, could Moondancer have become one as well?

I mean, she really felt betrayed by Twilight and isolated herself from her other friends as well.

Given enough time, could she have grown hateful and resentful of Twilight and her new friends? Could she have grown her power with her studying and self-imposed isolation to possibly become a villain?

In the episode, we definitely see that she had strong feelings about what Twilight did to her.

Specifically, 1:10 - https://youtu.be/TCCxPDiG2eI?t=1m10s

It wouldn't that big of a stretch to think that had Twilight not apologized, she would've become incredibly more spiteful. Maybe even to the point that she would want revenge?

What do you guys think?

I don't really think so, but it's a possibility.

Well in one movie she was. Her name in it was Pink Floyd. 

Potentially distributing imagery below

(For those of you unfamiliar with the album The Wall, it tells the story of Pink Floyd, a child who, out of the grief and frustration he felt in live, builds a wall to isolate himself from all other people, but upon completing it, realizes it was a massive mistake and tries to tear it down but fails to do so and goes insane from drugs and acts out a fascist fantasy which breaks him out of his state and he puts himself on trail, ordering him to tear down the wall. Good album, weird movie) 

Edited by Sidral Mundet