Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Dash's Family Tree

AndrewKnapp

So today I wondered, what does Rainbow Dash's family tree look like. Well, here's what I came up with:

Rainbow Blaze-Rainbow Lotus

(father)             (mother)

Rainbow Dash

Icy Storm- (saw this on Pinterest)

(brother)

Soarin (cousin)

(Soarin would be Rainbow's boyfriend)

Did I get it right?

Is it accurate?

Let me know!

But we know absolutely nothing about her family other than some guy from "Games Ponies Play" who may or may not be related to RD

Scratch what I said before; here's a more updated version:

Rainbow Blaze-Rainbow Lotus (mother)

(father)                         I

Rainbow Dash----------Soarin (boyfriend)

Icy Storm (brother)

• Brohoof 1

Like others have already brought up, we know little to nothing about Rainbow Dash's family. Sure we got a glimpse of another Rainbow Stallion in Dashie's flashback but he could have been her father, brother, cousin, uncle, etc...

Until it is properly made canon in the show, all we can do is speculate about her family origins. I will wait for future seasons for the writers to properly introduce us to her family (and it will be a much anticipated episode like Pinkie's Hearthbreakers ep  :wub:). 

• 3 months later...

I think it would be very interesting for the show to have a family reunion episode for all the ponies. 

We have seen Twilight's family.

Rarity's family.

Pinkie's family.

AJ's family.

So it would be really awesome to see RD's family and Fluttershy's family. Which, both are more than likely still in Cloudsdale. 

• Brohoof 1

Outside of that one brief cameo in Games Ponies Play with someone who looks like Rainbow's father, we don't know anything about her family whatsoever.

The same would apply to Fluttershy, but the upcoming Flutter Brother will finally give us an insight on her family situation.

Hopefully we can learn more about Rainbow's sometime soon.

>Obligatory Earlybrony dash's mother joke

celestia_and_rainbow_dash_by_applecider1

Anyways, seriously though, we know NOTHING about Dash's family, apart from Rainbow blaze looking like her and being her mentor (based on the CCG card's info). We still don't know if he's her brother, father, uncle, whatever, ect. though.

And we know NOTHING about her mother either, though its a pretty popular headcanon that her mother was Firefly XD (Of course, that's kind of been snuffed out a bit since we know the founder of the Wonderbolts was General firefly)

(edited)

We know least about her family more than anyone. Other than some stallion who looks like he's related to her, we have nothing else to go on. Personally I'm hoping they actually go the route of her both being an only child and having a single father as it could be an interesting direction for a character's family for a change, and could help explain her character a bit more(growing up alone means she gets a lot of attention, but growing up alone also means she always wanted a sibling, AKA her relationship with Scoots, takes after her father which could explain her tomboy nature.)

As for her mom, I'd say divorce, but that might be hard to pull off considering that 90% of the time divorce settlements always favors the mother, so I can see the writers preferring the "she passed away" route like AJ's parents. 

Edited by Megas