Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think "THE BIG MLP FORUMS PROJECT" should be rebooted for 2016?

Vulcan

25 users have voted

1. 1. Do you think it should be rebooted?

• Yes
    • No
    • Others (state below)

I had the idea when I accidentally posted on a project that ended in 2013.

https://mlpforums.com/topic/58081-the-big-mlp-forums-project-everyone-needed/page-1

Which basically sought to make a wallpaper out of every member on the forums, sort of like a collage or a class photo of sorts. 

sig-4327201.img-1395495-1-mlp_forums_app

Much has changed since then, many of the members there are no longer around and have left, others are a completely different pony.The strangest thing is that most of the prominent members have joined the forum after the project was over and as such are not included.

I'd like to know your thoughts on it, do you think it should be rebooted? do you think not? 

Edited by Vulcan
  • Brohoof 10

It would be a very nice idea. But wouldn't this put somewhat of tiny bits of stress on digital artists that run really big request shops on the forums?

(edited)
It would be a very nice idea. But wouldn't this put somewhat of tiny bits of stress on digital artists that run really big request shops on the forums?

Glad you brought that up, the participation of artists would be solely up to them but , assuming I would take lead (which I hope not),

I would only allow those who have been on the forums for at least 2 months to participate (1 month or less if they've joined an RP or have opened a request shop), and given most members who have been here for a month would already have  an OC with a transparent background, It would merely be a matter of copy and paste with minimal editing and they wouldn't have to bother the request shops.

Also they wouldn't necessarily need OC's , just something they feel would best represent them , such as a giant eye, a cat, or Bill cipher :P

Edited by Vulcan
  • Brohoof 2

What can I do to help the project?

This isn't something that's happening yet X3 I'm just asking what people's opinions of it are XD

though if it were to come to pass , I suppose just having Artimis in the picture would help ^ ^

It's... going to get a little crowded. Probably. I asked my avatar about it, and he has informed me that he doesn't like to be around so many ponies. He says the project should be revamped so that all the ponies are eliminated and it's just him. He's specifically requesting just one big tiger wallpaper.

Welp, can't please everyone, I suppose.

• Brohoof 4

I remember the last time it happened. (I'm in the back left :D )

Though I've seen many artists try to do these things and they always end up giving up or just leaving the site altogether without ever having finished. o-o

In the end it's a good idea to help the community come together a bit, but on the other hand it's too large a project for a single person. x-x

• Brohoof 2

Speaking of, how would a breezie show up? Breezies are pretty tiny 

Well, again clarifying I may not lead this, but I assume that the user who would like to be represented as a breezie will have the option of either being of a slightly bigger more visible size that's still small, or just choose to retain his size and accept that he may not be all that clear in the picture, though the picture would be wall paper sized , so I think they could still be seen either way. :)

• Brohoof 1

If all I had to do is submit a picture of my ponysona, I'd do it.

We still don't knowing who would lead it, but assuming I would (If noone steps up), then that would be all you'd have to do! unless too many people would be applying , in which case, I'd require the others to send theirs in transparent or white background to lessen the work load. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, again clarifying I may not lead this, but I assume that the user who would like to be represented as a breezie will have the option of either being of a slightly bigger more visible size that's still small, or just choose to retain his size and accept that he may not be all that clear in the picture, though the picture would be wall paper sized , so I think they could still be seen either way. :)

Okie doke because my one of my ocs is a breezie and I want her to be in the picture. As she is my newest and in my opinion the cutest! I really do want this to happen by the way

A few months ago I started looking into the effort it would take to do this using a different set up. It would focus on active users by requesting opt in submissions of their OC instead of an all member concept (Seriously ... that would be almost impossible for even a coordinated team). If somepony wants to head this up, I would approve the attempt and pin the topic.

I'm also moving this to feedback

• Brohoof 4

I'm... somewhere in there. But I do think it should be rebooted, if I have time maybe I could work on it. I'm not too shabby at copy and pasting vectors in a visually appealing manner. mlp-sunsmirk.png

• Brohoof 1

It's very coincidental for this to be brought up to be honest :P Last year I actually thought it would be a great idea if I could make a vector with Bronies in it, kinda like a "Brony Family Vector". I honestly had no idea something like this was done before, but now I'm aware of it, I feel like doing my vector project soon.

I gather the big MLP Forums Project is only centered around MLP Forum members only, although mine is for any Brony around the internet to get involved with. I was also planning on doing mine all by myself, which I know would take a long time to do, but I know I'm more than capable of doing it.

With that said, I basically had the same idea, but not just restricted to MLP Forum members. I will be doing my Brony Family Vector soon, so keep check of the visual art section! Even though I have my own similar project, I'm still going to support the big MLP Forum Project, and if you ever go ahead and do it, and you find you're short on vector Artists, I could help out with MLP Forums one too.

I don't see any reason why the big MLP Forum project shouldn't be done, and I'm sure there are many Artists on here that are passionate enough to make this happen. If this is also done, I wish both of us luck with these projects :)

Edit: If this post gets 5+ brohooves, I will start my project tomorrow, and open my topic in visual arts. I swear I am more than capable of doing this, and I've got enough heart to make it work :)

Edited by Lightning Dash
  • Brohoof 5

Not to be a buzzkill, but there's one thing that bothers me about this idea...

If this idea does get enough recognition, then I would like to make a suggestion to only allow specific members in. By that, I mean that if there's going to be a member who joined just to see their OC in a wallpaper, then I'd feel uncomfortable with that. I would prefer to see OCs made by members who have been around for a specific period of time or if they're of a certain rank. Not only does it capture the spirit of MLPForums a little more, but by making a rule like you need to be a month old user to participate this project, you'd get less vectors from users, thus making the creation of the wallpaper less of a waste of time.

So overall, while I do support the idea, I don't like the idea of having new users joining just because they want to see their OC in a wallpaper and nothing else. Just a thought.

Edited by Odyssey
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

@@Odyssey,

We've covered it actually ^ ^  , I believe Project: Echo brought it up. I feel the same way :)

> At least 2 months old (One month if owning a request shop or has joined an RP)

It seems we've all had a path in choosing how to go about it,

Lightning Dash is willing to take  a year in making his own vectors and allowing anyone to join so long as they are Bronies ,

Shift has offered to do so as well , If she finds the time, 

Edited by Ghost Boy
  • Brohoof 1

@@Odyssey,

We've covered it actually ^ ^  , I believe Project: Echo brought it up. I feel the same way :)

> At least 2 months old (One month if owning a request shop or has joined an RP)

It seems we've all had a path in choosing how to go about it,

Lightning Dash is willing to take  a year in making his own vectors and allowing anyone to join so long as they are Bronies ,

Shift has offered to do so as well , If she finds the time, 

Ah, alrighty then. Glad to see that you got everything covered. I can't wait to see the project then! Best of luck to you and your artists. :)

Ah, alrighty then. Glad to see that you got everything covered. I can't wait to see the project then! Best of luck to you and your artists.

Would like to clarify, they are not my artists X3

We each sort of have our own little projects to make it ^ ^ , I'm still mulling over how to go about mine, I'm thinking since Lightning is already going about the wallpaper, that I could make something a different.

Would like to clarify, they are not my artists X3

We each sort of have our own little projects to make it ^ ^ , I'm still mulling over how to go about mine, I'm thinking since Lightning is already going about the wallpaper, that I could make something a different.

Ah, I see. c:

Well it does sound rather exciting. Perhaps you can handle special effects or something? That, or you can make vector art to make things a little faster. But whatever you choose is fine by me. :P