Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why does Hasbro keep getting a free pass for their copyright BS?

Plonkett

So what are you trying to say? That it's okay for a company to abuse the copyright system? At the end of the day, it's still censorship if you're taking down something that was just made out of love.

it's not abusing the copyright system when they own the charactors, 

• Brohoof 2

it's not abusing the copyright system when they own the charactors, 

Universal Music Corp owns the rights to Prince's music and the judge agreed that they were abusing the copyright system when they sued Stephanie Lenz. There's even a Wiki article about it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenz_v._Universal_Music_Corp.

Just because you own something doesn't mean you should be all gung ho about it.

The recent thread on MisterDavie's video had already proved my point.  There were already some Hasbro white knights in there, some who even hate fan animation as a whole.

Yeah, and your point is? It's a very small minority that are defending them.

The recent thread on MisterDavie's video had already proved my point.  There were already some Hasbro white knights in there, some who even hate fan animation as a whole.

What kinda mind set is this?

Just because i agree with some of the stuff Hasbro does, i am not a whiteknight.

• Brohoof 1

To be fair and as I pointed out in that thread: MisterDavie claimed to work for Hasbro when he did not to promote his videos. He claimed he worked for the studio that made the show, so Hasbro taking his content down I think is totally legit because he was literally pretending to represent Hasbro when he did not. That's impersonation, so taking down his content is pretty minor considering they have grounds to sue with that.

I don't care about his animations, I care that he lied about his affiliation with Hasbro to try and get more views and I think taking down his content because he claimed affiliation with them is totally fair. Even if he actually IS affiliated with them, it's still fair to take it down because under contract they are not supposed to make "fan works".

So MisterDavie is a special case.

Hasbro owns My Little Pony. Be glad that they're not strict on the copyright stuff like Disney is. Hasbro doesn't typically have a problem with fan arts, fan animation, fan comics, etc. Not very many things were taken down by Hasbro. If someone was making money off of My Little Pony, then I can see why Hasbro has a problem with it. I especially could see Hasbro having a problem when they're not credited. 

Was that Princess Molestia blog been making money or something? I refuse to believe it was taken down due to portrayal. 

Also Lauren Faust pitching in on the new Fighting is Magic could show her how she felt about Hasbro. 

Edited by cider float