Which one do you prefer ?  

68 users have voted

1. 1. Which one do you prefer ?

• Knight
    • Samurai
    • Screw them ! Vikings !

On 1/23/2021 at 10:21 PM, Steel Accord said:

The armor thing isn't true.

True, but they also have to keep in mind though, there are variety of what metals they use to craft it. Some are heavier than others depending how wealthy your knights are. Different kingdoms have their own ways to how to craft an efficient armor and improve. At the time when knighthood started, when they first made the armors, it was indeed very heavy. So what do you do? They try to improve to make a armors that not only protects the wearer but also allowing the wearer to move freely.  While you're not wrong but if the samurai were up against knights it's all depends what type of armors they have on, since not all are the same.  

On 1/26/2021 at 11:08 AM, TBD said:

True, but they also have to keep in mind though, there are variety of what metals they use to craft it. Some are heavier than others depending how wealthy your knights are. Different kingdoms have their own ways to how to craft an efficient armor and improve. At the time when knighthood started, when they first made the armors, it was indeed very heavy. So what do you do? They try to improve to make a armors that not only protects the wearer but also allowing the wearer to move freely.  While you're not wrong but if the samurai were up against knights it's all depends what type of armors they have on, since not all are the same.  

Certainly not. My point was that a knight in armor wouldn’t be universally slower or less agile than a samurai. Who would likely also be wearing armor.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-02-01 at 10:21 AM, Steel Accord said:

Certainly not. My point was that a knight in armor wouldn’t be universally slower or less agile than a samurai. Who would likely also be wearing armor.

I understand what your points is, but just because they both wear armors doesn’t necessarily means all armors are made the same. We are taking about different materials, different time frames of armors developments, all that jazz. That’s the point I’m trying to get at here.

5 hours ago, TBD said:

I understand what your points is, but just because they both wear armors doesn’t necessarily means all armors are made the same. We are taking about different materials, different time frames of armors developments, all that jazz. That’s the point I’m trying to get at here.

Certainly. Knight armor would be made mostly of metal where Samurai armor would not due to the comparative rarity (hehe :devious:) of steel in Japan compared to Europe. Just that a knight's armor would not necessarily be as much of a burden upon his movement as commonly believed.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
On 2016-02-17 at 5:05 AM, White said:

This is a stupid question.

I prefer knights, the pop culture over hype around Samurais kind of destroyed their image for me.

I must say anything Japanese related fell victim of this due to weebs :yuck:

On 2021-05-08 at 9:31 AM, Steve Piranha said:

I must say anything Japanese related fell victim of this due to weebs :yuck:

Honestly, they ironically don't seem to touch anything actual historical about them. If it didn't last post-WWII, it's like it doesn't exist to them. They only care about Samurai inasmuch as anime depictions or influence of them. Ask any weeb to actually name a famous historical samurai or even time period (that wasn't name checked in an anime) and chances are they won't know it.

2 hours ago, Steel Accord said:

Honestly, they ironically don't seem to touch anything actual historical about them. If it didn't last post-WWII, it's like it doesn't exist to them. They only care about Samurai inasmuch as anime depictions or influence of them. Ask any weeb to actually name a famous historical samurai or even time period (that wasn't name checked in an anime) and chances are they won't know it.

I’ve watched a documentary series about the unification of Japan initiated by Nobunaga, and I probably know more about samurais than the average weeb:D 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...